Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Favourite lyrics from NFR

I saw this trend going around in the NFR thread, and I love it. Such a fun thing to share. Share your favourite lyrics from NFR below! Share as many as you like.

I'm always a bit excessive, so I'm going to share my favourite lyrics from each track:

NFR - Why wait for the best when I could have you?

MAC - I fucked up, I know that, but Jesus - can't a girl just do the best she can?

VB - You're beautiful and I'm insane // If you weren't mine I'd be jealous of your love

FIILY - Drink lime green, stay up 'til dawn - maybe the way that I'm living is killing me // It turns out everywhere you go, you take yourself, it's not a lie

LS - You know that I'd just die to make you proud

CG - There's things I want to say to you, but I'll just let you live - like if you hold me without hurting me, you'll be the first who ever did

HTD - He moves mountains and pounds them to ground again // I watch the skies getting light as I write as I think about those years, as I whisper in your ear, I'm always going to be right here - no one's going anywhere

CA - You're scared to win, scared to lose - I've heard the war is over if you really choose, the one in and around you // the entire pre-chorus

TNBAR - You make me feel like there's something that I never knew I wanted

TG - We didn't know that we had it all, but nobody warns you before the fall // I want shit to feel just like it used to, when baby I was doing nothing most of all // If this is it, I'm signing off // the entire first chorus

BT - Baby, remember I'm not drinking wine, but that cherry coke you serve is fine

HIAB - If he's a serial killer, then what's the worst that could happen to a girl that's already hurt?

HIADT - Writing in blood on my walls 'cause the ink in my pen don't work in my notepad // Don't ask if I'm happy, you know that I'm not, but at best I can say I'm not sad // I've been tearing up town in my fucking nightgown like a goddamn near sociopath // Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, hope is a dangerous thing for a woman with my past // A modern day woman with a weak constitution 'cause I've got monsters still under my bed that I could never fight off // A gatekeeper carelessly dropping the keys on my nights off

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I’ll copy-paste my post from yesterday. :3

- Why wait for the best when I could have you?

- You lose your way, just take my hand // You’re lost at sea, then I’ll command your boat to me again // Don’t look to far, right where you are, that’s where I am! // I’m your man (ok I’m aware that’s more than a line but it’s just too good!)

- If you weren’t mine I’d be jealous of your love

- It turns out everywhere you go, you take yourself, it’s not a lie

- (I feel like skipping DT since the lyrics isn’t hers but oh well) Oh, take this veil from off my eyes // My burning sun will someday rise

- Now I’m here with you and // I would like to think that you would stick around

- There’s things I wanna say to you, but I’ll just let you live

- I’m always going to be right here // No one’s going anywhere

- I wanted to reach out, but I never said a thing

- He was 70’s in spirit, 90’s in his frame of mind

- L.A. is in flames, it’s getting hot // Kanye West is blond and gone // “Life on Mars” ain’t just a song // Oh, the livestream’s almost on

- Playing games of levitation, meditating in the garden

- I said, don’t be a jerk, don’t call me a taxi // Sitting in your sweatshirt, crying in the backseat

- Don’t ask if I’m happy, you know that I’m not // But at best, I can say I’m not sad

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

the second verse of love song

"ur scared to win scared to lose, i heard the war is over if you really choose" and "changing like the weather oh thats so like you"

"ur head in ur hand as u color me blue"

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

You know that I'd just die to make you proud

There's things I want to say to you, but I'll just let you live

Those two lines  are so personal for me bc thtats what I'm feeling /doing  currently

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

NFR - Self-loathing poet, resident Laurel Canyon know-it-all

MAC - You're lost at sea, then i'll command your boat to me again.

VB - As the summer fades away, nothing gold can stay.

FIILY - Chances in my veins, running out of time.

LS - in the cock in the co-  it all comes down to make the sound of our love song 

CG - You made me mad, I'm fire again.

HTD - I watched the guys getting high as they fight for the things that they hold dear to forget the things they fear

CA - I've heard the war is over if you really choose, the one in and around you 

TNBAR - It's you‚ all the roads lead to you, everything I want and do, all the things that I say

TG - Life on Mars ain't just a song

BT - I bought me a truck in the middle of the night, it'll buy me a year if I play my cards right

HIAB - If he's a serial killer, then what's the worst that could happen to a girl that's already hurt?

HIADT - A modern day woman with a weak constitution, 'cause I've got monsters still under my bed that I could never fight off

the entirety of The Greatest and Hope 

Taste. In my opinion, those are the two tracks with the strongest lyrical content x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

NFR: "you talk to the walls when the party gets bored of you / but I don't get bored, I just see through"

MAC: "they took my sadness out of context" & "kinda girl who's gonna make you wonder / who you are and who you been"

VB: "baby's back in town now / you should come-a come over" & "back in the garden / we're getting high now / because we're older..."
FIILY: "turns out everywhere you go / you take yourself"

LS: "I believe that you see me for who I am [...] is it safe, is it safe to just be who we are?" & "would like to think that you will stick around"

CG: "hold me, love me, touch me, help me / be the first who ever did"

HTD: "you just crack another beer / and pretend that you're still here / this is how to disappear" & "I watch the skies getting light as I write / as I think about those years [...] no one's going anywhere"

CA: "heard the war was over if you really choose / the one in and around you" & "we'll do whatever you want / travel wherever, how far / we'll hit up all the old places / we'll have a party / we'll dance til dawn"

TNBAR: "my baby used to dance underneath my architecture / we lost track of space / we lost track of time"

TG: "we didn't know that we had it all / but nobody warns you before the fall" & "I want shit to feel just like it used to / I miss doing nothing the most of all"

BT: "they don't know yet where I reside / sixty miles from the last place I hide"

HIAB: "happiness is a butterfly / we should catch it while dancing / I lose myself in the music baby"

HIADT: "writing in blood on the walls / 'cause the ink in my pen don't work in my notepad" & "I have it, I have it, I have it"

John met me down on the boulevard

Cry on his shoulder ‘cuz life is hard

The waves came in over my head...

Whatcha been up to, my baby?

Haven’t seen you ‘round here lately

All of the guys tell me lies

But you don’t, you just crack another beer

And pretend that you’re still here...

This is how to disappear

This is how to disappear

///

I watch the guys getting high

as they fight for the things that they hold dear

To forget the things they fear

///

The California sun & the movie stars...

I watch the skies getting light as I write

As I think about those years

As I whisper in your ear,

“I’m always going to be right here. No one’s going anywhere.”

I typed nearly the entire song.. :toofunny:

HTD is my favorite Lana song in years. I just adore the lyrics, they take me back to BTD days - the storytelling in this song is just out of this world. & the WAY SHE SINGS THIS SONG..... it is TRANSCENDENT. The way she sings the words “how” & “disappear” in the chorus is so beautiful and sad. It gives me chills.

14417469274.gif

NFR: "You f$#%@d me so good that I almost said I love you"

MAC: "CATCH A WAVE AND TAKE IN THE SWEETNESS, TAKE IN THE SWEETNESS, YOU WANT THIS, YOU NEED THIS"

VB: "Oh god, love him on my lips"
FIILY: "If I wasn't so f$#@%d up, I think I'd f^#k you all the time"

LS: "I would like to think that you will stick aaarroouuunddd"

CG: "Hold me, love me, touch me, honey be the first who ever did"

HTD: "Cried on his shoulder 'cause life is hard"

CA: "We'll do whatever you want, travel wherever, how far" 

TNBAR: "I see you for who you really are, why the thousands of girls love the way Bill plays guitar"

TG: "Those nights were on fire, we couldn't get higher, we didn't know that we had it all"

BT: "Bart-t-tender, keep love alive"

HIAB: "Do you want me or do you not? I heard one thing, now I'm hearing another" 

HIADT: "Don't ask if I'm happy, you know that I'm not but at best I can say I'm not sad" 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

Cinnamon has the best lyrics on the record for me.

The "there are things I wanna say to you but i'll just let you live" line is genius and reveals so much in a short period of time. It's everything.

Reposting mine:

1. Norman Fucking Rockwell: "God damn man child you act like a kid even though you stand six foot two"

2. Mariner's Apartment Complex: "I'm the board the lightning the thunder Kind of girl who's gonna make you wonder Who you are and who you've been"

3. Venice Bitch:"You're in the yard I light the fire And as the summer fades away Nothing gold can stay You write I tour we make it work You're beautiful and I'm insane We're american made"

4. Fuck It I Love You:"I like to light up the stage with a song Do shit to keep me turned on But one day I woke up like Maybe I'll do it differently"

5. Doin' Time: "Evil we've come to tell you that she's evil most definetely Evil ornery scandalous and evil most definetely"

6. Love Song:"Oh be my once in a lifetime Lying on your chest in my party dress I'm a fucking mess but I Oh thanks for the high life Baby it's the best passed the test and yes Now I'm here with you and I"

7. Cinnamon Girl:"There's things I wanna say to you but I'll just let you live Like if you hold me without hurting me You'll be the first who ever did"

8. How To Disappear: "But I love that man like nobody can He moves mountains and pounds them to ground again"

9. California:"You're scared to win scared to lose I've heard the war was over if you really choose The one in and around you You hate the heat you got the blues Changing like the weather oh that's so like you The Santa Ana moves you"

10. The Next Best American Record:"My baby used to dance underneath my architecture He was '70s in spirit '90s in his frame of mind"
(I DID AN ART INSPIRED BY THESE LYRICS: https://www.instagra...p/B16rNdwgmva/)

11. The Greatest:"And I'm wasted Don't leave I just need a wake-up call I'm facing the greatest The greatest loss of them all The culture is lit and I had a ball I guess I'm signing off after all"

12. Bartender:"All the ladies of the canyon Wearing white for their tea parties Playing games of levitation Meditating in the garden"

13. Happiness Is A Butterfly:"Happiness is a butterfly We should catch it while dancing I lose myself in the music baby Every day is a lullaby Try to catch it like lightning I sing it into my music I'm crazy"

14. Hope: "There's a new revolution a loud evolution that I saw Born of confusion and quiet collusion of which mostly I've known A modern day woman with a weak constitution 'cause I've got Monsters still under my bed that I could never fight off A gatekeeper carelessly dropping the keys on my nights off"

p7rOzu0.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

NFR: Self-loathing poet, resident Laurel Canyon know-it-all, you talk to the walls when the party gets bored of you

MAC: Catch a wave and take in the sweetness, think about it, the darkness, the deepness, all the things that make me who I am

VB: Fear fun, fear love, fresh out of fucks, forever

FIILY: I used to shoot up my veins in neon, and shit's even brighter; you're gone

DT: So what am I gonna be doin' for a while? Said, "I'm gonna play with myself"

LS: and I...would like to think that you would stick around, you know that I just die to make you proud

CG: There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live, like if you hold me without hurting me, you'll be the first who ever did

HTD: And I watched the skies getting light, as I write, as I think about those years and I whisper in your ear, no one's going anywhere

California: You're scared to win, scared to lose, I heard the war is over if you really choose, the one in and around you

TNBAR: It's you, all the roads lead to you, everything I want and do, and everything that I say

Bartender: Photo-free exits from baby's bedside 'cause they don't yet know what car I drive, i'm just tryna keep my love alive, with my bartender

HIAB: If he's as bad as they say, then I guess I'm cursed, looking into his eyes I see he's already hurt, he's already hurt

HIADTFALMTH-BIHI: A modern day woman, with a weak constitution cause I've got, monsters still under my bed that I could never fight off

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

this is a cute topic idea  :creep:

1. "your poetry's bad and you blame the news, but i can't change that and i can't change your mood"

2. "and who i am is a big time believer that people can change but you don't have to leave her"

3. "you're in the yard, i light the fire and as the summer fades away, nothing gold can stay"

4. "dream a little dream of me, turn this into something sweet"

5. THE ENTIRE SONG i couldn't possibly narrow it down love song is so beautiful

6. "there's things i wanna talk about but better not to give"

7. "i watch the skies getting light as i write, as i think about those years, as i whisper in you ear * i'm always going to be right here, no one's going anywhere"

8. "you're scared to win, scared to lose * i've heard the war was over if you really choose, the one in and around you"

9. "you make me feel like there's something that i never knew i wanted"

10. "i want shit to feel just like it used to, when baby i was doing nothing the most of all"

11. "baby remember i'm not drinking wine but the (?) cherry coke you serve is fine and our love's sweet enough on the vine"

12. "happiness is a butterfly, try to catch it like every night * it escapes from my hands into moonlight"

13. "a modern day woman with a weak constitution cause i've got monsters still under my bed that i could never fight off * a gatekeeper carelessly dropping the keys on my nights off" literally gives me shivers i adore a relatable song  :(

my fav lyrics:

NFR: you make me blue, oooh.

MAC: even in the dark, i feel your resistance. you can see my heart burning in the distance. baby, babe. baby, I'm your man. yeah.

VB: back in the garden, we're getting high now. because we're older.

FIILY: if i wasn't so fucked up, i think I'd fuck you all the time.

DT: evil, I've come to tell you that she's evil. most definitely. evil, ornery, scandalous and evil, most definitely.

LS: i believe that you see me for who i am.

CG: if you hold without hurting me, you'll be the first who ever did.

HTD: i've gotta kid and two cats in the yard

California: I'll pick up all of your vogues and all of your rolling stones; your favourite liquor off the top shelf.

TNBAR: he was seventies in spirit, nineties in his frame of mind.

TG: the culture is lit, and if this is it, I've had a ball. i guess that im burnt out after all.

Bartender: and i love the little games that we play, from the valley to the beach. and when at last, the day is done, i grab my keys.

HIAB: Don't be a jerk. don't call me a taxi. sittin in your sweatshirt, cryin in the backseat. oooh, i just wanna dance with you.

hope: hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but i have it, yeah i have it, yeah i have it, i have...

giphy.gif

Why wait for the best when I could have you?

So kiss the sky and whisper to Jesus,

My, my, my, you found this, you need this

If you weren't mine I'd be jealous of your love

If you hold me without hurting me, you'll be the first who ever did

NFR: 'cause you're just a man / it's just what you do / your head in your hands as you color me blue

MAC: Catch a wave and take in the sweetness / think about it, the darkness, the deepness / all the things that make me who i am

Venice Bitch: Me myself I like diamonds / my baby crimson and clover

FILY: It turns out everywhere you go you take yourself, that's not a lie

Love Song: Oh, be my once in a lifetime / lying on your chest in my party dress / I'm a fucking mess 

Cinnamon Girl: Kerosene in my hands / you make me mad, on fire again (ITH vibes)

HTD: I'm always going to be right here / no one's going anywhere

California: You're scared to win, scared to lose / I've heard the war was over if you really choose / the one in and around you / You hate the heat, you got the blues / changing like the weather, that's so you / the Santa Ana moves you

TNBAR: It's you, all the roads lead to you / everything i want and do, all the things that I say / it's true, all the roads lead to you

The Greatest: "Nobody warns you before the fall" // I want shit to feel like it used to / when baby i was doing nothing the most of all 

Bartender: Baby remember I'm not drinking wine / but that Cherry Coke you serve is fine

HIAB: If he's as bad as they say, then I guess i'm cursed / Looking into his eyes, I think he's already hurt / he's already hurt

Hope: Don't ask if I'm happy, you know that i'm not / but at best i can say i'm not sad

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too