Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Pre-Release Thread

which poems are u most curious to hear based on title? i can't wait to hear tessa dipietro (a poem about a psychic? yes plz) and my bedroom is a sacred place now... (title is v evocative).

edit: also quiet waiter blue forever bc it's one of my fav poems she's posted.

aOaIzH2.gif

which poems are u most curious to hear based on title? i can't wait to hear tessa dipietro (a poem about a psychic? yes plz) and my bedroom is a sacred place now... (title is v evocative).

i wanna hear la who am i to love u in full, my bedroom is a sacred place and salamander :)

If the Tape Deck link still works next week when I get paid, I might just order it for sh*ts and giggles.

Yo, when are we getting the Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant re-release?  :cuteface:

do you think it'll release according to timezones? we may possibly hear this project tomorrow im so excited 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

According to this reddit thread on another audiobook release on Audible, it seems as though midnight PST is the usual release time, regardless of region: https://www.reddit.com/r/audible/comments/9eu7wp/what_time_do_preordered_new_releases_become/

Yo, when are we getting the Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant re-release?  :cuteface:

My fave poem she posted was The Land of 1,000 Fires so I think that’s the one I’m most excited to hear. Also Barefeet on Linoleum because I really liked that poem too.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

https://twitter.com/LDRaddic/status/1287113053763510272/photo/1

Dont know if this had been discussed, but this Twitter account is claiming the VBOG track lengths have leaked

Whoever leaked the title Sportcruiser before the tracklist was released did say it was almost 7 minutes so maybe.

that track list is probably true bc BOZ said that sports cruiser was lime 7 minutes long

Didn't see this before I posted the same thing (obviously)

I wonder if it'll be released on streaming tomorrow, or only when the CD is released? I guess we'll know in like 24 hours. I've pre-ordered the album on Google Books so I wonder if it'll also drop at the midnight PST or at midnight Aus. time. 

A MOMENT OF SILENCE 

To acknowledge this project is finally being RELEASED. Here were some of the classic lies from waiting for this:

• Will release the book before Norman Fucking Rockwell in 2019. (source)
  • Going to drop off a little self-bound few copies to some select retailers. (source)
  • It will be released 4 January, 2020 (source)
  • It will be released "about a month" after 4 January. (source)
  • It will cost $1 'because my thoughts are priceless' (source)
  • Half of the profits were to go towards Native American Organisations* (source 1) (source 2
    • She is just donating her entire author advance, not the profits? Will update accordingly if she clarifies.

WHAT AN ERA. I was skeptical it was ever going to happen but we've released the finish line. Thank you and goodbye so we can focus on music again.  :derpna:

3lfQEhw.png

I wonder if it'll be released on streaming tomorrow, or only when the CD is released? I guess we'll know in like 24 hours. I've pre-ordered the album on Google Books so I wonder if it'll also drop at the midnight PST or at midnight Aus. time. 

A MOMENT OF SILENCE 

To acknowledge this project is finally being RELEASED. Here were some of the classic lies from waiting for this:

• Will release the book before Norman Fucking Rockwell in 2019
  • Going to drop off a little self-bound few copies to some select retailers.
  • It will be released 4 January, 2020
  • It will be released "about a month" after 4 January.
  • It will cost $1 'because my thoughts are priceless'
  • Half of the profits were to go towards Native American Organisations* (I have seen lately that she is just donating her entire advance? So not the actual profits?)

WHAT AN ERA. Thank you and goodbye so we can focus on music again.  :derpna:

Did she really say January 4th and then just do nothing?

Yee, I went back and popped in the source of some of these claims too. I just can't remember where I read the donation being the advance/author fee and not the profits of the hundred variants of this album.

3lfQEhw.png

Yee, I went back and popped in the source of some of these claims too. I just can't remember where I read the donation being the advance/author fee and not the profits of the hundred variants of this album.

info re: the advance is from her most recent video where she announced violet's official release date (the one filmed in a parking lot)

aOaIzH2.gif

So the date just passed and she didn't say anything? :coffee:

tbf the advance is probably more than the full profit this is gonna make her and i'm sure there's gonna be enough people who are gonna get a cut from the profits anyway (and i'm sure lana doesn't want to exploit people)

and tbf some of the other stuff on the list were terrible ideas to begin with (and rightfully criticised by her fans on here and elsewhere)

i76mrxw.png 

A MOMENT OF SILENCE 

• Will release the book before Norman Fucking Rockwell in 2019. (source)
  • Going to drop off a little self-bound few copies to some select retailers. (source)
  • It will be released 4 January, 2020 (source)
  • It will be released "about a month" after 4 January. (source)
  • It will cost $1 'because my thoughts are priceless' (source)
  • Half of the profits were to go towards Native American Organisations* (source 1) (source 2
    • She is just donating her entire author advance, not the profits? Will update accordingly if she clarifies.

WHAT AN ERA. I was skeptical it was ever going to happen but we've released the finish line. Thank you and goodbye so we can focus on music again.  :derpna:

lemme just give my 2 cents on this cuz reading this is giving me a stroke

1) does anyone really believe an actual publisher would sell the book for $1 when the production cost of a hardcover book are extremly expensive? we all knew this was out of the picture once it moved from her garage hand-binding workshop to a real publisher

2) "she ist just donating her advance" like, our girl can count herself lucky if she manages to make more profit than her advance with this book

image.png

So the date just passed and she didn't say anything?  :coffee:

She did make a statement on the night of the 3rd stating she would have to push it back due to the robbery she faced over the holidays, though the wait did end up being more than a month as she first predicted - 

49325860663_a400b18ddb_o.jpg

49280633142_d7211ceb66_o.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

lemme just give my 2 cents on this cuz reading this is giving me a stroke

1) does anyone really believe an actual publisher would sell the book for $1 when the production cost of a hardcover book are extremly expensive? we all knew this was out of the picture once the rights were sold to a real publisher and not lana's handbinding workshop

2) "she ist just donating her advance" like, our girl can be lucky if she manages to make more profit than her advance with this book

agree that her advance was prob pretty big (bc it's poetry it makes it harder to guess but i'd say def $1 million-ish, possibly more)

aOaIzH2.gif