Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Pre-Release Thread

interesting to read that snippet. i really hope it ends up on apple music but know it won’t. i’d rather stream it tho if she gave the option

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I have preordered a grand total of zero (0) things for this album and I'm mad at myself

Update I have ordered the dark green vinyl and the hardcover and I'm still mad at myself but for other reasons

I got the blue vinyl from UO because i think it’s beautiful. But I got the black one to actually play. Might do a third order if there’s a green i didn’t see. I missed the cream colored one, I would’ve ordered it but didn’t see it until after I placed my order for the black one but i’m glad i got a black one just so i could play it at least

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

LA I sold my life rights for a big check

and i'm upset and now i can't sleep at night

and i don't know why

plus i love sax/sex(?) so why did I do that

when I know it won't last

LA I picked San Francisco because

the man who doesn't love me lives there

LA I'm pathetic but so are you

can I come home now?

daughter to no one, table for one

party of thousands of people I don't know

at delilah where my ex husband works

i'm sick of this but can I come home now?

mother to no one, private jets

Speak of the devil, we were talking about you the other day

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

Completely forgot that it will be out in 2 days :facepalm:

I'm so excited for COCC right now haha but yeah still looking forward to the spoken word album!!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

interesting to read that snippet. i really hope it ends up on apple music but know it won’t. i’d rather stream it tho if she gave the option

It'll be on Spotify right? So why wouldn't it end up on Apple Music?

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

It'll be on Spotify right? So why wouldn't it end up on Apple Music?

I’m not sure it will be on Spotify since it’s an audiobook, though some of you said there were audiobooks on that platform, but on podcasts?!? As for Apple, it should be on iBook. Otherwise, it will be on audible, or Kobo or some other platform proposed by her website.

I’m not sure it will be on Spotify since it’s an audiobook, though some of you said there were audiobooks on that platform, but on podcasts?!? As for Apple, it should be on iBook. Otherwise, it will be on audible, or Kobo or some other platform proposed by her website.

There is an audiobook section on Spotify and it is like podcasts, but then someone on here linked an audiobook on Spotify that was in album form and they said there were a bunch like that so now idk which format it’ll be on Spotify but I’m pretty confident at the moment that it will at least be there. Hopefully as an album to make it easier for everyone to find, but I’m sure we’ll find it either way.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

In the Chemtrails thread, someone mentioned the “Norman’s little sister” thing (sorry I can’t remember who!) and now I’ve been pondering that phrase again and I’m starting to think Violet is Norman’s little sister. I know that sounds weird but both albums have human names and are referred to by those names often. Idk maybe I’m overthinking that but I never thought of it before today so it felt like an epiphany when that came to me lol.

In the Chemtrails thread, someone mentioned the “Norman’s little sister” thing (sorry I can’t remember who!) and now I’ve been pondering that phrase again and I’m starting to think Violet is Norman’s little sister. I know that sounds weird but both albums have human names and are referred to by those names often. Idk maybe I’m overthinking that but I never thought of it before today so it felt like an epiphany when that came to me lol.

I mentioned the little sister thing because that’s how she presented Chemtrails (we didn’t know back then it was its name) at the end of the year, when Norman was receiving all the acclaim for the end of the year reviews. We have yet to hear Violet in full, but I agree that Violet is maybe Norman’s mirror? She seems to have written a lot of Violet while recording Norman, and some themes will probably be very close on both album. Chemtrails might still be Norman’s little sister, and Behind the iron gates could be Violet’s little sister. If so, imagine how exciting both the second book and COCC will be... She seems to have gone a bit darker on the second book (and I hope the new album as well).

I mentioned the little sister thing because that’s how she presented Chemtrails (we didn’t know back then it was its name) at the end of the year, when Norman was receiving all the acclaim for the end of the year reviews. We have yet to hear Violet in full, but I agree that Violet is maybe Norman’s mirror? She seems to have written a lot of Violet while recording Norman, and some themes will probably be very close on both album. Chemtrails might still be Norman’s little sister, and Behind the iron gates could be Violet’s little sister. If so, imagine how exciting both the second book and COCC will be... She seems to have gone a bit darker on the second book (and I hope the new album as well).

I mean tbh the way I originally interpreted it was just that all her albums are her babies and that the one after Norman would be the little sister. The Violet thing I only thought of today because they’re both human names and it’s her next collection out into the world, so it just seemed neat to group them like that. I don’t necessarily think she meant anything tbh, I just liked how clever it seemed even if by accident.