Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Lana at the 62nd Annual Grammy Awards at the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, CA - January 26th, 2020

Without Lana there would be no Billie, Halsey and any other of those female singers today. Lana is a trailblazer. Billie was at most an Soundcloud influencer who was already famous before even releasing a song. She should be kissing every step Lana makes especially since her people obviously bought all those awards tonight, including Lana's. 

*pops a blood pressure pill* 

giphy.gif

i mean this is exactly what i mean. i don't think she should be required to kiss the ground lana walks on at every possible opportunity. i don't even like her but how the hell is she supposed to be able to develop her own identity and art if she's constantly expected to be actively deferential 24/7

(also i disagree that she and halsey etc. wouldnt exist without lana and i think that argument is actually more insulting to lana than anyone else)

it's just the way i feel

i mean this is exactly what i mean. i don't think she should be required to kiss the ground lana walks on at every possible opportunity. i don't even like her but how the hell is she supposed to be able to develop her own identity and art if she's constantly expected to be actively deferential 24/7

(also i disagree that she and halsey etc. wouldnt exist without lana and i think that argument is actually more insulting to lana than anyone else)

giphy.gif

omg here it is... fingers crossed everyone x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Rip lost to Billie again :(

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Without Lana there would be no Billie, Halsey and any other of those female singers today. Lana is a trailblazer. Billie was at most an Soundcloud influencer who was already famous before even releasing a song. She should be kissing every step Lana makes especially since her people obviously bought all those awards tonight, including Lana's. 

*pops a blood pressure pill* 

That´s right !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lana_Del_Rey

Billboard credits Born to Die for being one of the main catalysts for pop's mid-2010s shift from brash EDM to a moodier, hip-hop-inflected palette; 
they also argue that popular music in the 2010s wouldn't be the same without Del Rey.

Billboard also asserts that Del Rey has influenced not just her peers, but the next generation of alternative-leaning pop stars such as Lorde, Halsey, 
Billie Eilish, Banks, Sky Ferreira, Father John Misty, Sia, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift. 

Similarly, Vice suggests that "it's hard to imagine an Eilish, a Lorde, or a Halsey" without Del Rey.

-