Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Lana at the 62nd Annual Grammy Awards at the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, CA - January 26th, 2020

I don’t know why you all think Billie should be thanking Lana on stage? For what?

she doesn't have to thank her for anything, but her jumping on the nfr bandwagon and claiming it was her favorite album and then saying it was thank u, next because of some grammys political agenda is irritating 

she doesn't have to thank her for anything, but her jumping on the nfr bandwagon and claiming it was her favorite album and then saying it was thank u, next because of some grammys political agenda is irritating 

Political?

locals only

Billie has been a vocal Ari stan since she came on the scene, she actually worships her. Its no surprise she name dropped her at all.

Lana (her team) should've submitted NFR for best alternative instead of best pop vocal

her team pulling beyonce genre-bending just for her to get a grammy... people would discredit her win so hard if she switches after 6 album

i76mrxw.png 

I don’t know why you all think Billie should be thanking Lana on stage? For what? She has absolutely nothing to do with her life or album.....

She said she was going to thank her influences

As much as I agree with you, this is my response to the bolded part:

She won Album, Record, Song, Best New Artist, Best Engineering and her brother won Best Producer... saying this, you've got to believe this is the best album released in history. Literally no one has seen this extreme achievement in a very long time, I daresay never... given the fact she is younger than most of us. That's why people (not only Lana fans...) are mad. Her album and her era honestly didn't deserve this much success in one single night. She's got style, she's got sound and was able to create a recognisable piece of work, but it wasn't all that.

I just want to say first that I really agree with the sentiment here; yes, Lana is deserving of every bit of recognition she can get, even though I don't think that NFR is her strongest effort thus far (nor her most deserving, that's for sure). It was certainly an overall stronger album than most of the other nominees in that category, which very much included Billie. However you totally missed my point.

What I was actually saying is that's it pretty silly to value award shows this much. Because at the end of the day award shows are just a way for the industry to pat themselves on the back, and that's it. To put so much value on some silly trophy and to pretend that it's the upmost form of validation for any artist is pretty sad in my opinion. At the end of the day it's just a shady committee/circlejerk type of thing.

I understand that recognition from your so called peers probably feels amazing, but how many amazing and legendary artists have never even received one of these? Does it make them any less interesting or talented? I don't think so.

Lana knows this, she doesn't need Grammys to power through and make amazing music. If you're all about the art, award shows don't matter to you. If the Grammys were that fair, Lana would've won one for Best New Artist in 2012, Album of the year, Pop vocal album, Best Alternative album in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2018. But here we are.

Personally, when I look at this:

Pa1xXC2.jpg

wYglcSm.jpg

lY0cF35.jpg

Words that immediately come to mind are: ridiculous, over the top, exaggerated, etc.

I'm not disregarding their contribution to music, or questioning their win. But when I look at this I very much picture some savvy record execs that after a very prolific year from these artists, they are like: here's your little trophy, thanks for your "contribution".

Anyway.

Edit: Noticed how these awards aren't called "Best Song of the Year" or "Best Album of the Year" but simply "Album of the Year" and "Song of the Year? I rest my case.

no it was 2014

damn that's right... I just remember that she didn't even attend the Grammys that year and that was around the time of the release of Malificent... :rip:

I just want to say first that I really agree with the sentiment here; yes, Lana is deserving of every bit of recognition she can get, even though I don't think that NFR is her strongest effort thus far (nor her most deserving, that's for sure). It was certainly an overall stronger album than most of the other nominees in that category, which very much included Billie. However you totally missed my point.

What I was actually saying is that's it pretty silly to value award shows this much. Because at the end of the day award shows are just a way for the industry to pat themselves on the back, and that's it. To put so much value on some silly trophy and to pretend that it's the upmost form of validation for any artist is pretty sad in my opinion. At the end of the day it's just a shady committee/circlejerk type of thing.

I understand that recognition from your so called peers probably feels amazing, but how many amazing and legendary artists have never even received one of these? Does it make them any less interesting or talented? I don't think so.

Lana knows this, she doesn't need Grammys to power through and make amazing music. If you're all about the art, award shows don't matter to you. If the Grammys were that fair, Lana would've won one for Best New Artist in 2012, Album of the year, Pop vocal album, Best Alternative album in 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2018. But here we are.

Pa1xXC2.jpg

wYglcSm.jpg

lY0cF35.jpg

Words that immediately come to mind are: ridiculous, over the top, exaggerated, etc.

I'm not disregarding their contribution to music, or questioning their win. But when I look at this I very much picture some savvy record execs that after a very prolific year from these artists, they are like: here's your little trophy, thanks for your "contribution".

Anyway.

Edit: Noticed how these awards aren't called "Best Song of the Year" or "Best Album of the Year" but simply "Album of the Year" and "Song of the Year? I rest my case.

I Totally Agree with your point of view 101 % !!   :gclap:

It is not about the "awards" but its more about the music and artistry that is deserving the FANS respect and devotion !

Just you guys keep this in mind... (YOU WILL BE ASKED This same question again in the year 2026 !)

.... with SO MANY Awards given to Billie Eilish and her brother Finieas recently , HOW Will They measure up

in songwriting and new songs in the future ?

Can she continue to sing as good in a couple of years from now?

Will she continue to produce Number 1 Hits ?

Will she grow up into a responsible adult or become totally fame-drugged ?

Will she commit suicide or become too drunk , just because FAME as made her life too intense !?

-

So LDR bought her dress and shoes on sale the dress came from Dillard’s

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I just watched them since they were on TV, I didnt know of HER before but she seemed really good in her performance. Also found it funny near the end when Camila Cabello and other people performed a song "I Sing The Body Electric", Lana must have been sitting there raging thinking they were just rubbing it in now :hawt:

Lana knows this, she doesn't need Grammys to power through and make amazing music. If you're all about the art, award shows don't matter to you. If the Grammys were that fair, Lana would've won one for Best New Artist in 2012, Album of the year, Pop vocal album, Best Alternative album in 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2018. But here we are.

Pa1xXC2.jpg

wYglcSm.jpg

lY0cF35.jpg

Anyway.

I couldn't have expressed it better myself  :gclap:

Added 17 more photos to the OP:

Professional Photos:

49452654553_6be7737ae2_o.jpg49452588358_ff790c1576_b.jpg49453068701_1a090a5bc3_b.jpg49453134476_8716ed4775_o.jpg49453134486_d29eff282e_o.jpg49453304177_0c9596b234_b.jpg49452654528_79ecedcc9b_o.jpg49452588448_7242ef0151_b.jpg49453304152_97fefc3f93_b.jpg49453304532_df470223d3_b.jpg49452588493_dc045ee227_b.jpg49452654533_f0dc99d5e1_o.jpg49452654518_fc18ddc398_o.jpg49452588393_5de38f8310_b.jpg

Personal Photos:

49453068951_488a1dccf4_o.jpg49452588768_2d6cba0362_o.jpg49453068901_6cf8566ab6_o.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS