Kurac na Biciklu

Coronavirus: COVID-19

I think that some people are overreacting. I live on the countryside of Germany and there were I live you can't buy no toilet paper, noodles or

disinfectants anymore because the people over here bought so much of it to prepare for the case that they have to stay at home for a amount of time because of the Corona Virus. It's so crazy that stuff isn't avaible anymore because of the Corona Virus. There is even no known case of Corona Virus at the area where I live. Currently I have a cold (I went to a doctor and he confirmed that is not the corona virus) and I'm scared to cough or sneeze in public because people will look at me like I'm turning into zombie or something like that...

Toilettenpapier scheint die Impfung gegen Corona zu sein. Bin bei Frankfurt und es ist dasselbe hier.

I am the least impacted out of my family but I swear I feel far more anxious than them and anyone else I know in person. 

I am working from home as of next week, which is good so I don't have to be on public transport 3 x a day. But my University hasn't even shut for staff yet. I feel weird for doing this earlier than everyone else. Most of my colleagues are still working normally on campus. I guess it's my family's situations that are making me more cautious, because they are all in a situation that is heavily affected by the virus, with vulnerable clients.

I am worried that working at home for weeks, and possibly months in a row, will change me so much that when I get back to work I will feel like I don't belong anymore. But honestly I should just shut up because I'm not financially impacted at all and many people are actually losing their jobs or are completely unemployed. 

Yeah I took two weeks leave and have a week to go, and after that I'm expecting we will work from home. Like you, I'm not financially impacted at all and consider myself very lucky. There are a lot of worried people out there.

I'd actually feel better if the government here would shut everything down completely. I read a good article today about it, and it made sense to me. Basically, it said that we should do what Tasmania is doing, but for the whole of Australia. We have the advantage of being able to do that effectively, because we are an island with no land borders.

Close everything for maybe four weeks. Get the infection rate down to near zero (as they've done in China).

Keep the borders closed to foreigners, screen all citizens who are coming in (which should only be a trickle, in a few weeks), and gradually reopen the country domestically. International flights in and out won't be able to resume for a long time, but we can all function within the country relatively normally once the infections we currently have have cleared. So domestic tourism, domestic business, etc, can all resume.

Keep everything as it is and just "flatten the curve" and shit's gonna take a very, very long time.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I think that some people are overreacting. I live on the countryside of Germany and  there were I live you can't buy no toilet paper, noodles or

disinfectants anymore  because the people over here bought so much of it to prepare for the case that they have to stay at home for a amount of time because of the Corona Virus. It's so crazy that stuff isn't avaible anymore because of the Corona Virus. There is even no known  case of Corona Virus at the area where I live. Currently I have a cold (I went to  a doctor and he confirmed that is not the corona virus) and I'm scared to cough or sneeze in public because people will look at me like I'm turning into zombie or something like that...

I think the problem is that people either react totally unbothered, careless and irresponsible OR they over-panic and make the situation worse by hoarding stuff.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Apparently some crackheads came up with the idea that Lupus medication might help against COVID-19, and now my mum (who has Lupus and actually needs that stuff) has the hardest time getting any. Apparently it's practically sold out in Austria and Germany. I fucking hate people.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

so, the UK has closed schools, bars, restaurants, cinemas, nightclubs and gyms. this is a good move.

but what haven't they closed and have no intentions of closing? hotels  :flop:

i'm a hotel receptionist and i'm telling you, our hotel is an absolute breeding ground, and i'm sure almost all others are too. we're not appropriately prepared or equipped to keep the hotel open while this virus spreads, yet we have to. plus my boss isn't taking this virus seriously AT ALL. it's not even policy for us to wear gloves while serving customers or anything. we have no antibacterial wipes to wipe down door handles, computer mouse and keyboard, touchpads, the phone, etc. our housekeepers still aren't wearing gloves and they're cleaning dirty, lived-in rooms every day. this is so dangerous. i'm still expected to shake guests' hands, carry their luggage up the stairs... this isn't right and i'm worried, we HAVE to close. many of our guests have of course travelled from different countries, and many of them are older and therefore at risk - our hotel chain employs 12,000 people across the country, our health is important, but even if we are symptomless we could be carriers and passing the virus to all the thousands of people that check into our hotels every day.

one of our receptionists is a pregnant woman - she was made to SIGN A WAIVER saying she's fine with the company making her continue to work, and that she is doing so fully at her own risk. another of our receptionists is living with a woman who's under quarantine bc she worked in a care home with someone who was confirmed to have the virus. he should not be coming into work is he's living with someone who's in quarantine!!!

but NO!! our company has no intentions to close, and the government seems to have no intentions to close down hotels in the UK. this is INSANE. hotels NEED to close.

edit: would also like to add that due to my contract I'm not entitled to sick pay unless the company is forced to close the hotels.... so,  i can't just not go, otherwise i'll be completely fucked, potentially even fired.

Edited by daphnedinkley

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I also think it‘s insane to leave most hotels open in Germany. I am a receptionist too. We only may accommodate people who come to us as business travelers, no tourists anymore. Our hotel bar closes at 6pm. We usually allow people who don‘t have a room to use the bar too but not now anymore. Anyway, I am sure that business travelers are even more responsible for spreading the virus than tourists. Supermarkets, drug stores, pharmacies, doctor offices and public transport are still open too. I hope they will close hotels soon in my area.

Not to cause any panic, but at this point...

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-whats-coming-is-extremely-big-uk-consultant-says-outbreak-could-be-worse-than-in-italy-11960994

Coronavirus: 'What's coming is extremely big' - UK consultant says outbreak could be worse than in Italy

An A&E consultant tells Sky News it is "possibly days" until some British hospitals reach capacity and are "completely swamped".

The Italian system is "in advance of us in terms of resources and the intensive care beds", he said, and it could be days until some hospitals reach capacity and patients begin spilling out into corridors.
The medic, who works on the front line at a south London hospital and wanted to stay anonymous, said COVID-19 had been "described as the flu" but "really isn't - not the way we are seeing it".
He said people were coming in with "full-blown, really nasty pneumonia".
The only way to get control of the outbreak is through a "fairly strict lockdown", he said, warning that "somebody you know" is likely to be affected.
"We know what's coming, and we know what's coming is extremely big," he said.
He and his colleagues will have to make life and death decisions, allocating resources "only to those deemed most likely to survive".
"We are losing (hospital staff) who are otherwise well," he said.
The consultant has seen Sky News' report from the main hospital in Bergamo, northern Italy, where we found people in terrible distress, gasping for air.
Asked whether he is worried that his hospital could look like that, he said: "Yes, I do - I actually think it could be worse than that."
He added: "I'm aware of the Italian system, and I think in quite a few ways they are in advance of us in terms of resources and the intensive care beds they had available prior to this occurring.
"So I think we may actually end up in a worse state than they presently are unless we take sufficient measures right now."
Asked if he had enough resources, he said: "In terms of what we're anticipating, the honest truth is no.
"The NHS isn't currently set up to ventilate a huge number of people."
Nor are there "sufficient numbers of staff trained in actually managing patients on ventilatory support".
That is "not something you can just teach in an afternoon seminar", he said.
There is not enough protective equipment (PPE) either.
After watching the report from Italy, he said: "I look at the pictures and I can see their staff are in full PPE material - that is not occurring right now in the UK.
"I see that they have got quite a lot of additional ventilators and other machinery which they are able to bring down into their emergency departments.
"We have got sufficient for our intensive care and recovery areas at present."
The worst case scenario, he said, is when intensive care overflow areas become full too, and patients begin spilling out into corridors. "That's what you are seeing in Italy," he said.
At that stage, only the patients thought most likely to survive will be allocated the full resources.
Others, with additional medical problems, will not receive them."I think you will then see a really steep rise in mortality," he said.
He added that people "don't stop having heart attacks, people don't stop having strokes, but the resources will not be there for them".
It is "actually quite horrifying to think that we could be completely swamped", he said.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I keep thinking that the US has not done enough (even as I live in a state that's in "lockdown"), but the news from the UK has been baffling. Way to many people are going to suffer for such ignorance. I'm hoping for best case scenarios, but the less that is done, the more it seems like we're going to have to learn the hard way. 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

so, the UK has closed schools, bars, restaurants, cinemas, nightclubs and gyms. this is a good move.

but what haven't they closed and have no intentions of closing? hotels  :flop:

i'm a hotel receptionist and i'm telling you, our hotel is an absolute breeding ground, and i'm sure almost all others are too. we're not appropriately prepared or equipped to keep the hotel open while this virus spreads, yet we have to. plus my boss isn't taking this virus seriously AT ALL. it's not even policy for us to wear gloves while serving customers or anything. we have no antibacterial wipes to wipe down door handles, computer mouse and keyboard, touchpads, the phone, etc. our housekeepers still aren't wearing gloves and they're cleaning dirty, lived-in rooms every day. this is so dangerous. i'm still expected to shake guests' hands, carry their luggage up the stairs... this isn't right and i'm worried, we HAVE to close. many of our guests have of course travelled from different countries, and many of them are older and therefore at risk - our hotel chain employs 12,000 people across the country, our health is important, but even if we are symptomless we could be carriers and passing the virus to all the thousands of people that check into our hotels every day.

one of our receptionists is a pregnant woman - she was made to SIGN A WAIVER saying she's fine with the company making her continue to work, and that she is doing so fully at her own risk. another of our receptionists is living with a woman who's under quarantine bc she worked in a care home with someone who was confirmed to have the virus. he should not be coming into work is he's living with someone who's in quarantine!!!

but NO!! our company has no intentions to close, and the government seems to have no intentions to close down hotels in the UK. this is INSANE. hotels NEED to close.

edit: would also like to add that due to my contract I'm not entitled to sick pay unless the company is forced to close the hotels.... so,  i can't just not go, otherwise i'll be completely fucked, potentially even fired.

what hotel company yall are?

the pregnant lady HAS to stay home!!!! sh's gambling her child's health 

if i were you I would refuse to work unless i am given gloves and mask, along with limited contact with the guests

or take the matter on your own and least your own Lysol spray/Clorox wipes in the meanwhile 

I'm a Bellman at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort - timeshare in Orlando. We are the anchor of the company and corporate has their eyes on us like hawks since their office is 5 miles away next to Sea World. We have a hotel portion on the property which already closed yesterday.  By Wednesday they limited the number of employees that can work and today is the last day any Guest Services employee can work, only managers are to be on sight apart from housekeeping employees. We have 7 buildings spanning 1,100 rooms and last I checked we are at 9% occupancy (the lowest ive seen is 70%). and before it was declared a pandemic they were giving us Clorox wipes and the choice of wearing gloves. 

Now they have forced us to use PTO and people are mad which is another whole topic. I could care less since I was supposed to quit by May but now my entire life decisions are in the air 

for Daphnedinkley and Yellow

I used to work as a Hotel Receptionist too, for many years, I KNOW what its like.

I quit about 3 years ago. Too much of my life was already wasted behind that desk job.

Yes, I liked the job, I liked to talk to people from all over the planet, made alot of good friends and many of them

invited me to stay in their towns when I visit their countries one day.

If I was still working at a Hotel now and my boss didn´t care much for this virus pandemic , except for his/her $$$$€€€€£££££ cash profit,

I would tell him or her fuck off !    I quit !! 

Seriously I would.

Playing Russian Roulette with your life just to profit some biggot idiot bosses is NOT my type of game.

HOW MUCH IS YOUR LIFE WORTH ? 

100,00 euros for a single room? or Perhaps 250.00+ for double-bedroom ?

Hell no !   My life is worth much more than that.  I can always find another Hotel to work for or some other place better.

yeah like I stated above, If my place was not going to close I would not show up.. which I haven't the last few days since I'm sick with a sinus infection, ironically. You interact with so many unhygienic people daily where its not their norm to be clean especially as a bellman, where i have to handle all of that luggage that touches god knows what in those planes and floors across the world. 

1 --- DO NOT PANIC.   Once you panic , everything goes wrong. Take a deep breath and relax.

2 --  THINK FIRST about things, BEFORE you do something, or you act. -- Your first move should be a wise move, or a wise desision.

3 --- Follow Medical expert advise. Ignorance usually leads to a quick death. No one likes to die a stupid death. So learn about things 

and follow expert´s advise.

4 -- Think positive, never negative. Think about good things, and how life can be nice staying at home.

There are many things to do at home.

If you think negative, all you are going to feel is depression --- So Think about positive "good things".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you think this will not infect you, you are joking yourself, this virus kills anyone with any age.

So stay safe and stay alive.

-

idk if anybody mentioned it before but there was traffic stuck from the polish border almost all the way back to berlin at some point when they enforced border checks 

that is insane, even just a few kilometres take FOREVER once ur stuck on a highway border check up.

i76mrxw.png 

So.... this place https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/09/15/cia-fort-detrick-stephen-kinzer-228109 that was used for CIA mind-control research was shut down in summer 2019 and had projects halted ( https://wjla.com/news/local/cdc-shut-down-army-germ-lab-health-concerns ) for serious violations. Check out the urban legends section of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Building_470 . This was around the time that people started dying of pneumonia induced by vaping in the US over summer. Here's a bit from the CDC on the vaping-related deaths - they peaked in August 2019 https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/e-cigarettes/severe-lung-disease.html . Trump's govt took a weirdly hardline approach considering the money involved in vaping, banning all flavoured vapes, and it was enacted around the end of 2019 / beginning of 2020 https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/31/trump-abandons-sweeping-vape-ban-with-new-slimmed-down-rules-091864 . 

Here's a bit on the 2019-20 flu season for America: 

According to the US CDC, this flu season started earlier than any in the past 15 years. The US CDC announced on December 6 that the 2019-20 flu season officially started, based on surveillance data from Week 48 (ending November 30). The early start mirrors the start of the 2019 Southern Hemisphere flu season in Australia, which also arrived uncharacteristically early. In addition to an early start, the flu season in Australia resulted in record high incidence, with 310,011 cases of influenza, compared to its previous high of 249,882 cases in 2017. The flu season in the Southern Hemisphere in countries like Australia is often looked to as a predictor for what could be expected in the upcoming flu season in the Northern Hemisphere, which factors into decisions on vaccine content. The flu season in Australia signaled to public health officials in the US that a similarly severe flu season is possible in the Northern Hemisphere. While it is still early in the season, and only time will tell how the 2019-20 flu season will pan out, early trends indicate that this season is on track to be severe. The current hospitalization rate for seasonal influenza is 9.2 per 100,000 population compared to 8.6 per 100,000 during last year's flu season. 

Link: http://outbreakobservatory.org/outbreakthursday-1/1/9/2020/united-states-influenza-2019-2020-season

Anyway, the 2019 military games took place in Wuhan, late October, and Chinese officials are starting to suspect that this was the start of the outbreak, not bats in wetmarkets. 13/41 of the first recognised cases in Wuhan had no connection to the wetmarkets. 

Trump calling it the "Chinese virus" is also not just him being naturally racist - people spotted that the paper he was reading it from when he first called it that in a public address had "corona" crossed out and Chinese handwritten beside it. You can decide whether these things have any connection at all, but while the clear aggression being shown towards China specifically by US politicians could just be another cog in the anti-Chinese American machine, or it could be what certain online circles have (quietly) been talking about for a while, since around 2017 - a 2020 war on China.

*takes off tinfoil hat*

locals only

Yeah I took two weeks leave and have a week to go, and after that I'm expecting we will work from home. Like you, I'm not financially impacted at all and consider myself very lucky. There are a lot of worried people out there.

I'd actually feel better if the government here would shut everything down completely. I read a good article today about it, and it made sense to me. Basically, it said that we should do what Tasmania is doing, but for the whole of Australia. We have the advantage of being able to do that effectively, because we are an island with no land borders.

Close everything for maybe four weeks. Get the infection rate down to near zero (as they've done in China).

Keep the borders closed to foreigners, screen all citizens who are coming in (which should only be a trickle, in a few weeks), and gradually reopen the country domestically. International flights in and out won't be able to resume for a long time, but we can all function within the country relatively normally once the infections we currently have have cleared. So domestic tourism, domestic business, etc, can all resume.

Keep everything as it is and just "flatten the curve" and shit's gonna take a very, very long time.

Looks like we are indeed heading in that direction. QLD seems like the last state to take it seriously enough -_- but we will have to follow on. 

I just think Australia is filled with the dumbest people in the 25-50 age group. They seem to be all the panic-buyers and the ones ignoring social distancing n goin out because they are so damn privileged that they won't stop to think for 1 second about what part they are playing in the spread. The government has to get this under control with laws, not guidelines and suggestions. 

Looks like we are indeed heading in that direction. QLD seems like the last state to take it seriously enough -_- but we will have to follow on. 

I just think Australia is filled with the dumbest people in the 25-50 age group. They seem to be all the panic-buyers and the ones ignoring social distancing n goin out because they are so damn privileged that they won't stop to think for 1 second about what part they are playing in the spread. The government has to get this under control with laws, not guidelines and suggestions. 

Did you watch Scomo's press conference last night? He was pissed. The tone was basically, "because some fuckwits can't do what they're spose to do, we now have to close this, that, and the other thing. If people CONTINUE to be fuckwits, we will close more stuff."

(If he'd said it exactly like that I might have an ounce of respect for the guy :oic2:)

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream