Beautiful Loser

Born to Die - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite tracks from Born To Die?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Born To Die?

• Born to Die
    • Off to the Races
    • Blue Jeans
    • Video Games
    • Diet Mountain Dew
    • National Anthem
    • Dark Paradise
    • Radio
    • Carmen
    • Million Dollar Man
    • Summertime Sadness
    • This Is What Makes Us Girls
    • Without You
    • Lolita
    • Lucky Ones

Happy Birthday to Born to Die:wub: 

This album holds so much sentimental value for me and will probably always be my second favorite Lana album and second favorite of all time (only behind nfr of course). I’ve loved this album since it came out even though I was only 8 because my mom used to play it all the time:flutter:. So over the course of my life so far I’ve been able to attach it to so many amazing memories. The string opening of the title track is ingrained into my brain and makes me emotional every time I hear it even though I’ve heard it so many times. Video Games and Lucky Ones were some of the first songs I dedicated to my boyfriend of five years:spin:. I’ve listened to National Anthem every Fourth of July for 5 years. Blue Jeans will always be my favorite song to sing in the car (mimicking the snl country accent lana did :brows:). Off to the Races is forever my baddie/hype song. All of the songs off this album mean so much to me and even though I know a lot of people think it’s her worst because it’s the most pop and maybe less “interesting” to people, I genuinely think this album is a masterpiece. 

I will love this album until the end of time. :smokes:

Also I’m having an Old Hollywood themed party tonight and I didn’t even realize it was the same day as Born to Die’s birthday but it’s quite fitting isn’t it :blush2:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

ahh BTD. 

i didn't even realize it was your birthday when I played you this morning on my drive to lunch. such a special record for me, the strings, drums, all have become so familiar like friends over the years. 12 short years of listening to this masterpiece and I still remember the first time I heard it, thinking i was some hard emo kid in high school and hating it until a month later when i gave it another chance and instantly loved it and lana. happily waited to hear Paradise, BTD's little sister. fucking hell. throughout high school, my weird psychedelic years of drugs and drinking too much that i needed to sleep in my car and listened to you. what a ride 12 years have been but it's been there every year for me when i feel nostalgic for high school and that oddly empty upstairs bedroom that was taken away from me shortly after and i miss so much. 

happy birthday BTD! <3 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Unbelievable it was 12 years ago, I recall thinking…this is really a different sound nobody else is doing.  The album that changed my life ❤️ and who would have guessed she’d have another solid 9  albums afterwards. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

2 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

Born to Die singlehandedly changed my life - and that’s not an exaggeration, I really mean that. It’s unfathomable that one album could be a gateway to so many beautiful things in life…🌹

It really is rose, it was like a door opening 🌹 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Final Tracklist | December 2011 Tracklist

1. Born to Die | Video Games

2. Off to the Races | Blue Jeans

3. Blue Jeans | Born to Die

4. Video Games | Diet Mountain Dew

5. Diet Mountain Dew | Million Dollar Man

6. National Anthem | Radio

7. Dark Paradise | Summertime Sadness

8. Radio | Carmen

9. Carmen | Off to the Races