Your Girl Lana

Summertime Sadness

We all know that Summertime Sadness remained a shit stain on the fandom and drove a nail between two types of Lana fans. But I feel as though it’s almost been a decade since the alt pop queen really made her mark with summertime sadness, we should probably just admit by now it is one of if not the best song she has ever released. It seriously represents everything Lana Del Rey encompasses as an artist and will always remain her epitome of pop song mending.

The album version of SS is a signature song to be sure, but you have to measure an artists' creative magnitude by how many signature songs they ultimately have, not just in the fact that they have a couple. IMO, LDR has quite a few signature songs, on either temporal side of the BTD release (and within BTD itself).

Let me add to the shit stain idea (if I understand it). It should refer not only to the popularity of the remix (in sales) over everything else in LDR's discog, but also the fact, that of all of her work, the derivative remix is the only work that actually won a grammy (which means she didn't actually get a grammy). Hopefully, this will be rectified at the next grammys.

You know those tons of songs you really love, that you just can't listen to anymore after a long period of time because you just grew out of it? Summertime Sadness is not one of those for me! Even after all these years with changing preferences, SS is still something that my mind doesn't get sick of.  :hooker:  It's one of her staples for sure.

it's a great song but I wouldn't say its her best with Cruel World, West Coast, Terrence Loves You, Video Games, Venice Bitch, The Greatest in her discography

true, she does have better songs than SS, but i think the impact that SS made (remix or not) shouldnt b ignored. yes the remix is a quite an atrocity, and i can stand a minute of it at best before changing to the original, but i think its lana's lyrics that withstand the test of time. the "s-s-s-summertime" and "pale moonlight" are parts that ppl know are from that song, at least in my experience

for me, the "pale moonlight" part makes me think of the chicken in the red dress

I love Summertime Sadness. I didn’t even know about the remix til a few years ago because I’m a hermit so it didn’t ruin the song for me. Tbh I think it has one of the most dynamic instrumentals on Born to Die and it’s a fun/sad song with poetic lyrics and a nice bridge. Nothing to hate here. I do think fans are too hard on this song because it’s so popular. The music video is really cute too and fills me with so much nostalgia when I watch it.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688