Elle

Lana at her book signing at Barnes & Noble at The Grove in Los Angeles, CA - October 2nd, 2020

4 minutes ago, Socrates said:

It just seems like the whole thing was performance art. Lana was being specific enough in her intentions: to want to stand behind a ropped-off area, keeping her fans at a safe distance, while she was wearing a non-approved mask. Safety was obviously a concern. I guarantee you that no one picked up the covid from her. We're living in react-culture now. This is like a 'press the button and react' scenario. And then she was asked to leave eventually (a reaction), right? That's per what I read on Reddit: the place where I can't post because people wanted to react. Now everybody gets to react to this in multiple ways. Then the reactions multiply - they double and triple - and here we all are - pissed off and dissatisfied - about something, whatever it is this time. It could be about somebody's feet, it could be about a mask with holes in it. 

death-of-socrates.jpg

Public safety shouldn’t really be performance art imo...not during a pandemic anyways. Maybe in a few years when the wounds have healed we can start being artsy with pandemic-era precautions. 

6 minutes ago, Socrates said:

It could be about somebody's feet,

:sideeye:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

38 minutes ago, TheCultureIsLit said:

Don't really want to get into the whole mask debate (although I do think it was dumb of her to wear that mask.)

But I do want to clarify/perhaps add more info because I've seen people saying it got shut down by the health department. I'm not absolutely certain, but I don't think this is true. I was at the event and heard one of her managers (or B&N employee? not sure who it was) say after the Q&A something like "Thanks for coming everyone. Now Lana's gonna go back into a room (separate from all the fans) and sign some more books. We've gotta wrap it up before the Health Department shuts us down."

I'm thinking that this was said more jokingly/as a preemptive attempt to not have a mob of people follow Lana as she went off to the isolated room. And probably someone thought they said the health department was actually shutting it down, when really it was like "OK we have to end this to follow covid precautions."

That being said, I didn't stay long past the Q&A bit, so something else could've happened later but I doubt it because as far as I know she just left to that room to sign more books

Thanks for the info - makes sense. Still an ill-conceived idea to hold such an event but I, too, am tired of discussing it.

Are you able to clarify what the December 10 comment was about? The video I saw begins with her saying that date, but it's not clear what it was in response to.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

14 minutes ago, Socrates said:

It just seems like the whole thing was performance art. Lana was being specific enough in her intentions: to want to stand behind a ropped-off area, keeping her fans at a safe distance, while she was wearing a non-approved mask. Safety was obviously a concern. I guarantee you that no one picked up the covid from her.

This statement is where I stopped reading because you can guarantee no such thing for a variety of reasons. Bye.

9 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

Thanks for the info - makes sense. Still an ill-conceived idea to hold such an event but I, too, am tired of discussing it.

Are you able to clarify what the December 10 comment was about? The video I saw begins with her saying that date, but it's not clear what it was in response to.

Unfortunately I didn't hear her answer that in person because I arrived partway through the Q&A (due to it being announced so last-minute.) But from the video I saw, probably the same one as you, I figure that it was just someone asking when the album is coming out. Sorry I can't tell you for certain.

Just now, TheCultureIsLit said:

Unfortunately I didn't hear her answer that in person because I arrived partway through the Q&A (due to it being announced so last-minute.) But from the video I saw, probably the same one as you, I figure that it was just someone asking when the album is coming out. Sorry I can't tell you for certain.

Nah, 'tis cool - thanks anyway! Did you get a book?!

23 minutes ago, Socrates said:

It could be about somebody's feet, 

every post you make i become more and more certain you’re going to eventually end up spamming scat gifs :rip: 

RVhKIwP.gif

3 minutes ago, May said:

every post you make i become more and more certain you’re going to eventually end up spamming scat gifs :rip: 

I think they are a troll who is actually trying to sound like they could be a real person. But they're a troll. If not, sorry Socrates. :creep:

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

1 hour ago, Socrates said:

It just seems like the whole thing was performance art. Lana was being specific enough in her intentions: to want to stand behind a ropped-off area, keeping her fans at a safe distance, while she was wearing a non-approved mask. Safety was obviously a concern. 

There are photos where she is standing literally skin to skin with some fans what are you on about? 

2 hours ago, Socrates said:

It just seems like the whole thing was performance art. Lana was being specific enough in her intentions: to want to stand behind a ropped-off area, keeping her fans at a safe distance, while she was wearing a non-approved mask. Safety was obviously a concern. 

this doesn’t look like a safe distance to me at all girl 

Edited by cherri
better examples

7a489a16ce1d35d7a8253fa33e350a39.gif

Ive been wondering, do Ben n Ed even realize that lana is loosing fans every day? Maybe thats why theyve been shoving that dumb poetry book down out throaths for the past 4 months. If she doesnt get her shit together, her career will be over by the end of this year 

5 minutes ago, Socrates said:

Incidentally, she looks great now, and she looks like the 'after pucture,'  compared to the former Costco 'before picture' - if you remember that one. I just thought I should mention she looks really great and like she's in shape. 

I'm sorry - wot? 

She was at Costco so ofc she was casual af. She looked great then and does now, too. The only not-great aspect of her appearance is the cursed mask. 

11 minutes ago, Socrates said:

I know it's trendy to encourage body positivity by saying everybody looks great all the time when they really don't. I don't look particularly great right now but I'm not going to lie to myself. I'm just saying she looks better now than she did a couple months ago. I'm being honest, instead of trying to build self-esteem just for the sake of it. I'm saying you should feel better about yourself right now. 

In this house we don't pass judgment on women's (or anyone's) bodies. She looked absolutely fine then, and does now, too. 

Like you could've just said she looks great rn but you felt the need to imply that you think she didn't look great before. Just no. 

Off you fuck. 

38 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

If she doesnt get her shit together, her career will be over by the end of this year 

I don't think her career is gonna be completely over but one thing is for sure she definitely permanently damaged her reputation and career this year. She's been getting herself in scandal after scandal, and it's not just petty silly scandals it's genuinely horrible, problematic stuff she's been doing.

Dating a racially profiling cop, that Question for the Culture incident where she namedropped a bunch of (mainly black) women basically invalidating their struggles which further made a lot of people see her as a racist, and now this mask thing.. ugh

11 minutes ago, Socrates said:

Fuck you too. I don't give a fuck what you think about my posts. Stop reading my posts if they bother you. Maybe the house rules are all fucked up because we're living in participation trophy society. You're supposed to just feel good about yourself for any damn reason now. You don't have to do anything nice for other people and you don't have to try to take care of yourself. You're just supposed to feel good about yourself at all times. You can even take a pill for it. 

Cute breakdoen. 

The fact of the matter is she had a perfectly healthy body in that Costco pic - guaranteed within her healthy weight range, if you wanna get technical (although even if she wasn't, that would be entirely HER business). 

Like who the fuck are you? Women don't exist to please you visually or otherwise. The vibes beginning with i really jumped the fuck out with you, huh? 

You worry about YOUR body and leave hers alone. 

4 minutes ago, Socrates said:

Seriously, fuck you and stop reading my posts. I don't care if they ban me from this fucking website. This has nothing to do with her being a woman. She looks better now than she did a couple months ago. I would say that to a guy if it were true. 

No, I will read, and respond to, whatever I please. Block me if you like, SUCKrates. 

Other people's bodies are not your business. WTF?