Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, your dealer said:

and when lana releases the Christmas album this month, American standards in March, and LDRX in June THEN WHAT :true:

cherry music video!!!!!! :oprah4: omg

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Just now, DCooper said:

She said American Standards would be released on Christmas, not that she was also making a Christmas record if I recall correctly. Are we making up our own lies now? :stareney2:

I thought there was always a possibility of a Christmas album on the backburner from her, not that ASAC isn't separate :popcorn: 

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

She said American Standards would be released on Christmas, not that she was also making a Christmas record if I recall correctly. Are we making up our own lies now? :stareney2:

:true: we love to be deceived 

2 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

I thought there was always a possibility of a Christmas album on the backburner from her, not that ASAC isn't separate :popcorn: 

American Standards and Classics (possibly titled Pacific Blue[1][S 1]) is a scrapped album of covers by Lana Del Rey. The album was originally supposed to be released on Christmas 2020.

2 minutes ago, TropicoHeart said:

American Standards and Classics (possibly titled Pacific Blue[1][S 1]) is a scrapped album of covers by Lana Del Rey. The album was originally supposed to be released on Christmas 2020.

Maybe I just went crazy (for you) and mixed that up with a "Christmas" album :oopna2: #mylustforlifeera #delulu

1 minute ago, DCooper said:

Very true LOL :true:

Lana stans have a propensity to believe their own lies, as well as Lana's lies:bebe:

5 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Lana stans have a propensity to believe their own lies, as well as Lana's lies:bebe:

we are all liars here!!!

15ab7dd4896cc5d0876f145f2fe5f5a4.gif

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 minute ago, TropicoHeart said:

Question for the LDR9 enthusiasts, who don’t consider Violet an album:

If Lana were to release a covers album, would you count it as part of her discography, or would that also be ”a separate” project? :oprah3:

I would call it a separate project, definitely not like, LDR#, but just a standalone thing 

3 hours ago, TropicoHeart said:

If Lana were to release a covers album, would you count it as part of her discography, or would that also be ”a separate” project? :oprah3:

yes because that's music

5 minutes ago, TropicoHeart said:

Side project too (same as if she ever releases a joint album or a full soundtrack for a film/play)

giphy.gif

22 minutes ago, TropicoHeart said:

I think I would consider it a separate project too

Like Violet is poetry book/album #1, Behind the Iron Gates is poetry book/album #2

Then (if there was a cover album) it would be cover album #1 

For me the separation is that BTD/P,  Ultraviolence, Honeymoon, LFL, NFR, COCC, and BB are music....

whereas Violet is poetry

If she didn't even release the audiobook for Violet it would literally just be a poetry book so... :um2: but I can't stop Lana from calling it LDRX/10 lol

not the violet debate again…

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

14 minutes ago, sweetcinnamondealer said:

I think I would consider it a separate project too

Like Violet is poetry book/album #1, Behind the Iron Gates is poetry book/album #2

Then (if there was a cover album) it would be cover album #1 

For me the separation is that BTD/P,  Ultraviolence, Honeymoon, LFL, NFR, COCC, and BB are music....

whereas Violet is poetry

If she didn't even release the audiobook for Violet it would literally just be a poetry book so... :um2: but I can't stop Lana from calling it LDRX/10 lol

I respect it… but it ain’t me. I just choose to follow how Lana sees it, even if Violet wasnt audio, I’d still consider her part of her ”discography”, if Lana said so bc I think words like ”album” etc are dated, all her work is worth and valued the same for me, u know :nails:  And same with covers album. Just like her other covers on her main albums are part of the tracklist and art

But it’s also fine to view it the way you do, who am I to judge :true:

28 minutes ago, TropicoHeart said:

I respect it… but it ain’t me. I just choose to follow how Lana sees it, even if Violet wasnt audio, I’d still consider her part of her ”discography”, if Lana said so bc I think words like ”album” etc are dated, all her work is worth and valued the same for me, u know :nails:  And same with covers album. Just like her other covers on her main albums are part of the tracklist and art

But it’s also fine to view it the way you do, who am I to judge :true:

I get what you mean, I do think all of her projects are equal and hold value to me, but I still think they should still be separated by category. Like Tropico is a short film, so do you include that as a part of her "discography" too?

If she wrote a novel or starred in a movie would that also count?

Separating by category doesn't make any project less important :true:

Also I'm confused about what you mean by "I think words like ”album” etc are dated" lol what exactly makes it dated? What other word would you use to describe a collection of songs? 

Also sorry to everyone for continuing this discussion lol :hide: