Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

2 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

do we know how much her recording sessions with dif producers cost, i remember honeymouns once said rick nowels is an expensive producer and a hm session with him was about $10k

I'm pretty sure that's how things are done because they don't really make money off of streaming and producers aren't touring with the artists or get any merch cuts so... They gotta put food on the table as well

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I always wondered why there's 2 mixes officially released of West Coast: one from the music video (that one's on the album) and then one from the audio on YT which has softer drums and differently mixed vocals? Has this ever been adressed?

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

1 hour ago, kitschesque said:

I always wondered why there's 2 mixes officially released of West Coast: one from the music video (that one's on the album) and then one from the audio on YT which has softer drums and differently mixed vocals? Has this ever been adressed?

She probably changed her mind about the final mix before the album came out but after the single was out 

1 hour ago, kitschesque said:

yeah boz told about it while he was here: “The simple answer to this is that Rob Orton, UV's mixing engineer, was still mixing the tracks at the time of WC release and they just attached earlier mix to it. Pretty sure it was even released on streaming later as Rob Orton mix or something”

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

Who is the guy who says "Yes, of course I will, my darling" in National Anthem demos? Is it from a video/movie or an uncredited background vocalist (maybe one of The Nexus guys)?

url%5D

i hope a lizzy stan might help me in these disputes @Surf Noir @sparklrtrailrheavenmaybe you could know?:

1. do we know what would be the more finalized version of the song, the one that we call Me and My Boyfrined or what we call Marilyn? and another question, if me and my boyfriend leaked performance is actually marilyn, and this is what we were told by reliable member, then what me and my boyfriend really is, since david himself confirmed the existance of the song by "me & my boyfriend" title, and he never referred to marilyn...
2. there are 2 brite lites versions - 3:05, that is included in No Kung Fu EP, and 3:00, which was produced by Steven Mertens in 2008, but im confused if the 3:00 version was actually produced in 2008, and if its the actually the second made version out of these two? 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

6 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

i hope a lizzy stan might help me in these disputes @Surf Noir @sparklrtrailrheavenmaybe you could know?:

1. do we know what would be the more finalized version of the song, the one that we call Me and My Boyfrined or what we call Marilyn? and another question, if me and my boyfriend leaked performance is actually marilyn, and this is what we were told by reliable member, then what me and my boyfriend really is, since david himself confirmed the existance of the song by "me & my boyfriend" title, and he never referred to marilyn...
2. there are 2 brite lites versions - 3:05, that is included in No Kung Fu EP, and 3:00, which was produced by Steven Mertens in 2008, but im confused if the 3:00 version was actually produced in 2008, and if its the actually the second made version out of these two? 

1. i believe what be free said about me and my boyfriend and marilyn being the same song was mostly based on opinion, since they have similarities, in my opinion, they are separate songs, she just happened to include the same "marilyn, marilyn, marilyn, oohhh..." lyric/line from marilyn which you can hear in the live performance of it, in me and my boyfriend, but we can't say for sure what her intentions were for the individual tracks, maybe she decided to scrap marilyn and kept working on me and my boyfriend, or maybe she worked on both and they just happened to share lyrics, but i do believe they're separate songs ultimately

2. steven mertens' version of brite lites, the rock one, is definitely most likely from 2007 just like everything else they did together, but i personally believe the acoustic version is the first version

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

6 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

1. marilyn and me and my bf are different songs, lana probably just reused marilyn lyrics on me and my bf like she did with 1949 and emghw. kahne claims he did a studio version of me and my bf but marilyn studio version is rumoured to exist too
2. basically what surf noir said ig

source.gif

This unreleased FKA Twigs song "Guilty" has me so confused.

People say it's sampling strings from Blue Jeans but to me it sounds exactly like the Ultraviolence demo, not Blue Jeans.

But I know Dan Heath did the strings for both, so... did Dan sorta recycle Blue Jeans for the Ultraviolence demo? Unless people are talking about the vocal sample from Blue Jeans. I'm so confused.

11 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

Which demo of Born To Die is the one with the male sample vocals clearly heard? Like you can hear him say “goddamn”

demo 2 and demo beat are both pretty clear

YCY3W7s.jpg

Just now, ulttraviolenncee said:

did lana lied about hollywood versions 2?

no, there is a confirmed version of hollywood made during 2013 but apparently it’s not in circulation

YCY3W7s.jpg

Is the snippet of Cherry that was used in the V Magazine shoot Insta post actually unmastered? Or did people just assume that

And same with like the snippets of Cinnamon Girl/How to Disappear/California that Lana posted on Insta, I've never truly analyzed if any snippets she's posted herself are different than what's actually released. Are they actual demos/noticeably different?

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

53 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

Is the snippet of Cherry that was used in the V Magazine shoot Insta post actually unmastered? Or did people just assume that

And same with like the snippets of Cinnamon Girl/How to Disappear/California that Lana posted on Insta, I've never truly analyzed if any snippets she's posted herself are different than what's actually released. Are they actual demos/noticeably different?

Cherry in the V Magazine is an early mix, honeymouns confirmed and imo the Cinnamon snippet in the car was never the demo because she had bass speakers there (I can hear the strings there too). I think California is the same too but the How To Disappear snippet is only the piano version, like there weren't any of those jack homemade trap beats there. 

url%5D

51 minutes ago, Embach said:

Cherry in the V Magazine is an early mix, honeymouns confirmed and imo the Cinnamon snippet in the car was never the demo because she had bass speakers there (I can hear the strings there too). I think California is the same too but the How To Disappear snippet is only the piano version, like there weren't any of those jack homemade trap beats there. 

I forgot about HIAB, do u know abt that one?

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

20 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

I forgot about HIAB, do u know abt that one?

I think all the 3 snippets of HIAB are the same without any major changes I think. I do suspect that there's a Rick Nowels demo of it, idk why

url%5D