Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Not sure if anyone could confirm or deny this really, lol.

ok well somebody put it on the site to begin with? that number must have come from somewhere

What you mean by "throws off a few placements"? Why does anyone even know the time of birth of Lana?  :horror:

her ascendant would be different if the time of birth were wrong. I don't know why somebody would know her time of birth, it was just on the website so somebody must have known it?

why are y'all blowing this out of proportion

Why there's extra bonus tracks from UV in Japan? She's big there or something, or is just a normal stuff that they do with albums?

Also. the Carmen demo video that is private in her original YT account has the same footage that the final one or is a completely new video and do we have any info about the alternate version of Summertime Sadness that was shown in German TV?

8nl2OpX.png

Why there's extra bonus tracks from UV in Japan? She's big there or something, or is just a normal stuff that they do with albums?

Japanese editions of records that had some sort of bonus go back to before the CD era, and there are countless Japanese pressings with bonus tracks, bonus singles, posters, booklets, and so on. I understand that it's because it was very easy for Japanese fans to obtain cheaply made copies from other countries (such as China and Taiwan), so Japanese record companies have often tried to make their pressings a bit more special to justify the higher price.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Japanese editions of records that had some sort of bonus go back to before the CD era, and there are countless Japanese pressings with bonus tracks, bonus singles, posters, booklets, and so on. I understand that it's because it was very easy for Japanese fans to obtain cheaply made copies from other countries (such as China and Taiwan), so Japanese record companies have often tried to make their pressings a bit more special to justify the higher price.

Thanks for replying! :kiss:

8nl2OpX.png

I had a friend tell me "Summertime Sadness" was about a friend who died in a car crash. Legitimate, or B.S.?

I've heard this, but it's just a theory based on the video I think. Lana said it's basically about nothing lmao.

Okay I'm confused about the "Summertime Sadness remix" thing that happened..

So this guy Cedric Gervais was commissioned to do a remix for Summertime Sadness and later for Young and Beautiful according to the Wikipedia

and it becomes a hit, later nominated and won a Grammy in which Lana also tweets about but she was bitter about it when she says "that someone remixed the shit of"7

and I remember that guy tweeted something shady about her (can't find it now) and the fans lashing on him

I'm really confused here cause I used to think he did the remix on his own and got the praise and attention for it and thus Lana seemed bitter about that

He wins a grammy, fans are angry and he shades her... but after seeing that the remix video was on her Vevo page I looked it up and I'm lost about this whole thing

so can anyone inform what you know about this or clarify what happened between Lana and that guy :biblio:

Okay I'm confused about the "Summertime Sadness remix" thing that happened..

So this guy Cedric Gervais was commissioned to do a remix for Summertime Sadness and later for Young and Beautiful according to the Wikipedia

and it becomes a hit, later nominated and won a Grammy in which Lana also tweets about but she was bitter about it when she says "that someone remixed the shit of"7

and I remember that guy tweeted something shady about her (can't find it now) and the fans lashing on him

I'm really confused here cause I used to think he did the remix on his own and got the praise and attention for it and thus Lana seemed bitter about that

He wins a grammy, fans are angry and he shades her... but after seeing that the remix video was on her Vevo page I looked it up and I'm lost about this whole thing

so can anyone inform what you know about this or clarify what happened between Lana and that guy :biblio:

He did the remix on his own.  Lana was bitter because a REMIX of her song got attention more than the album version, mind you, a catchy yet copy-paste EDM remix.

The song only won a Grammy basically because of him and not her...I would be pissed too if i made a song and a remix that I had nothing to do with won a Grammy.  Of course its great that Lana got a grammy, but I doubt that she is for this remix.

The VEVO video was posted long after the remix was overplayed on the radio. BTW, record labels are in charge of the content posted on an artist's VEVO page, not Lana herself.

tldr: lana hates the remix and the guy who made it, she doesnt control her VEVO page

He did the remix on his own.  Lana was bitter because a REMIX of her song got attention more than the album version, mind you, a catchy yet copy-paste EDM remix.

The song only won a Grammy basically because of him and not her...I would be pissed too if i made a song and a remix that I had nothing to do with won a Grammy.  Of course its great that Lana got a grammy, but I doubt that she is for this remix.

The VEVO video was posted long after the remix was overplayed on the radio. BTW, record labels are in charge of the content posted on an artist's VEVO page, not Lana herself.

tldr: lana hates the remix and the guy who made it, she doesnt control her VEVO page

It's ridiculous a remix as shit as that can win a Grammy... or even that a remix could win one tbh. Award shows are such a joke.

It's ridiculous a remix as shit as that can win a Grammy... or even that a remix could win one tbh. Award shows are such a joke.

Exactly. I'm still tying to figure out how a 2014 album won 2016 album

Of the year. I'm talking about half-baked production 1989

Exactly. I'm still tying to figure out how a 2014 album won 2016 album

Of the year. I'm talking about half-baked production 1989

I never checked out Taylor Swift's album because I'm never that bored. How much do you have to bore yourself to check out music by Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, etc. Really? The fact this shit is even successful is mind numbing. All I heard was Shake It Off and it was genuinely embarrassing. She was like "Let's get down to this sick beat" to some cheerleader bullshit... Kill it with fire. And "I can be the prince and you can be the princess, it's a love story, baby just say yes" honestly her having fans highlights the idiocy of people.

what ever happened to Jaime King and Lana's friendship, do we know if they still hang out ect.?

Last time they were seen together was at a ceremony, but we really don't know, I guess Miss King prefers to hang out with Granny Swift :troll:

8nl2OpX.png

How many versions from Heavy Hitter we have? I have the "final" and the demo wich are kinda the same, but yesterday I've downloaded a masterpost with a 2nd version with the leaked Instrumental wich it's not the same of the final version, but idk if this "2nd version" is legit, I need help :toofunny:

8nl2OpX.png

Does anyone knows what Salavatore is about? And what "Terrence Loves You" (the title) actually means?

you should check threads of them on lyrics section! there are lots of opinions on them and if you read some opinions you can have an idea maybe?? there are lots of different opinions when it comes to Lana, you know lol