Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

I hope this is the most appropriate place to ask this, what's the significance of Chateau Marmont to Lana (apart from the tattoo, lyrics and that she used to hang out there...) But, does anyone know how and why she was there? 

i guess it just ~visually struck her~ when she first saw it and the colour of the chateau inspired the colour scheme for the video games video. she stayed there a lot because it's a very expensive, nice hotel where tons and tons of celebrities have stayed in the past and still do. lindsay lohan lived there for a few months etc.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

i guess it just ~visually struck her~ when she first saw it and the colour of the chateau inspired the colour scheme for the video games video. she stayed there a lot because it's a very expensive, nice hotel where tons and tons of celebrities have stayed in the past and still do. lindsay lohan lived there for a few months etc.

I guess I'd do exactly the same if I was either in LA or could afford it  :pft:

Lana doesn't have a private plane, right?

I'm planning to go to Helsinki-Vantaa airport with my friend next week on saturday (15th) since Lana has a show in Riga on friday (14th) and there's only one plane coming from Riga to Helsinki on saturday. I just hope that we could bump into her.

Are there any other differences between the Blue Jeans video that leaked earlier and the officially released one? Besides the waves  in the intro.

I remember the close-up shots of her at the end being longer and less blurry but maybe my it's just my memory fooling me.

tumblr_msfqg0hpqG1sx7kg2o5_250.gif

The only 'Backfire' that we have is kinda shitty quality right, or is it just mine?

If you mean in terms of sounding good, I think mine is okay. But my bit-rate is low, 128.

Are there any other differences between the Blue Jeans video that leaked earlier and the officially released one? Besides the waves  in the intro.

I remember the close-up shots of her at the end being longer and less blurry but maybe my it's just my memory fooling me.

No, you're right! The version that leaked prior to the release is indeed different.

If you mean in terms of sounding good, I think mine is okay. But my bit-rate is low, 128.

No, you're right! The version that leaked prior to the release is indeed different.

Mine sounds kind of crackly/tinny. 

tumblr_mdazxq5nAn1rvhzzjo1_500.giftumblr_mdazxq5nAn1rvhzzjo2_500.gif

i'm wondering -- why do laptop songs like methamphetamines and crooked cop get removed from my youtube (for copyright infringement) but (unaltered, original files) for songs like disco, trash, elvis, etc don't even get flagged or register under their 'content ID match' 

ZRBNill.jpg

I read somewhere that she didn't want to do the H&M ads. Is this true and why not? :(

She didn't exactly said that, it was more an H&M initiative:

You're a face of clothing line for H&M that's stylized after David Lynch's Blue Velvet. Is it a type of aesthetic that works for you?

I was more put into it, it wasn't something that I would choose myself. But I love the song Blue Velvet.

source

I read somewhere that she didn't want to do the H&M ads. Is this true and why not? :(

I don't think she hated it, it was more about that her people/management organized it for her

That quote doesnt sound like she didn't want to do it, I think she's saying they put her into this image of David Lynch, i think she's said before after people compared them that it was never intentional 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey