Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 hour ago, Normanrockwell18 said:

I have just emailed and asked if they could put the album up for pre order hopefully something will happen 

bye. they won't do shxt unless told to by distributors.

:rollin:

even then snippets aren't available.

3 hours ago, kitschesque said:

The melodies alone stand out A LOT.

COCC is interesting, LMLYLAW is 2014 Lana melody wise, Breaking Up Slowly lets her play with her voice a little more.

That combined with the knowledge of how many interesting instruments will be on the album and how Jack can operate with very minimal setup gives me hope.

Also take into account the fact that Lana manages to be very lowkey and still convey so much in her work. That's her signature ability IMO.

Let's just wait and see. I'm expecting her best album yet still.

I mean, it's a question of personal preferance but I think LMLYLAW is really one of her weakest compositions, something noone will care for on the long run. CoCc is catchy, but it's not really a breathtaking melody either.

While I really enjoy minimalistic productions, I feel like Jack does not do them very good. HM was very minimalistic aswell, yet there was so much going on in the background of the tracks, so many decent little details. Jacks minimalism is either overly simplistic , with him playing the same 3 chords on a dull-sounding instdument, or it's resulting in a muddy instrumental, where a lot of the instruments get lost in the mix.

I'm excited for CoCc, don't get me wrong, but so far I personally doubt that it will be THE highlight of her career. 

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I just put on a countdown for 12 AM EST on the 19th and we're on the 12 days away mark

11 days for some people :bebe:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Knowing that Nikki Lane, Zella Day, and Weyes Blood have only background vocals is the best feeling ever. LFL messy collabs can’t relate:teehee:No more overshadowing my queen’s vocals! 
77bf490c25f3e741abe18bbb2e3bd3c588d1a9d3

Can't wait to start my Lana album marathon on the 12th, from AKA all the way to NFR and then COCC on the 19th,

i cant remember which user on here came up with this idea, i think it was @Lentilus ? but thank you :trisha:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 minute ago, 5adboy said:

Knowing that Nikki Lane, Zella Day, and Weyes Blood have only background vocals is the best feeling ever. LFL messy collabs can’t relate:teehee:No more overshadowing my queen’s vocals! 

Is it confirmed?

Just now, Terrence Loves Me said:

Can't wait to start my Lana album marathon on the 12th, from AKA all the way to NFR and then COCC on the 19th,

i cant remember which user on here came up with this idea, i think it was @Lentilus ? but thank you :trisha:

Wait, the way I need to do this too. :oprah: 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

15 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

I mean, it's a question of personal preferance but I think LMLYLAW is really one of her weakest compositions, something noone will care for on the long run. CoCc is catchy, but it's not really a breathtaking melody either.

While I really enjoy minimalistic productions, I feel like Jack does not do them very good. HM was very minimalistic aswell, yet there was so much going on in the background of the tracks, so many decent little details. Jacks minimalism is either overly simplistic , with him playing the same 3 chords on a dull-sounding instdument, or it's resulting in a muddy instrumental, where a lot of the instruments get lost in the mix.

I'm excited for CoCc, don't get me wrong, but so far I personally doubt that it will be THE highlight of her career. 

I totally agree, I'm always stunned at her previous productions. Honeymoon especially, everything just sounds so meticulously designed to perfection. It's an expertly crafted record, from start to finish :lush: Meanwhile the NFR and COCC soundscape just sounds so coincidental and nonchalant, like an impromptu live performance in a studio setting. There's just not much to it, which so far has been underwhelming. It's a little bit lazy... :tsk: I get that's the vibe they're going for though, and apparently it has resonated with a lot of people.

I do still have high hopes for the record as I've ditched any expectations for flawless production (she herself has said the album doesn't contain that). I'm much more looking forward to the mood + melodies. As long as it makes me cry I'm good :xcry:

22 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

It was me yes!! :trisha::smile4:

I'm also very much looking forward to the album-a-day!! 

You're gonna LIVE!!!:gurl:

I suggest this to everybody, it's fun, and it makes the days go by just a little faster. 

15 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

77bf490c25f3e741abe18bbb2e3bd3c588d1a9d3

This gif has got me feeling some type of way

2 hours ago, Normanrockwell18 said:

I have just emailed and asked if they could put the album up for pre order hopefully something will happen 

I wouldn't be surprised if they got in trouble for NFR snippets so I'm not getting my hopes up for another delivery from them specifically :rip:

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif