Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

8 minutes ago, Lavender Sunshine said:
  Hide contents

I kinda regret listening to the BUS and TJF snippets, not so much because I think I would have appreciated them more (I already love TJF), but because they're really refreshing in terms of sound so listening without knowing what to expect would have been perfect, plus the album is already pretty short as it is 

I had only heard BUS once and the TJF snippet once too by accident without knowing it was that song, and they definitely felt refreshing and brand new when I listened to the album because I had forgotten the melodies!

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Spoiler

Yosemite fits into the album so well - if I hadn’t know it was recorded for another album I never would have guessed 

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

2 minutes ago, War In My Mind said:

people do things outside this site?? please respond am shocked and confused...

Sadly :poordat:: I wish I could be using my computer all day LMAO 

I decided to stop searching for the leak cuz it’s basically two days away, and even if I downloaded it, I wouldn’t get to experience the smooth transitions. 

that being said, for someone who likes emo folky stuff, and someone who really likes honeymoon with ultraviolence following behind, how do you think I would find it? I see everyone leaving great responses. and I know most people are excited when they first listen to a new album by their favorite artist, I feel like this is...different somehow.

19 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:
  Hide contents

yes i hate nfr but this is a masterpiece:oprah2: im suprised too lmaoo jack is not cancelled after all

Spoiler

Ok if you hate nfr (and I too find that album..uh...meh), then this might be really good. 

3 minutes ago, Serene Queen said:
  Hide contents

Yosemite fits into the album so well - if I hadn’t know it was recorded for another album I never would have guessed 

Spoiler

My thoughts exactly! Though you can kinda hear why Lana said it was TNBAR’s sister

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

4 minutes ago, lizyyygrant said:
  Hide contents

Ok if you hate nfr (and I too find that album..uh...meh), then this might be really good. 

Spoiler

it is:cryney2: completely different than nfr. Saying this as the biggest Jack hater on this site

3 minutes ago, blackestday89 said:
  Hide contents

Honeymoon>COCC=LFL>UV>BTD>Paradise>NFR

If you need help deleting your account, just ask the mods x 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

9 minutes ago, lizyyygrant said:

I decided to stop searching for the leak cuz it’s basically two days away, and even if I downloaded it, I wouldn’t get to experience the smooth transitions. 

that being said, for someone who likes emo folky stuff, and someone who really likes honeymoon with ultraviolence following behind, how do you think I would find it? I see everyone leaving great responses. and I know most people are excited when they first listen to a new album by their favorite artist, I feel like this is...different somehow.

What do you mean smooth transitions? The leak is literally a CD rip.

7 minutes ago, lizyyygrant said:

I love it. 

Spoiler

If you love honeymoon you will love it. It doesn't have the same production, but it's very similar in a different way. It's magical, enchanted, like in a fairy tale, Wanderlust and Yosemite are sure to inspire you. There are 2-3 songs that I don't like, but other than that, it's really a magical album.  But yesterday I wasn't that convinced either, it takes one or two days to work.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

Honestly this has grown on me so much within the last day, it feels so intimate and perhaps her most authentic work? As much as I love and miss the grandeur and theatrical elements of her earlier works, this feels so natural. 

I wasn't completely won over by NFR! as a body of work, I enjoy the majority of the material but just not as a collective. Whereas this feels so much more in sync and thought out. 

I'm loving the simplicity of the production this time around, with earphones it's incredible but even just in the car I've been flawed by this record. So excited to see where she goes next, I'd love to hear Dealer eventually. 

I do think she has done all she can do with Jack and I'd love her to use Zach for the next record. Thunder would be a great blueprint, i wouldn't even be mad if they did the band project next or the covers record... 

Spoiler

I was thinking today that NFR and COTCC are similar in the vibes they give off, yet are so different at the same time. To me:

NFR: I think of summer - beachy, water, waves... coolness.

COTCC: I also think of summer, but in a different way - sunsets, the heat, nighttime campfires... warmness. 

Honeymoon > COTCC > LDRAKA > Ultraviolence >  Norman > Born to Die > Lust for Life > Paradise

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.