Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

6 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

A couple of my observations... 

1- Tulsa Jesus Freak is the new Happiness Is a Butterfly: first song teased, not first released.

2- the Wednesday post was Lana’s way of “Explaining” the delay.

3- she will probably blame CoVID and all for the delay.

4- Chemtrails’ rollout gives me strong HM pre-release era, which was my fave era ever from her: short in time and somewhat cohesive. 
5- I don’t know why the fuck she had to mention the Sept 5 date when she has always been vague in the past. Replace that post with “a couple of months” and there would have been no drama, and a perfect era. 

no doubt we understand, and not even just bc it's all we can do especially at this point. but. I mean we got flipped off last time. and even that's better(?) than now. I think we all knew. it was just some kind of glimmer. it's been fun tho not even kidding 

FSiy5w3.giftumblr_nv0881L0Od1s4fz4bo1_500.gifVvJr.gif

at this point I kinda believe that Lana did want to release it on *cursed date* but her management or label made her change her plans 

we know her managers don't approve / influence what she posts (question for the kulture) and when ben reposted the snippet he started with changing it into 'soon' 

26 minutes ago, Pin Up Galore said:

I hope that someday lana works with Hugo Comte on a photoshoot / album cover. Both Pang and Future Nostalgia have just absolutely gorgeous covers shot by him 

speaking of photographers you wish she'd work with, wouldn't a nan goldin shoot be just beyond? super unlikely to ever happen (idk that goldin has ever done commercial work?) tho.

aOaIzH2.gif

2 hours ago, Bunny Mozart said:

The thing with Lana and glamour is that glamour has been a part of her life, even before she became Lana Del Rey at 26/27 years old, so her turning away that aspect of her personality would be inauthentic to me. Either you like glamour or you don't, but I feel like Lana still does and always will. That's why I wouldn't find it weird if she were to go back to it.

The idea of glamour has always been part of her life, not the glamour itself. I think what was captivating about Lana at the time was the idea of her longing for that elusive hollywood glamour. 
She has reached fame now and lived that dream and somehow navigated through it and now she is past it. 
To me it would feel repetitive if she were to go there again. 
Someone wrote that she “cannot go back from NFR” and I kinda get what they were saying. 
Of course this is all just about our personal opinions but I think she has worked her core beautifully into some parts of Violet which combine new Lana with old Lana (Quiet Waiter, the closing verses of Paradise Is Very Fragile, Never To Heaven) and that’s what I’m hoping for with COTCC. 
I would hate to see her do a L4L 2.0, I really would - I think that remains her least successful  (not in terms of sales but in terms of project) vision. 

7 minutes ago, themoonstop said:

speaking of photographers you wish she'd work with, wouldn't a nan goldin shoot be just beyond? super unlikely to ever happen (idk that goldin has ever done commercial work?) tho.

fuuuuuuuuck it would be so legendary; her photos are able to capture such a natural sense of darkness and unhigned-ness I totally picture a UV sounding album within her photography

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

Lana said, nah y’all talked too much shit about NFR and it’s production. You ain’t getting shit.

so thank those members that were in here ragging on NFR and it’s production 

:creep:

3 minutes ago, KingJay said:

Lana said, nah y’all talked too much shit about NFR and it’s production. You ain’t getting shit.

you're welcome!!!! 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

1 minute ago, KingJay said:

just wanted to say that the only song with true minimal production is the closer (you could also mention Bartender but that's on Rick), but that makes sense given the focus on the lyrics and to capture the vulnerability and intimacy of her voice

all the other songs have beautiful production 

just because the style is different and because most songs lack heavy percussions (although Andrew Watt and maybe even Louis Bell served some MAJOR groove) and her vocals aren't strongly filtered, it does NOT mean it lacks production 

Just now, White Dress said:

I also agree that a "surprise" drop wouldn't have worked well. We all know damn well she'd drop it, post about one of her dancers having a baby on instagram, the go back into hiding for 10 months :rip:

otoh, has she recently ever done promo that actually increased significantly her album's popularity? and especially now, with all the social restrictions, is there something really impactful that she would do? 

34 minutes ago, Tomboboy2#0 said:

The idea of glamour has always been part of her life, not the glamour itself. I think what was captivating about Lana at the time was the idea of her longing for that elusive hollywood glamour. 
She has reached fame now and lived that dream and somehow navigated through it and now she is past it. 
To me it would feel repetitive if she were to go there again. 
Someone wrote that she “cannot go back from NFR” and I kinda get what they were saying. 

3 hours ago, Tomboboy2#0 said:

Why do most of you want Lana to do Hollywood Lana again or UV Lana again? We had that. And it would be so derivative.

Also, as a follow-up to NFR, where her aesthetics were more simple and 'authentic' (I hate that word) it would look weird if she went back to the old Hollywood glamour, I don't know, it would look tired, don't hate me. 

Two great posts!!

1 minute ago, Jared said:

Two great posts!!

Lana could do glamour in the same vein of LA who am i to love you does 

referencing the struggling artist who flew to LA to chase their dreams and depicting the contrast between the idolized, stereotypical idea of America she used to sing about clashing with the messy, dystopian, "loss of culture" reality (as she briefly hinted at in Looking For America) 

so we don't want her to go back to what she did years ago, but NFR wasn't totally a growth imho but more of a shift

she can find a middle ground without sounding derivative or unoriginal