Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 minute ago, Contemplating God said:

My new favorite LDR record it's true it's true (even though i've been saying that every album release since UV outside of LFL :eartha:)

same tho this is the kind of album i've been craving from her forever, just her opening up about everything she's been though all these years

i love you, but you don't understand me.

3 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

idk:bebe: those riddles r making me crazy

Same, I’ve found myself thinking about them in the middle of work meetings and it’s becoming a problem hahah :crying:

What about.... dancing in Orlando, I was only nineteen

stripper tropico 2.0 confirmed :crying:

1 hour ago, Chestnut Fox Sexy Jesus said:

So let’s reassess the situation. We have

- White Dress, acoustic pop/folk

- Chemtrails, pop

- TJF, pop/dream pop

- LMLYLAW, acoustic flop pop

- WAH, acoustic pop/folk

- DBJAG, country/electro trip hop (maybe similar to WTWWAW)

- NAWWAL, acoustic pop/folk

- Yosemite, acoustic pop/folk

- BUS, country pop

- DTWD, acoustic pop/folk

- For Free, folk

?? Mess For Life 2.0 confirmed 

The Portishead sound route is interesting but I mean not in the context of a pop folk record ma’am? What is this mess? ??

Not “acoustic flop pop” y’all are deranged 

In what way is LMLYLAW "acoustic" my god. 

Worms for brains. 

Giving me "Venice Bitch is psychedelic" ignorance 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

Worms for brains. 

mate you need to get your facts straight before you go off the ? route

Acoustic does not necessarily only mean plucking a guitar in the backyard of a farmhouse  - lmlylaw is very much an acoustic pop ballad. 

2 minutes ago, Chestnut Fox Sexy Jesus said:

Acoustic does not necessarily only mean plucking a guitar in the backyard of a farmhouse  - lmlylaw is very much an acoustic pop ballad. 

Acoustic music is music that solely or primarily uses instruments that produce sound through acoustic means, as opposed to electric or electronic means. Wikipedia

Explain the synthesizers, the electric guitar, the Hammond B3 (electric organ). Don't try me.

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, Chestnut Fox Sexy Jesus said:

Sorry but nah. It's not acoustic, even though it could easily be. Not with the electric guitar, an organ and programmed instrumentation

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

4 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

Acoustic music is music that solely or primarily uses instruments that produce sound through acoustic means, as opposed to electric or electronic means. Wikipedia

Explain the synthesizers, the electric guitar, the Hammond B3 (electric organ). Don't try me.

:ma:

the swift clock

8 minutes ago, Chestnut Fox Sexy Jesus said:

how can it be acoustic when half the instruments are electric...you know the complete opposite of acoustic :eek:

4 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

Oh I’m well damn trying you. ‘Primarily’ is there for a reason. ?  

The word you’re looking for when you talk about music that is entirely free of electronic instruments and tools is “unplugged” (although there might be a degree of flexibility).

24 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

Worms for brains. 

Never understood this attitude when VB is 100% dream pop + neo-psychedelia  + prog pop with hints of slowcore just like a lot of Mazzy Star’s So Tonight That I Might See (which I would cite as a clear influence). Agree that it’s not on par with the psychedelic folk or pop or rock of the 70s, but there are definitely elements of 90s neo-psychedelia in it lol 

But I agree that LMLYLAW isn’t acoustic lol

sgopYhV.gif

15 minutes ago, Chestnut Fox Sexy Jesus said:

Oh I’m well damn trying you. ‘Primarily’ is there for a reason. ?  

The word you’re looking for when you talk about music that is entirely free of electronic instruments and tools is “unplugged” (although there might be a degree of flexibility).

because you're SO much more knowledgable than I am, I decided to give it a Google search. Care to explain why almost every source considers "acoustic" and "unplugged" to be interchangeable?