Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Spoiler

Pls hope her team noms her for Best folk or country for grammys this time around. If they nom her for POp I will riot. ... HOW WAS NFR POP? . ..also ben and ed seem to be so dumb?? All their artists album leak. Dua's leaked as well. I dont see it happening to other management teams. Tap management needs a tap on their heads with a hockey stick.....

Meanwhile I dont see how COCC sonically fits in with the other songs tbh. I can see all the other songs fitting.. coccs vocals itself are too different and the instrumentation too..

On CHEMTRAILS wikipedia it says that the album will now be released on March 21st now due to the leak?

I'm so confused.

"The whole album was leaked on Twitter on March 9, 2021. This has lead to the delay of the second single, “White Dress” and the album. The album will now be released on March 21, 2021."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemtrails_over_the_Country_Club

Also- do we think we're getting a deluxe edition with two or three bonus tracks like UV era?

1 minute ago, nothinggoldcanstay said:

On CHEMTRAILS wikipedia it says that the album will now be released on March 21st now due to the leak?

I'm so confused.

"The whole album was leaked on Twitter on March 9, 2021. This has lead to the delay of the second single, “White Dress” and the album. The album will now be released on March 21, 2021."

Also- do we think we're getting a deluxe edition with two or three bonus tracks like UV era?

The album's not delayed. It was a clitch on iTunes. Damn gays are fast at spreading fake info.

1 minute ago, nothinggoldcanstay said:

I'm so confused.

No souce so probably just some twink talking shit. Most likely the same person adding Pharell Williams-produced deluxe tracks to the wikipedia-tracklist.

Plus why would a leak cause a delay? That's the most nonsensical reaction to a situation like this

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

1 minute ago, Thunder Corpse said:

No souce so probably just some twink talking shit. Most likely the same person adding Pharell Williams-produced deluxe tracks to the wikipedia-tracklist.

Plus why would a leak cause a delay? That's the most nonsensical reaction to a situation like this

I wanted to say it like this but opted to stay polite :lmao: Thank you 

I understand the frustration with the title track not expanding on the chemtrails and country clubs theme - but the whole point of the song is her trying to achieve mediocrity - from talking about astrology and grabbing coffee and the rest of the stuff she talks about. Essentially the lyrics "watching the chemtrails over the country club" could just be her way of saying "we'll watch the world burn" since u know the chemtrails shtick. I just think the ignorance she conveys in the song gives it that melancholic feeling despite how well things are going with her "sweet love". + about the album title its probably her way of defining this as a folk masterpiece - but I hope I find a connection when I finally listen to the album. :)

Spoiler

Also I'd like to note how the first and last tracks of the album compliment each other so well! especially how White Dress leads into Chemtrails (judging from the song descriptions) 

Spoiler

So... who else actually really loves BUS? Putting aside the fact that it’s a feature and that many people (including me) don’t like Nikki’s voice. But the song in itself is beautiful, isn’t it?

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I'm not listening again until the 19th. I deleted the files. I already listened to the album like 6x and White Dress more, oops, but I bought every vinyl variant, so whatever. It was my early preview. :lmao:

Spoiler

ok i listened to it (still have it preordered on itunes tho obviously)

faves:

• white dress
  • cocc
  • wild at heart
  • not all who wander are lost
  • breaking up slowly
  • dance till we die

least faves were tulsa jesus freak and yosemite (still bops tho) :ohmy:

200.gif

𝘪 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘦𝘴𝘶𝘴

For everyone saying they don’t understand how the album title reflects the album, I think it fits perfectly.  I don’t think Chemtrails are supposed to be ominous—they’re just an image.  I think they represent freedom/flight/wanderlust over (literally) a complacent, normal life.  And that’s what the album’s about, lol.

not her team doing a worldwide release instead of the traditional local release when the album already leaked :toofloppy: why can't ben be smart with her as he is with dua? total mess ?

Spoiler

White Dress and Dark destroyed me..... I'm in heaven and Wild at Heart is playing... bliss :krylie:

Happy as the moonshine

3 minutes ago, Honeysuckle said:

not her team doing a worldwide release instead of the traditional local release when the album already leaked :toofloppy: why can't ben be smart with her as he is with dua? total mess ?

Yes Ben is .....idk... he will then say "Oh noooooo. I respect the artists wishes. Boohooo Lana wants it like this." 

In reality he could actually milk alot out of Lana...he chooses not to. Imagine Lana on Kimmel. Or David Letterman. Performing BUS. Or DBJAG. ... but Ben wants Future Nostalgia X INFINITY B SIDE EDITIONS...

Ben wake up. It has leaked. Stop it. Either release the album this week digitally like u did for Dua or I think it's time for Lana to move to another management team honestly....

1 hour ago, Thunder Corpse said:

I feel like she just went a tad too vague/ off topic with her lyris on CoCc. It has such a dramatic title, yet it's meaning for the rest of the lyrics isn't very impactful. The "we do everyday rich kids stuff, but there os something menancing in the background" storyline does not evolve at all throughout the track.  Instead we get a cringy horoscope discussion

Spoiler

It’s like that throughout the entire album though, I think there’s two or three songs I like but there’s not one lyrical standout in the album-lyrically it’s definitely her worst work even moreso than her early stuff.