Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Spoiler

There's something really unsettling about Yosemite. It's both peaceful and a little bit scary at the same time. She's singing about such a pure relationship with the right person for the right reasons, but the atmosphere tells us that it's not going to last. This song really IS a candle in the wind, always at risk of blowing out. The spoken word part is so haunting.Β Television static, was quite overwhelming. Was it because of the cabin and the candles in the wind?Β Absolutely stunning.

Β 

Can we talk about this song and this edit ?:oprah:Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

π‘³π’Šπ’‡π’† π’Šπ’” π’ƒπ’†π’‚π’–π’•π’Šπ’‡π’–π’ 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’šπ’π’– 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

5 minutes ago, DCooper said:
Β  Hide contents

There's something really unsettling about Yosemite. It's both peaceful and a little bit scary at the same time. She's singing about such a pure relationship with the right person for the right reasons, but the atmosphere tells us that it's not going to last. This song really IS a candle in the wind, always at risk of blowing out. The spoken word part is so haunting.Β Television static, was quite overwhelming. Was it because of the cabin and the candles in the wind?Β Absolutely stunning.

Β 

Spoiler

MTE I mean I don't even know how she found this song too happy? It doesn't feel happy

Β 

Damn... Β Not All Who Wander Are Lost is such a grower. I cant stopΒ listening to it now~ It may be my fav with yosemite x,x. WHEN IT WAS ON THE BOTTOM OF MY LIST after the first listen. The more you listen to this the more you like it. Very nostalgic~

Mmeow~

1 minute ago, YosemiteAv said:

Damn... Β Not All Who Wander Are Lost is such a grower. I cant stopΒ listening to it now~ It may be my fav with yosemite x,x. WHEN IT WAS ON THE BOTTOM OF MY LIST after the first listen. The more you listen to this the more you like it.

Spoiler

Just like its sister... Is This HappinessΒ :ma:

Β 

5 hours ago, Rico25 said:
Β  Hide contents

Just like its sister... Is This HappinessΒ :ma:

Β 

RIGHT??? It remainds me of

Spoiler

Β Is This Happiness from UV which I love.

Β 

Edited by Elle
spoiler x

Mmeow~

10 minutes ago, DCooper said:
Β  Hide contents

Β 

Β 

Spoiler

haunting is a great way to describe it– never thought "haunting bongos" could be a thing but lana managed it!

Β 

aOaIzH2.gif

1 minute ago, cinnamongirI said:

why is uv so low..Β 

Β 

None are low. She's my favorite artist and I love all of her albums, so allΒ of them are high in my heart. :)

Spoiler

Has anyone else noticed, or noted here, that at some points in 'Yosemite'--like at 2:38 for example--LDR uses the same strained voice she uses on parts of 'White Dress'? Could that be the point of the whole vocal approach to WD, to tie the album together in that way, even though 'For Free' actually closes the album?Β 

Β 

1 minute ago, cinnamongirI said:
Β  Hide contents

I just don’t think we talk about that jazzy part in dance till we die like.. GENIUSSS

Β 

I already feel like this song is underrated? I love it so much

Just now, past the bushes said:
Β  Hide contents

Β 

Chemtrails Over The Country Club

Honeymoon

Ultraviolence

Paradise

NFR

AKA

Sirens

Lust For LifeΒ 

Born To Die

Β 

giphy.gif

Β 

Spoiler

Omg Chem took the top spot, we love to see it! Also love that your ranked Lizzy & Jailer tooΒ :sass:

Β 

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

I'm a big LFL supporter too, despite some sour tracks.Β 

I love the melodies in LFL and her political activist growth in the lyricism was a reason I became a fan of her (In the past, IΒ listened to what the media said about her re: feminismΒ and deeply regret not listening to her full catalog until a few years ago)

Just now, yourolllikethunder said:
Β  Hide contents

Omg Chem took the top spot, we love to see it! Also love that your ranked Lizzy & Jailer tooΒ :sass:

Β 

Spoiler

I'm still unsure but I've loved it since my first listen, it was tough to move Paradise out of the top 3Β :trisha:

Lizzy and May are so important to the musical universe she has built so I always like to mention themΒ :gurl:

Β 

Capture.jpg

7 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

How I’d rank the albums versus how my Last.fm has logged them in order of most scrobbles to fewest:

Β  Hide contents

Β 

RANKING:

NFR

Chem

LFL (haters, don’t come for me)

UV

HoneymoonΒ 

BTD

Β 

Most Scrobbled to Least:

NFR