Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

If I’m picking old songs that I wouldn’t mind this record conjuring:

Btd: Born to Die

Paradise: Bel Air

UV: West Coast

HM: Terrance Loves You

LfL: Heroin

NFR: Venice bitch

ooh fun! for me:

BTD: carmen

paradise: bel air

UV: the other woman

HM: art deco

LFL: heroin

NFR: FIILY

aOaIzH2.gif

The Instagram silence is a good sign imo. She posted about the book and then back to silence, which might mean she’s working on the record and promo/video.

We must also take into account this Covid shit is likely making things a lot harder in terms of organisation (say shooting for a mv, moving around LÁ which I learn is back on lockdown, people having to come from other parts of the country/world, online communication, finalising shipment details and production in a time when everything could shut down and change like from one day to the next and such) - It might be very time consuming, very risky in terms of money and leave you with not much time to post interesting content on Instagram. I think this is a very challenging time for big artists who have basically seen a big chunk of their income (live shows) cut down. I’m not saying they have it bad though lol I’m sure they’re living their best fcking quarantine life but still I think their team and management have to reassess the whole plan and this could take a long time.

Lana is probably just chilling before the stressful release phase starts. There's no way she's still working on the record, they have to start pressing the vinyl records soon, if they haven't already started. I also believe she has all the MVs/album trailer done. I think for NFR she filmed FILY in December(?), so I'm hoping that we'll get the trailer at some point next month. :pray2:

I genuinely don't think she's lying about the release date, because this album's been in the works for a long time. Any delay will likely be logistical/pandemic related

Lana is probably just chilling before the stressful release phase starts. There's no way she's still working on the record, they have to start pressing the vinyl records soon, if they haven't already started. I also believe she has all the MVs/album trailer done. I think for NFR she filmed FILY in December(?), so I'm hoping that we'll get the trailer at some point next month. :pray2:

She needs to be done 90 days before release. If she keeps going back at it, it could end up that some songs, like FIILY, have differences between digital and physical releases. The 90-day limit was pretty much around the time she started announcing the project and “questioning the culture”. And you’re correct to say that FIILY and the greatest were filmed in December 2018. If there is a high-budget MV for this era, it either was filmed very recently (which I doubt) or before lockdown (which is plausible, in which case, it would mean that the “lead single” was decided a long time ago and didn’t change overtime... unless this is a WM or UV MVs situation).

I genuinely don't think she's lying about the release date, because this album's been in the works for a long time. Any delay will likely be logistical/pandemic related

Knowing California is in lockdown once more, it would make even more sense to have COCC released Sept 4-5, especially if songs like If This Is the End - I Want a Boyfriend and Grenadine Quarantine made it to the cut: it would be very much “the soundtrack to the events”, which is a very good for word of mouth.

I really hope it doesn’t get delayed. I like to agree with most in thinking that Lana will probably relish having to do less promo because she’s trapped in her house, but the label might want otherwise....

I really hope it doesn’t get delayed. I like to agree with most in thinking that Lana will probably relish having to do less promo because she’s trapped in her house, but the label might want otherwise....

Maybe the label and her compromised? She did say it was supposed to be a surprise release, so maybe they “settled” for minimal promo?

I can’t wait to have answers :)

She honestly didn't do that much promo for NFR either and at this point in her career she doesn't really need it. I also feel like her label is giving her quite a lot of freedom, especially after the success that NFR was. Even many people who are not fans will be excited to hear her new project.

I would say 80% chance "chemtrails over the country club" ends up rhyming with "love"

Ah Yes... rhyming

chemtrails over the country club faded into blue when I lost your love or something

I just read a comment on Reddit, that person suggested that COCC might be a country album  :biblio:

I would say 80% chance "chemtrails over the country club" ends up rhyming with "love"

Ah Yes... rhyming

chemtrails over the country club faded into blue when I lost your love or something

good point

That sounds so beautiful. I hope it will be something like this. The more songs about lost love and heartbreak, the better.