Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

“Chemtrails” actually are not real. Airplanes release contrails while flying at high altitudes and when flying at cruising speed. I know a lot about airplanes but I won’t bore any of you with the technical details of jet engines. A handful of people in my family have worked for the airlines so I know about this. There is a conspiracy theory that airplanes release chemtrails as a way of controlling people through dropping these Chemtrails. The issue of Chemtrails is addressed in the recent seasons of The X Files and Stephen King’s The Mist. I think with this title that Lana will be playing on how this society believes things that are not true and how misinformation and conspiracy theories spread of social media. I think she will continue to reflect on these issues of contemporary American life.

I always interpreted the title as a mocking of the many conspiracy theories that state the "elite" are "mind controlling" us through the use of chemicals in the air/water/through cell phone towers; yet these theories fail to point out the fact that those same "elites" would be a victim to their own nefarious deeds (i.e. chemtrails would still exist over the country club; the "elite" method of mind control would harm them too). 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

Starting to doubt the Sep 5th date because on this site https://www.allaccess.com/triple-a/future-releases  lots of artists already have their singles ready to be played in August (which is when Lana should start doing promo for COCC), and there's nothing from her yet which is making me a bit...doubtful

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I always interpreted the title as a mocking of the many conspiracy theories that state the "elite" are "mind controlling" us through the use of chemicals in the air/water/through cell phone towers; yet these theories fail to point out the fact that those same "elites" would be a victim to their own nefarious deeds (i.e. chemtrails would still exist over the country club; the "elite" method of mind control would harm them too).

Bingo! You just hit the nail on the head. That’s what Lana is going after on this record!

Starting to doubt the Sep 5th date because on this site https://www.allaccess.com/triple-a/future-releases  lots of artists already have their singles ready to be played in August (which is when Lana should start doing promo for COCC), and there's nothing from her yet which is making me a bit...doubtful

I don't think this list is a done deal? It's still growing as more and more artists register/release? 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

I don't think this list is a done deal? It's still growing as more and more artists register/release? 

That's possible. I guess all we can do is wait 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I think that Lana's most admirable quality as an artist is how deeply committed she is to her life's work. While BTD and Norman aren't even comparable, you still see a woman that has evolved from the superficial (not saying this as a bad thing, or to look down on BTD at all) to the spirit of the great American poets and songwriters. I am not worried about Chemtrails at all, lyrically speaking. I know that she'll blow it out of the park again, especially considering that the title evokes the strong imagery of her poetry collection. I am more concerned that I don't know what type of soundscape that this album will shape out to be; that she either hasn't covered yet, or that is in her range. If this turns out to be her Folk record, i'll be absolutely ecstatic. Norman was the turning point towards LDR being taken more seriously as an artist and poet.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

honestly i don't even think we'll get a single maybe some snippets at most which seems quite common these days with alternative pop artists

i love you, but you don't understand me.

can we stop speculating that it'll be a country album cause it's starting to convince me  :toofloppy:

I don't think it'll be 100% country, more like a country fusion in the same way LFL was a fusion of ... whatever the fuck that was

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Bingo! You just hit the nail on the head. That’s what Lana is going after on this record!

Basically: we're all going to die :deadbanana:

I don't think it'll be 100% country, more like a country fusion in the same way LFL was a fusion of ... whatever the fuck that was

:lmao:

why i totally think that she believes in the conspiracy theory of chemtrails? she is THAT kind of person to me, who believes some conspiracy theories :noparty:

She's an Aquarius Jupiter so yes  :agree:

why i totally think that she believes in the conspiracy theory of chemtrails? she is THAT kind of person to me, who believes some conspiracy theories :noparty:

Lana doesn’t strike me as someone who believes in conspiracy theories. I think playing on the Chemtrails theory is something she will have fun with as it will confuse people. I think she enjoys creating a mystery which I can totally relate to.

What makes you think we'll get a single? Doubt we'll get any promo at all...

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

seriously shocked we havent gotten a car tease yet.... shes really keeping this lowkey

I don’t think she will be in front of a car this time. I think we will see her in front of an airplane this time since Chemtrails is in the title. I’m hoping we see her in front of a 707 or a DC-8!

seriously shocked we havent gotten a car tease yet.... shes really keeping this lowkey  

good. i wanna be surprised. no snippets this era.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I don’t think she will be in front of a car this time. I think we will see her in front of an airplane this time since Chemtrails is in the title. I’m hoping we see her in front of a 707 or a DC-8!

i was referring to when she teases us with snippets in her car  :hooker:

but YES i do agree, i hope we do get an airplane on the cover. would be very refreshing to see a new mode of transportation. 

edit: now that i think about it... maybe there is relevance to this record with her reposting that pic of her infront of a plane with a typewriter?

i was referring to when she teases us with snippets in her car  :hooker:

but YES i do agree, i hope we do get an airplane on the cover. would be very refreshing to see a new mode of transportation. 

edit: now that i think about it... maybe there is relevance to this record with her reposting that pic of her infront of a plane with a typewriter?

Being an airplane nerd I would love that!