Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

So who's in favour of @@lanadelrey winning the "member of the year" award at the Lipsters this year? I know i am

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I think the album cover either might have been shot since she went blonde or in December because in that clip Charlie posted on his story, the woman we assume is Lana was in a blue convertible like the one Sean has and she was in his car the other day and they were still together at the time. Maybe that car being on the cover is meant to reflect that a lot of the album is about their relationship. And honestly, I’m thinking that one might be the album cover - we know she shoots vids and covers quite early on in the process - Ultraviolence and Honeymoon were the only exceptions where she waited until the record was done, I think.

Born to Die - shot on July 23, 2011 - released Jan 2012

Paradise - shot on March 2, 2012 - released November 2012

Lust for Life - shot on June 30, 2016 - released on July 21, 2017

NFR - shot in February 2019 - released in August 2019

Chemtrails - likely shot in December 2019. They could either photoshop her hair blonde on the cover lol or leave it brunette for continuity purposes with her other album covers.

As for the Nicole rumours, she could have shot the cover in June/early July or some other promo pics. But I think it’s more logical that Chuck shot the cover last December based on past patterns. But we shall see soon!! :)

Hot take, but honestly, I'd be fine with a NFR-style album with country touches (I'm thinking of songs like Pretty Baby and Raise Me Up). 

I think Lana has the talent and vocal style to pull it off.

That said, I randomly thought last night how funny it would be to have a weird ass song like Hey You or Playing Dangerous as a lead single lmao.

Yo, when are we getting the Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant re-release?  :cuteface:

Lana all set to drop the surprise pre order but then checking this thread

tenor.gif

I think the album cover either might have been shot since she went blonde or in December because in that clip Charlie posted on his story, the woman we assume is Lana was in a blue convertible like the one Sean has and she was in his car the other day and they were still together at the time. Maybe that car being on the cover is meant to reflect that a lot of the album is about their relationship. And honestly, I’m thinking that one might be the album cover - we know she shoots vids and covers quite early on in the process - Ultraviolence and Honeymoon were the only exceptions where she waited until the record was done, I think.

Born to Die - shot on July 23, 2011 - released Jan 2012

Paradise - shot on March 2, 2012 - released November 2012

Lust for Life - shot on June 30, 2016 - released on July 21, 2017

NFR - shot in February 2019 - released in August 2019

Chemtrails - likely shot in December 2019. They could either photoshop her hair blonde on the cover lol or leave it brunette for continuity purposes with her other album covers.

As for the Nicole rumours, she could have shot the cover in June/early July or some other promo pics. But I think it’s more logical that Chuck shot the cover last December based on past patterns. But we shall see soon!! :)

That’s way too early. I’d say March of this year.

i want songs that sound like AKA so badly!!!

I need another cinematic slutty bop like Mermaid Motel, it's legit one of her best songs and I ain't joking

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I'm always super excited to hear what the intro sounds like, especially with Lana albums as they always mean something and sum up the entire era. Born to Die had the BIG strings, UV had the grungy guitar, HM had the classical strings, LFL had the soft strumming of a guitar (a little out of context from the album, but still a nice intro) and NFR had the disney strings which were super cute and tied in nicely with the short film, ughhhh - just remember how important those opening instruments always are guys, if we really are listening to this album in FULL for the first time :teehee: :teehee:

I'm always super excited to hear what the intro sounds like, especially with Lana albums as they always mean something and sum up the entire era. Born to Die had the BIG strings, UV had the grungy guitar, HM had the classical strings, LFL had the soft strumming of a guitar (a little out of context from the album, but still a nice intro) and NFR had the disney strings which were super cute and tied in nicely with the short film, ughhhh - just remember how important those opening instruments always are guys, if we really are listening to this album in FULL for the first time :teehee: :teehee:

I'd also love some Burnt Norton-type interludes throughout the album!

I'd also love some Burnt Norton-type interludes throughout the album!

As this is her 6th studio album it would be cool to maybe throw something a little devilish and satanic in there, especially with the theme of this album being the upper class and the elite groups, and the themes of the government and "country clubs" - it kind of gives me a bit of stanley kubrick vibes from "Eyes Wide Shut"

Imagine a track where she is reciting her poetry over her screaming whale high notes and soaring strings with electric guitars flaring in and out, and screams and windows shattering faintly in the background, perhaps having a church quior singing in the back too, and her speaking in reverse in the background as well - it sounds like a mess but wow, that would be intense and epic

Does anyone know what happened to Eclipse? I just wanted to look at his ultrasubversive twitter page, but it's gone.

he started his own discord server if i remember correctly (was advertising it on twitter shortly before the account disappeared)

aOaIzH2.gif