Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I'd rather her do country/folk well and tastefully rather than botched trap and rap features 

she has two rap features in her entire discography and they're both quite good?

but please god no country. personally i want something kind of blues-y in the vein of UV/HM. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

I'd rather her do country/folk well and tastefully rather than botched trap and rap features 

SAME. Country/folk >>>>>>> I wouldn't mind country. For example HBB is a great song buuuuut we all know that It will just sound like NFR - love song etc.

Mmeow~

I still want a surf noir, psychedelic ,electric guitar driven album

I would not complain if we get some songs like Wild On You/ Color Blue, Cherry Blossom, Living Legend & I talk to Jesus but I also want a dark sexy track with heavy beats/drums

But you know what I'm praying for the surf noir, psychedelic, electric guitar driven album

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

violetsbent, on 06 Aug 2020 - 9:38 PM, said:snapback.png

This is how I imagine country Lana's visuals: https://imgur.com/a/0b2KUgP

HAHAH IS THAT REAL OH HELL NO  :hdu:

rip! originally i panicked thinking this was all gonna be country because of the album title but then someone explained that country club was used as a metaphor bc of its power and what not. that being said, they better have been right... if she really goes full country, i'll die

HAHAH IS THAT REAL OH HELL NO  :hdu:

rip! originally i panicked thinking this was all gonna be country because of the album title but then someone explained that country club was used as a metaphor bc of its power and what not. that being said, they better have been right... if she really goes full country, i'll die

Yess it's real & there's more of it. My fave photoshoot of Lana :wub:  :flutter:

When I first heard the name I also associated it with country even though I knew what a Country Club was, but I also reeeeaally don't want country. I'd like Shoegaze/Dreampop but I don't think it's going to happen on COCC.

i dont think country clubs have any connection to "country" tho so we dont have to worry ab that being an indicator. they are literally just clubs for the wealthy to reside together during the day which offers activities and whatnot. mainly associated with suburbs, and usually "country" is not associated with suburbs. idk thats just my guess. oops if im being stereotypical but i associate country with farmland ... so

Maybe COTCC will sound like "We Are Young"  :flutter:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

in my imaginary world this is how my dream COCC tracklist would sound and look, just using lana's old music as a reference point  :flutter:  (note: i want lana to constantly evolve and she doesn't need to "recreate" anything or give us a "2.0" of anything necessarily, but i just find referencing her past music to be an easier way to portray what i mean lmao)

1. an opener with West Coast vibes
  2. the title track that in my dream has For K (Part 2) vibes sonically  :hooker:
  3. a track like Fuck It I Love You but darker in sound
  4. a leisurely, cheeky, lounging track like Doin' Time
  5. sexy Pin-Up Galore vibes
  6. Sad Girl vibes
  7. a trippy ballad kinda like Ultraviolence but with more emphasis on psychedelia
  8. here the album begins to take a darker turn, going from 'country club' to 'chemtrails' - a track here that's like a blend between Art Deco and Venice Bitch would be perfect
  9. atmospheric, intense track, like Summertime Sadness only darker and maybe with more guitar
  10. Mermaid Motel vibes
  11. Kill Kill vibes, only even more sultry
  12. a piano ballad like Hope bc we all know there'll be at least one lmao, and what's a lana record without a tear jerker?
  13. a classic rock inspired "end of the world" anthem like The Greatest

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Unless the title is supposed to double as an inside joke, i doubt the album will be a country album since that really doesn’t fit the “country club” vibe unless it’s a more glitzy posh type country like Loretta Lynn or Dolly Parton. But based on the instrumentals on Violet and the instrumental of Patent Leather Do-Over, I really think we could be heading in a bit more of a surf noir sound direction (maybe it’s just wishful thinking)

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

the issue with lana doing a folk album, which i would be supportive of in theory, is that she would make boring folk because it's so reliant on lyrics that really resonate. She has some beautiful lyrics (ie. hope) and a lot of basic lyrics, but not a lot that resonate well in a folk context

the issue with lana doing a folk album, which i would be supportive of in theory, is that she would make boring folk because it's so reliant on lyrics that really resonate. She has some beautiful lyrics (ie. hope) and a lot of basic lyrics, but not a lot that resonate well in a folk context

Folk-ish album would work as an EP rather than a whole album. Maybe released in the winter, with the warmth of her voice and a couple of layered acoustic guitars. Something small, between two bigger projects. It’ll probably never happen since she never seems to consider releasing an EP at some point (which would make sense for her: it’s easy to tell a short story and be coherent with 4 or 5 songs, and it avoids dragging on a concept that shouldn’t).

I need my hands on the COCC. Where are u COCC?

We are longing and lusting for the COCC.