Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

11 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

And that's what she said she was going to do, drop the album with no (or few) announcements or fanfare. Why expect anything different? She's even given a date. I know she has an incredibly bad record of delays--I've suffered through them too--but this time, probably because of her track record, she's going to drop the album in a professional if very low-key manner. We may get something before, like a track list, album art and/or a single, but if we don't, I'll still expect the album on the early September date. 

It’s true this era she may actually be telling the truth,  but I still think it’s reasonable not to trust her. Because she’s been wrong every other time she mentioned a release date since Ultraviolence, only Interscope or Ben are reliable. She changes her mind a lot on so many things, so with a track record like her’s it’s probably foolish to trust a word she says.   

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

3 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

It’s true this era she may actually be telling the truth,  but I still think it’s reasonable not to trust her. Because she’s been wrong every other time she mentioned a release date since Ultraviolence, only Interscope or Ben are reliable. She changes her mind a lot on so many things, so with a track record like her’s it’s probably foolish to trust a word she says.   

Ben did say new Lana music soon, though, whatever that means. 

22 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Wrong! She gave a different date for Ultraviolence too! However, the date she gave for honeymoon always stayed the same and she kept her word. 

27 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Gluten morgen ladies. I'm awake, refreshed, and having my summer weight-loss breakfast consisting of coffee and grapefruit. As I think about this topic I'm always torn between "it's not always up to Lana, it's her managers/label's decisions" vs. "nah this bish decides her own tracklisting and she blue balled all of us by dangling the Yosemite carrot she never delivered." That being said I don't think it's smart to follow her lead 100%.

Speaking of Yosemite tho...I'm going there for the first time next week and UAK I'mma be looking out for our plaid-shirt kween like two girls wearing the same dress at prom. If I stumble upon her what questions ya'll want me to relay? 

15 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

why are yall so negative. If it was delayed im sure lana would say it. Ben clearly stated that new music coming soon.

If it’s delayed, she will say so around Sept 4-5. And you’re right, we have no indication it won’t be released Sept 4-5.

I think one of the reasons we don’t trust her word, apart from her track record, is that we have nowhere to turn to for some sort of confirmation. NFR’s traumatic pre-release was the same. I guess it’s our PTSD showing. 

I don't think it's a question of her being deceptive on purpose by any means, it's just that grasping the entire process from start to completion and foreseeing potential delays is not her forte. I do think she learned her lesson with NFR, which had the most unprofessional rollout I've ever experienced.  

9 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

If it’s delayed, she will say so around Sept 4-5. And you’re right, we have no indication it won’t be released Sept 4-5.

I think one of the reasons we don’t trust her word, apart from her track record, is that we have nowhere to turn to for some sort of confirmation. NFR’s traumatic pre-release was the same. I guess it’s our PTSD showing. 

it wasnt actually. she never gave a precise date for nfr. but then in june 2019 she said its coming out in 3 months and it did. I dont think she would give us precise date sept 5 if it wasnt confirmed

8 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I don't think it's a question of her being deceptive on purpose by any means, it's just that grasping the entire process from start to completion and foreseeing potential delays is not her forte. I do think she learned her lesson with NFR, which had the most unprofessional rollout I've ever experienced.  

You’re completely right: she is very bad with time. The only reason we will probably get Chemtrails exactly in the 12-13 month timeline she estimated is because of the pandemic, which cleared her schedule of concerts and such. No way we would have had that album that soon otherwise, with two audio and poetry books in the mix.

3 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

it wasnt actually. she never gave a precise date for nfr. but then in june 2019 she said its coming out in 3 months and it did. I dont think she would give us precise date sept 5 if it wasnt confirmed

It’s true she never gave any date for NFR nor LFL until the date was precise. Every time she says “soon” or “in a couple of months” or “top of the year”, it will take longer. Which gives me hope for the Chemtrails release date coming through. 

2 minutes ago, blueskylover said:

I know we are probably not getting them for months but if we get vinyls in wich color would you like the print?

I’m always super bad with the vinyl colour prediction. I’d love a yellow or orange one, but maybe it would look like shit with the cover.