Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

14 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

REVELATION POST INCOMING/REALLY IMPORTANT THEORY so please hear me out; 

Maybe her releasing the album on a Saturday wasn't a miscommunication, but rather an act of rebellion - and symbolic in the sense that it is redemption for Saturday Night Live in 2012, which can be coupled with her Question for the Culture post. Also, with the album's strategic release date being redemptive of SNL, it also ties in with Tulsa Jesus Freak when we interpret redemption as a biblical thing.  Also note Jack tweeting variants of "take the sadness out of Saturday night" - teasing Lana lyrics that deal with her feelings regarding the whole SNL debacle and its unfortunate attribution  to her image early on in her career? The decision to release the album on a Saturday would be really clever on her part for the aforementioned reasons.

Sheridan said "3 days and 4 midnights to go" - maybe that means one thing is coming once 3 days have passed (August 26, 27, 28) and once 4 midnights have occurred (August 26, 27, 28, 29). The album could be coming on Saturday, August 29th then. Sheridan's post made it seem like it was a surprise planned with his use of emojis - what better surprise than an album that Lana said she wanted to release as a surprise! It would also line up with NFR's 1 year anniversary and then qualify for the 2021 Grammy's, which could also be Lana's way of saying that no matter what kind of album she releases, her music is of a very high calibre, which again, relates back to the Question for the Culture. 

Call me delusional (which I probably am), but we know Lana Del Rey loves a good full-circle, super metacognitive and metaphorical moment - well, this could be it!

This is high art, protect it.

4 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

Aw thanks, guys! :blush3: That's so nice <3 I'm just trying to make sense of what little info we have LOL!

A lot of people say that NFR catered to the Grammys but to be completely honest, I don't think her narrative was all that much different in terms of theme compared to her other records - maybe in terms of dominance, but she has always been introspective and somewhat unabashed in speaking her mind, which I love, but I know what you mean. She worked with Jack, who the Grammys love. I think with COTCC, she's really just making music without subconsciously having critical pressure in her ear, which a lot of people speculate she did with LFL and NFR, but I think her releasing it for the Grammy deadline could be a subliminal middle finger (lol) to the Grammys as a means of proving the point that she has been snubbed by them time and time again. If that makes any sense lol. But I'm so excited!

I think the pre-order will still happen but for physicals/vinyls that will come later in the fall!

personally, don't really remember that, but i could see how that'd come up. I do think it's her most contemporary album. BTD was her intro, Paradise. UV flipped. HM dipped in the social perception of LDR, LFL was branching out as she said. NFR, w Jack (I get the production and rep), -'s considered to be, at least by the forum at one point, was her safest. I've posts on the pre and post thread on how vulnerable it was and is, so it was a complete shift for me anyway, kinda like, reading the cadences/background 'stead of focusing on the forefront of the music if that makes sense. NFR has a lot of lyrical points and themes that could reflect off a relationship w pop fame, and if so, was such a huge finger flip to the critics adoring her that time around (gets me thinking of the hbtb outro). it does fit. after to pay them dust imo, but i get what ur saying too.

I still see that gif of her at the awards show when Billie won. it seemed like an ambush. 

COTCC came w the culture post. and- controversy, but i think she meant well and was really happy to be posting about feminism and helping out NatAm's even before things got heated. 
which, personally got me real happy because. BTD was her album cycle that got so much bad rep, even when they didn't even know how she was as an artist yet. niche critics. proven wrong. 
UV vibes bc of the rage. 
HM because of her mastery for sharing what she wants. 
LFL, because things seem broad. 
NFR? Not really sure, but TJF seems to already be getting CG comparisons bc of the lyricism and slight upbeat beats. 

here for it, bc she was emphasizing the need to be able to control and live ur own story, so I wanna know how TJF flips and still connects to those who might wanna and will diss it. 

UV/Honeymoon

25 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Maybe her releasing the album on a Saturday wasn't a miscommunication, but rather an act of rebellion - and symbolic in the sense that it is redemption for Saturday Night Live in 2012, which can be coupled with her Question for the Culture post. Also, with the album's strategic release date being redemptive of SNL, it also ties in with Tulsa Jesus Freak when we interpret redemption as a biblical thing.  Also note Jack tweeting variants of "take the sadness out of Saturday night" - teasing Lana lyrics that deal with her feelings regarding the whole SNL debacle and its unfortunate attribution  to her image early on in her career? The decision to release the album on a Saturday would be really clever on her part for the aforementioned reasons.

Sheridan said "3 days and 4 midnights to go" - maybe that means one thing is coming once 3 days have passed (August 26, 27, 28) and once 4 midnights have occurred (August 26, 27, 28, 29). The album could be coming on Saturday, August 29th then. Sheridan's post made it seem like it was a surprise planned with his use of emojis - what better surprise than an album that Lana said she wanted to release as a surprise! It would also line up with NFR's 1 year anniversary and then qualify for the 2021 Grammy's, which could also be Lana's way of saying that no matter what kind of album she releases, her music is of a very high calibre, which again, relates back to the Question for the Culture. 

Call me delusional (which I probably am), but we know Lana Del Rey loves a good full-circle, super metacognitive and metaphorical moment - well, this could be it!

I hate to be that bitch but we have to remember that it’s Interscope’s not Lana’s decision.

giphy.gif

Just now, Marius12 said:

I hate to be that bitch but we have to remember that it’s Interscope’s not Lana’s decision.

True, but maybe with the critical success of NFR she was given more freedom this time around? And maybe due to the pandemic there's less of a hierarchy in terms of what day is best to release music since people are at home kind of all the time.

22 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Maybe her releasing the album on a Saturday wasn't a miscommunication, but rather an act of rebellion - and symbolic in the sense that it is redemption for Saturday Night Live in 2012, which can be coupled with her Question for the Culture post.

I don't see why she would show an act of rebellion through a release date when she can easily do that in her songs. It just doesn't make sense to me

Personally, I think the Saturday release date is just her way of saying she doesn't care about the sales, promotion, and all of that. I know she's said this in other ways before but I also think since this is her last album in her contract that Saturday release date kind of correlates with that? I haven't put much thought to this so I can't really explain it.

Just now, cinnamongirI said:

I don't see why she would show an act of rebellion through a release date when she can easily do that in her songs. It just doesn't make sense to me

Personally, I think the Saturday release date is just her way of saying she doesn't care about the sales, promotion, and all of that. I know she's said this in other ways before but I also think since this is her last album in her contract that Saturday release date kind of correlates with that? I haven't put much thought to this so I can't really explain it.

I think what you said in the second paragraph kind of points to an act of rebellion, though - the women she mentioned in Question for the Culture sing about the same things as her but get mega sales, chart positions, and promo, etc., according to her, but she doesn't - so her releasing an album on the least conventional day to do so is an act of rebellion. SNL kind of snowballed the general public's negative reception of her so I think it goes hand-in-hand with how your image affects your sales/commercial success, etc. 

regardless. w people being more prone to conducting things online rn than before, sales would still probably be pretty stable, even w the fanbase. 

2 albums trying to work w everyone, I can see how even a day at work or school doing that might be heavy to even have to do. her breaking expectations is more or less a theme in her career, so i can see how that's valid. the insta post in late may carried embers w it, so I wouldn't be surprised. her ref to Kanye in TG's another real example to the theme. 

still standing by the sept 5th date. if at least on her ego, but just to wait til then for the principle. if it's about not wanting to disappoint, album cycles have come n gone and nothing's changed so. indication of a quick release rollout, one snippet, archived. title. that's all we've got and I know a lot of members like it bc of what happened w NFR. 

UV/Honeymoon

11 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I think what you said in the second paragraph kind of points to an act of rebellion, though - the women she mentioned in Question for the Culture sing about the same things as her but get mega sales, chart positions, and promo, etc., according to her, but she doesn't - so her releasing an album on the least conventional day to do so is an act of rebellion. SNL kind of snowballed the general public's negative reception of her so I think it goes hand-in-hand with how your image affects your sales/commercial success, etc. 

I don't know. I figured it was just her ending it on her own terms rather than a rebellion if that makes sense? But yeah I totally get that.

1 minute ago, cinnamongirI said:

I don't know, I thought it was just her ending it on her own terms rather than a rebellion if that makes sense? But yeah I totally get that.

Maybe when I said “rebellion” it carried a more extreme connotation, because I totally agree with what you said about her ending it on her own terms and that’s exactly what I meant :) Not necessarily rebelling, but being more firm in her stance and the Saturday date being a symbol of that , if that makes sense! 

Lanadelrey Dancing GIF - Lanadelrey Dancing GIFs DRINK THIS BODY FROM THE CAN OF GIN

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓎𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒿𝑜𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓇𝒸

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓎 𝒾𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎

6 minutes ago, TheFirstWhoEverDid said:

is there any possibility Sheridan meaning  3 days + 4 nights = stylized as one week ?

That would make 0 sense. 3 days + 4 nights means "in 4 days" in my opinion.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I just had a really crazy thought that probably isn’t true at all

what if the TJF snippet she posted that Charlie was recording is part of the album trailer?? She’s wearing the same clothes as the (suspected) album shoot, and the song kind of just starts, I highly doubt it’s from the start of the song. 

plus she says “record until we get it” and there’s more to the video they ‘got’ than what she posted

"Don’t forget me"

3 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I just had a really crazy thought that probably isn’t true at all

what if the TJF snippet she posted that Charlie was recording is part of the album trailer?? She’s wearing the same clothes as the (suspected) album shoot, and the song kind of just starts, I highly doubt it’s from the start of the song. 

plus she says “record until we get it” and there’s more to the video they ‘got’ than what she posted

This seems really likely! We know they filmed her in those clothes on a camcorder as well because they posted that video with the Quiet Waiter Blue Forever instrumental to Tik Tok on July 31st. My theory is that those scenes were for a music video and they’ll use any outtakes from the video in the album trailer, as Lana has done that with the UV/HM/NFR album trailers! The Paradise album trailer was just outtakes from the Summertime Sadness video as well. 

Just now, plastiscguy said:

I mean... Lana might not give us shit, but at least user @IanadeIrey gives us hope every day :makeup: we won 

Aw! That’s sweet <3

What can I say, I aspire to be LanaBoards’s resident Lana Del Rey :lanahairflip:

1 hour ago, IanadeIrey said:

UM EXCUSE ME WHO IS THIS SORCERER WITH THE GOOD NEWS? :raven: :mj3:

COCCURDAY, AUGUST 29TH CONFIRMED

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47l4o8wiokmxe5520w53