Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Honestly @lanadelrey you’re such a ray of light here! Always trying to stay positive and give hope to everyone. Also, your theories are leaving me speechless, because they make so much sense. It’s been way easier to wait for the album with you around! 

edit: sorry I don’t know how to quote your username :ohno:

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I'm just hoping for any of the following:

1. Pre-order (& or) Tracklist (& or) Album Cover - this weekend [or]

2. Album release Sep. 5 (like specifically mentioned) [or] 
3. A new single within the next week

Just feed me something, mami.

If we have radio silence up to and on Sep. 5 ..... it will not be pretty for my mental state

Just now, FallingCherry said:

Honestly @lanadelrey you’re such a ray of light here! Always trying to stay positive and give hope to everyone. Also, your theories are leaving me speechless, because they make so much sense. It’s been way easier to wait for the album with you around! 

Aw omg, thank you so much! That’s really sweet, everyone here is so nice <3 It’s been fun to be on here with everyone and speculate about the album and how it’s going to be released - regardless if my theories are correct or not, they give me hope for the album and I can only share that with everyone here who loves Lana as much as I do :) 

1 hour ago, IanadeIrey said:

REVELATION POST INCOMING/REALLY IMPORTANT THEORY so please hear me out; 

Maybe her releasing the album on a Saturday wasn't a miscommunication, but rather an act of rebellion - and symbolic in the sense that it is redemption for Saturday Night Live in 2012, which can be coupled with her Question for the Culture post. Also, with the album's strategic release date being redemptive of SNL, it also ties in with Tulsa Jesus Freak when we interpret redemption as a biblical thing.  Also note Jack tweeting variants of "take the sadness out of Saturday night" - teasing Lana lyrics that deal with her feelings regarding the whole SNL debacle and its unfortunate attribution  to her image early on in her career? The decision to release the album on a Saturday would be really clever on her part for the aforementioned reasons.

Sheridan said "3 days and 4 midnights to go" - maybe that means one thing is coming once 3 days have passed (August 26, 27, 28) and once 4 midnights have occurred (August 26, 27, 28, 29). The album could be coming on Saturday, August 29th then. Sheridan's post made it seem like it was a surprise planned with his use of emojis - what better surprise than an album that Lana said she wanted to release as a surprise! It would also line up with NFR's 1 year anniversary and then qualify for the 2021 Grammy's, which could also be Lana's way of saying that no matter what kind of album she releases, her music is of a very high calibre, which again, relates back to the Question for the Culture. 

Call me delusional (which I probably am), but we know Lana Del Rey loves a good full-circle, super metacognitive and metaphorical moment - well, this could be it!

Okay, this sounds TOO good to be true :defeated:

B01C43A7296444A39131F71DB.jpeg&type=jpeg

24 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I mean... Lana might not give us shit, but at least user @IanadeIrey gives us hope every day :makeup: we won 

when the Vietnamese knockoff is better value than the Gucci

nice cocc bro

I'm trying to work out if the collective meltdown when COCC doesn't come out on September 5th will be worse than the whole NFR '31st March' debacle last year :awk:

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

There is something lots of people seem to be overlooking. That TJF snippet looked a lot like she was playing around with the mixing herself ... wasn't that console with the sliders in front of her a mixing board? Idk musical equipment at all, though. 

So maybe the purpose of her showing us that was more as a "I'm workin' on it, bitches ..." post and we all got so excited that we overlooked it.

"Let's keep going until we get it."

And then she deleted it because she felt no one got it and that it created an unrealistic expectation because it's not finished. 

Edited by RormanNockwell
Edited because when I post on my phone it double-spaces everything

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

1 minute ago, RormanNockwell said:

There is something lots of people seem to be overlooking. That TJF snippet looked a lot like she was playing around with the mixing herself ... wasn't that console with the sliders in front of her a mixing board? Idk musical equipment at all, though. 

So maybe the purpose of her showing us that was more as a "I'm workin' on it, bitches ..." post and we all got so excited that we overlooked it.

And then she deleted it because she felt no one got it and that it created an unrealistic expectation because it's not finished. 

Fuck this is gonna be bad 

32 minutes ago, LanaBoi said:

I'm trying to work out if the collective meltdown when COCC doesn't come out on September 5th will be worse than the whole NFR '31st March' debacle last year :awk:

They will be, because this time she gave us the date herself. Both in a video and in the text. If it's postponed and she really decides not to talk about it at all after specifically announcing the date, then the backlash will be huge (and justified).

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

21 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

i feel like she deletes/archives snippets a lot though and it doesn't really mean anything 

sgopYhV.gif

So, back to manifesting girlies and ratties :illumilana:

Cover and preorder announcement today and preorder tomorrow!! We’re about to get FED! Mama Rey’s coming with the good COCC yuh yuh wbk wbk we just can’t but WINNING!

A5719-C92-7-F9-D-4-E04-B14-B-81-E0-FDC37

Lanarat.png

8 minutes ago, JehovahThikness said:

i feel like she deletes/archives snippets a lot though and it doesn't really mean anything 

Agree, but it doesn't negate the rest ... can anyone confirm if that's a mixing board in front of her in that snippet? Because I'm dumb

17 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

Agree, but it doesn't negate the rest ... can anyone confirm if that's a mixing board in front of her in that snippet? Because I'm dumb

But why would she sit around in her photoshoot-outfit (we all know her casual looks are not that glam) and get filmed while mixing? Maybe the album visuals revolve around her being in charge of her music beibg created, would fit the message of the "call for the culture" rant.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

33 minutes ago, Electric Body said:

But why would she sit around in her photoshoot-outfit (we all know her casual looks are not that glam) and get filmed while mixing? Maybe the album visuals revolve around her being in charge of her music beibg created, would fit the message of the "call for the culture" rant.

Idk maybe she just felt like dressing up?

Anyway, let's see if anything happens tomorrow ... if it's actually music that's dropping Saturday 0:00, then New Zealand has 3.5 hours to go

3 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

Idk maybe she just felt like dressing up?

Anyway, let's see if anything happens tomorrow ... if it's actually music that's dropping Saturday 0:00, then New Zealand has 3.5 hours to go

I see it being worldwide release tbh. Taylor does this everytime. And this is better for a surprise release because they know that we rip off everything. 

giphy.gif

I just don't understand why her hair stylist felt the need to send all of her fans into freak out mode if nothing is coming. It doesn't make sense to me. Something's gonna happen.

:pray2::pray2::pray2::pray2::pray2::pray2:

1 minute ago, Marius12 said:

I see it being worldwide release tbh.

She rarely does that, although she did with Looking for America which was a "surprise" drop, so maybe.

I've been here for such a long time (even though I only have about 400 posts, mostly lurking) and I can't believe how I'm still glued to my screen every single time, looking for hints, scrolling these pre-release threads whenever Miss Del Rey decides to play her little "Make them wait for it" game with us. Not gonna lie, I love it just as much as I hate not knowing what's going on and what's gonna happen. :whatever: