Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

let's be real, something really shifted during tropico, we haven't been messyless since! maybe even before that, with the allegedly cancellation of cola single. we stan a messy ass ho :ma:

i think it's definitely more of a new generation Lana stan mentality to care about her streaming numbers and stats but ok lol

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, PARADIXO said:

Actually the least meltdown-inducing era was Lust for Life. The rollout was seamless and very well-planned (except for the moment nobody knew when the album was actually coming out). Everyone seemed to love the music, the looks, the photoshoots, etc. The only times I remember the era being controversial among stans were:

Tracklist reveal with the multiple featured artists ("I want Lana only!")

Album cover reveal ("Photoshopped, fake smile, etc.")

Adidas outfits.

Later on the era she served vocals, beauty, acclaim, success, relevancy, Grammy nomination and even had her haute couture moment at the Met Gala and other events.

this!! i can't understand how people complain so much about that era, it was pretty good imo. it also did well on the charts, it's a win win

Just now, PARADIXO said:

Actually the least meltdown-inducing era was Lust for Life. The rollout was seamless and very well-planned (except for the moment nobody knew when the album was actually coming out). Everyone seemed to love the music, the looks, the photoshoots, etc. The only times I remember the era being controversial among stans were:

Adidas outfits.

Later on the era she served vocals, beauty, acclaim, success, relevancy, Grammy nomination and even had her haute couture moment at the Met Gala and other events.

I feel like now YOU are the one with the rose colored glasses. LFL was much worse than UV for example.

The huge time-gaps because of the leak, the major uncertainty about the release date and her infamous "fam"-post, the lack of a cohesive visual style, the singles being on the downside for many people, Coachella, Roses Bloom For You, her talking about US politics for the first time ...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

2 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

I feel like now YOU are the one with the rose colored glasses. LFL was much worse than UV for example.

The huge time-gaps because of the leak, the major uncertainty about the release date and her infamous "fam"-post, the lack of a cohesive visual style, the singles being on the downside for many people, Coachella, Roses Bloom For You, her talking about US politics for the first time ...

Wait can You go more into detail about the “fam” post. I don’t remember that part

All I wanna do is get high by the beach

15 hours ago, Contemplating God said:

where is @IanadeIrey to get us through this tough time 

I'm here now! I missed all the craziness of White Dress not being released and it seems like the aftermath of that has settled down, so I'll just say YAY to there only being 21 days left until the whole album is released, and probably a week or two until White Dress!

I could totally see her putting the single out on the 5th or 12th, and then maybe the video during the week of March 15th-19th! Either way, everything is coming soon so "look how [we] got this :oic:" - let's just keep trudging on! <3

Just now, UltraviolenceMike said:

Wait can I go more into detail about the “fam” post. I don’t remember that part

We had 0 official announcements about the time of the official release and were all set for a certain fake-date in May (?) and then she posted "21 July fam" out of the blue, crashing all hopes.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

1 minute ago, Thunder Corpse said:

We had 0 official announcements about the time of the official release and were all set for a certain fake-date in May (?) and then she posted "21 July fam" out of the blue, crashing all hopes.

queen of posting dates when will white dress :oic: (seriously, WHEN???)

13 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Adidas outfits.

Didn't we think it was coming out on May 26th or something, and then the meltdowns at "july 21 fam" :deadbanana:

32 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

LOL, not exactly directed to you, but why does everyone have some kind of Mandela effect on the Honeymoon era? Those few months were full of meltdowns.

First the title track, lots of people hated it.

Everyone was trashing her hair, outfits and body.

Then High by the Beach, 50% loved it, 50% were like "Omg she sold out! A trap song? Not on my watch!"

HBTB MV too, that caused a lot of heated discussion.

Then the incredibly meltdown-inducing artwork that nobody liked.

Music to Watch Boys To was the only moment we stood together.

And finally the album came out and many were in doubt, others were "unstanning" and others loved it.

I wasn’t an active member here, maybe this is why I thought it was an « event less » era haha! I liked the rollout of the whole album over a short period of time, being all about the music. But when I really began spending time here, in the LFL era, I was kinda surprised that many at the time thought it was a snooze fest... only for them to come back to it after LFL and really dig it. 

4 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

WHO CARES ABOUT WHITE DRESS THE REAL QUESTION IS: WHERE IS THE ALBUM TRAILER?!

Album trailer with LMLYLAW, COCC and White Dress snippets arriving next week and then White Dress on the 12th :noir:

Throwback to last week when ‘insiders’ said they were going to leak the whole album today.

thank god they didn’t. I can’t believe we only have 21 days! (It’s gonna be less for sure because it always leaks a week or so early! (So only about 15-20 days away!))

"Don’t forget me"

14 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

Ugh that post and attitude she had really pissed me off at the time

tenor.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

4 minutes ago, Dragon said:

how dare you. but yes where is the trailer fMXZKSC.gif

i still care about white dress but we'll hear her w the album no matter what soooo the album trailer is more important rn :hottie:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose