Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

White Dresses Are Dangerous Things To Have - But Me and My Friends Have Many 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Clampigirl said:

Please, no more countdowns until Lana actually says something herself. :icant:

Honestly....you might have a point. THis week took WAY too long for nothing, all because of the countdowns. :derpna3:

Just now, honeybadger said:

she's in a whole different world he can't even come close he's irrelevant :gurl: 

The way you spilled

tenor.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

1 minute ago, Clampigirl said:

Please, no more countdowns until Lana actually says something herself. :icant:

No more getting hopes up over random websites either :thumb2:

"Don’t forget me"

I'm not worried about Dustbin Beaver tbh. Lana has shown time and time again that she simply cannot be outshined by any 'major' artist :tommy:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

2 hours ago, rabbit said:

She definitely sounded a little uncertain about it in multiple parts of her Mojo interview. 

“She says she finds listening to the new album ‘a fight’, conceding that she’s offering a pre-emptive critique. ‘It wasn’t so much that I though the songs fantastically fit together with like seamless, sun kissed production -- but, you know, there’s a life lived there.”

Also the way she spoke about her vocals in White Dress. But, as the magazine stated right after, and Lana agreed with, the ‘not great’ vocals on the chorus absolutely fit the tone and message of the song. 

It just seems she’s nervous about the content of the record, and the way it will be received after the widespread success and ease of Norman. It’s her easiest album to get into, and provided a taste of that success and praise she didn’t get before. Though, she said in the interview that she felt people were into the record, not necessarily into her as an artist. The Mojo article gives great insight to the assumed nervousness/paranoia she has after years of being discredited and mocked publicly. Understanding how that’s affected her self-perception (idk if it has, but I think it would) and her art is important to understanding her as an artist and human. I do hope that one day she won’t feel like she has to bring it up during interviews, because to some extent it keeps it alive and fresh into each era, among other things.

Based on what we know and what the interviews show us, Chemtrails is going to be an emotional stunner, raw and unexpected, the same way UV was after BTD. Seriously cannot wait!! :wub: March 19th please get here quickly :crying4:

WOW JUST WOW. 

THIS IS PERFECTLY WRITTEN I CANNOT GET OVER IT

lights, camera, acción

3 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

Honestly....you might have a point. THis week took WAY too long for nothing, all because of the countdowns. :derpna3:

I'm just tired of reading 20-50 countdown a day while keeping an eye on the thread and I don't understand how they can be funny after a while. :icant:

3 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

No more getting hopes up over random websites either :thumb2:

Now that's something that can be fun to me. :et::slayty:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

2 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

I love a polarizing track. I knew it would be a song that divides when she described it as "squeaking." We love to see it.

i love art & music that is polarizing, experimental, etc. so this is really promising! i think the squeaky "no great" vocal work is going to amazing, and imagine if the track's vibe is similar to the outro of cotcc, something melodic and ghostly...

i knew it this entire time... white dress WILL be her magnum opus :oprah3:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Just now, Bunny Mozart said:

I'm not worried about Dustbin Beaver tbh. Lana has shown time and time again that she simply cannot be outshined by any 'major' artist :tommy:

They are honestly in different categories. Pop is always the best seller. 

Plus NFR peaked at number 3... but is her fastest album to reach 1B on Spotify.
Don't know how well Chemtrails will do though. The fact that it's Norman's little sister helps, but the singles don't have that much appeal for massive streaming from the GP. 

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Anyone else getting that lovely warm and nostalgic feeling just before spring starts, and you feel your energy start to shift and perspective starts to change and there's just an overall positive and lightness in the air around you, it's like your body preparing for the summer, feels like a perfect time, and its so nice that we're almost getting a new Lana album.

Spring is the perfect time for her to release, especially March

Yes but its probably my new meds :hooker:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

3 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i love art & music that is polarizing, experimental, etc. so this is really promising! i think the squeaky "no great" vocal work is going to amazing, and imagine if the track's vibe is similar to the outro of cotcc, something melodic and ghostly...

i love when you speak you're always so right :hair: the taste

i can't wait for trembling, heartbreaking squeaky vocals, bright, light, beautiful, hints of darkness and damage, white dress waitress innocence and childhood mixed with tinges of herself now, funeral of little lizzy, or perhaps a celebration, the reckoning of her past and emergence with the present, time and reconciliation type beat

sUcVobB.png

2 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

Hmm, I always expect her intro songs to be fantastic but I usually think other tracks on the albums are better, I think there'll be a song or two on COCC that will surprise us greatly. :flutter: Like Yosemite. <3

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

4 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

Absolutely :oprah: and especially something more out of the box as an opening track

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, honeybadger said:

i love when you speak you're always so right :hair: 

i can't wait for trembling, heartbreaking squeaky vocals, bright, light, beautiful, hints of darkness and damage, white dress waitress innocence and childhood mixed with tinges of herself now, funeral of little lizzy, or perhaps a celebration, the reckoning of her past and emergence with the present, time and reconciliation type beat

we're going to hear something NUANCED, it's going to be DETAILED, it's going to be UNIVERSAL... INTRICATE, COMPLICATED, SURREAL, AUTHENTIC, BEAUTIFUL! 

a white dress, the blonde trailer park waitress at ruby tuesday's, the ghost of lizzy's past, the wedding gown of lizzy's future, a cloudy sky in the autumn, where she'll write about the mysterious "k"... the gas station... the west coast... and her bartender, but she won't ask for white wine, she'll just ask for cherry cola instead... :trisha: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

RAT BIEBER. Hoping he doesnt get the salesssss. Want him to tankkkkkk.

I mean Katy's smile sold only 55k... Justin <100k plss. Who even listens to him??? 

Also dont they go to the same church and are friends? 

Hope she pushes him during their next visit and he falls down and has to delay the album due to it.

Anyway Lanz would pull the same numbers, with or without Mustin (if not more since some fans will buy/stream more because of the competition)... that's what matter to the label, regardless from the spot on the chart (of course the number 1 spot would be great promo, but still)

Lanarat.png

Why is her management so shitty ??? Like for real. Last time they didnt realize they were releasing so close to taylor and tool. Now justin. Thankfully it's not Adele.

Ben just wants Dua to succeed :( milking off FN.(club future nostalgia shouldnt even exist).

5 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

RAT BIEBER. Hoping he doesnt get the salesssss. Want him to tankkkkkk.

I mean Katy's smile sold only 55k... Justin <100k plss. Who even listens to him??? 

Also dont they go to the same church and are friends? 

Hope she pushes him during their next visit and he falls down and has to delay the album due to it.

This is so chaotic and I'm here for it

tumblr_m8euyeT3r41rqzt90o1_500.gif