Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

8 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

RAT BIEBER. Hoping he doesnt get the salesssss. Want him to tankkkkkk.

I mean Katy's smile sold only 55k... Justin <100k plss. Who even listens to him??? 

Also dont they go to the same church and are friends? 

Hope she pushes him during their next visit and he falls down and has to delay the album due to it.

he's probably mad lana isnt attending this home of phobic church anymore 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

the reason why i want to wait until March 19 to listen to white dress (though it's not like she's giving us much of a choice at the moment) is because i feel like it's going to be a strong track, that hits deep, almost shocking. and i think the album is meant to be discovered with that initial shock as an introduction

so long as release and rollout isn't affected we'll be fine. This might sound a bit mean but it's just objective. I don't really see his songwriting or style having improved or changed all that much dynamically. which is a shame bc I really do think his voice is unique and nice to listen to.

the music's on different measurements and tiers. but it's best not to underestimate teenage hormones. he's a household name like it or not. 

the wait's been lowkey taxingly nauseating. we've a song teased thru social media. a supposed date that's being disproved by the minute. video of said song. an album trailer of some sort expected thru album rollout tradition. and of course the album. 2 days til march. 19 from there. 

the music's been phenomenal, which ironically can make the wait even harder. 

we'll be ok. 

UV/Honeymoon

As of today, what is the general consensus (if any) on the release of the White Dress music video+single since it wasn’t released today?

I feel like a March 12th release would make the most sense, but what do you all think? Any other potential date candidates?

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

3 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

As of today, what is the general consensus (if any) on the release of the White Dress music video+single since it wasn’t released today?

I feel like a March 12th release would make the most sense, but what do you all think? Any other potential date candidates?

Anything goes. March 12 seems like the «limit» in my head. But between Monday and the 12th, everything seems plausible (I don't know why we are still looking for a Friday release when she doesn't have a pattern).

why does this even matter, sales are so boring, lana doesn't even need to promote and she does well anyway, her fan base is strong

she isnt about gaining a large number of new listeners, her fan base is huge and devoted, even if every single pop star released on the same day as her, she is still going to have a huge number of streams because of her dedicated fan base, i dont understand why its so important that she goes number 1, i dont know how much more clear she can make it that she simply does not give a flying fuck about her sales and neither should you

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Just now, Terrence Loves Me said:

why does this even matter, sales are so boring, lana doesn't even need to promote and she does well anyway, her fan base is strong

she isnt about gaining a large number of new listeners, her fan base is huge and devoted, even if every single pop star released on the same day as her, she is still going to have a huge number of streams because of her dedicated fan base, i dont understand why its so important that she goes number 1, i dont know how much more clear she can make it that she simply does not give a flying fuck about her sales and neither should you

And like, Justin releasing isn’t going to change her sales or make them dramatically lower. So what is the difference between 100k and debuting at #1 or 100k and debuting at #2 or 3 :rip: 

So both Lana and Justin are releasing on March 19th, which is also St. Joseph’s day, whose the patron saint of work.... yeah, Justin’s not getting that number one. :eartha: If we wanna be extra certain though, I’m sure there’s spells or prayers we can do to invoke St. Joseph for assistance. :illumilana: :pray2: Sorry, it’s been a witchy morning.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

13 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

March 5th, the og COCC release date

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

I think it's important bc of marketing execs and how that might affect her future releases. Personally? I don't care either so long as the quality is there, but because she is in a stable position of fame/ under a label, these factors need to be at least considered from the business side of things. 

that being said, time'll treat her music well. and I'm thinking others just want her album up there to be proud of her and there's nothing much wrong w that imo. 

UV/Honeymoon

Okay so who was the first Lana stan IG to compile that list of the "premiere times" for White Dress? Y'all gotta stop that. Got thousands of people on IG disappointed.

TInfoiling and imagining on LBs here is perfectly fine, that's what these boards are for! So in no way am I meaning this negative. But don't post something official on IG if you don't know for sure. I definitely didn't stay up till 2am waiting for it.

I do want to note that some IG's did say "allegedly" it was coming out at those times, but there were severals that said it's for sure, and just got a lot IG fans all hyped up.

We can be delulu here all we want but please do not post false information on IG without proof. It was sad to see how many people fell for it bc I know how they feel rn. PTSD from the 4 times Lana changed her album date.

Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angels 

11 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I think it's important bc of marketing execs and how that might affect her future releases. Personally? I don't care either so long as the quality is there, but because she is in a stable position of fame/ under a label, these factors need to be at least considered from the business side of things. 

that being said, time'll treat her music well. and I'm thinking others just want her album up there to be proud of her and there's nothing much wrong w that imo. 

well said. It sure affects her creative process and the control she gets over the next album. No way she could have pulled a Honeymoon if UV hadn't been  success. And because LFL was successful, she had all the creative liberty to pull NFR. That being said, though, I don't know they stand now with her. I wouldn't be surprised if she «had» to release a big single, not in the context of an album, just for her to have a success. Don't Call Me Angel is the only reason I don't hate the the song: it gave her some success while not compromising any album with a song out of context. 

1 hour ago, sweetcinnamoncherry said:

omg mine is March 12th too! And same, I want it as soon as possible haha 

Yaassss birthday sis! Pisces season is going to be an amazing time for us! :smokes:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

I personally think y'all are being way, way too presumptuous about this whole creative output thing. Yes, Interscope is a business. Yes, they want all of their artists to have commercial success. But you're acting like she's some sort of label puppet who will have no creative input at all after a lowkey release. She's a legend, her debut record is one of the most successful female albums of all time, and they know she has a loyal fanbase who will pretty much buy anything she puts out which gives her room to just drop albums such as Honeymoon and Chemtrails every once in a while. If they don't see her vision, she puts up a fight for it (Ultraviolence). 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.