Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Just now, annedelrey said:

I mean albums usually are released with a Big budget video so im thinking that

Yes, same! Doin Time’s video was released on the 29th, just 12 hours before the entirety of NFR came out so I’m thinking this as well. 

1 minute ago, HighbytheSea said:

You know I was literally thinking this but if she formally announced it the next day wouldn't that make it 19 days? And is it my understanding that she mentions 19 in the lyrics? Or is that just one of you chaotic gremlins making my day? ;) ugh the theories! Let them commence!

ooh, this would be a fun little Easter egg! I’m excited! <3 

That teaser has to be the into to the video right?

the screen going black after that introduction to the song starting would be a whole serve :defeated:

"Don’t forget me"

6 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I wonder if her posting the teaser today in particular means that the video is coming in 20 days, on the same day as the album? Not that it particularly means anything but she posted the teaser for the Chemtrails video 20 days before it came out! 

you might be right.... earlier i was thinking that she posted the (1st) white dress teaser on the 6th, and 20 days from then = feb 26th.

obviously nothing happened then :awkney: but it'd make sense that she'd release it 20 days from THIS (2nd) teaser!! but would she then release the video-less single beforehand

sUcVobB.png

4 minutes ago, boom like that said:

The only way Yosemite could be sorta bad is if the printer paper had already made its entrance in the studio when it was recorded

Get out of my blood, photo copy paper :oprah:

yosemite recorded in 2016 before her obsession with printer paper taped to microphrone trend so we're in the clear

3 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

you might be right.... earlier i was thinking that she posted the (1st) white dress teaser on the 6th, and 20 days from then = feb 26th. but obviously nothing happened then :awkney: but it'd make sense that she'd release it 20 days from THIS (2nd) teaser!! but would she then release the video-less single beforehand

I’m wondering this too! Maybe the single on the 5th or 12th? But lately she’s released singles alongside their respective videos so I think by precedent of the releases for this album cycle, it’s most likely that the video and single will be released together - especially because the only announcements of the song via social media have been video-related teasers! 

13 minutes ago, salvatore said:

anyone who speaks down on yosemite's name i hope you suffer great losses and i hope dealer never comes out fucking ever i cannot believe my eyes switching like f______ in this thread you'll learn to respect the elders of her discography the greats the classics 

3zseYFf.jpg

I was laughing and liked this post but had to snatch my like back once the deep normality settled over me that you said you hoped dealer never came out cause oh no ?

Just now, White Dress said:

Some of y’all are doing too much. Ole girl probably will drop the song when the stars tell her to, whether that’s tomorrow or next month 

Every time I try to assign some logical coherency to her releases, I remember that this is Lana and she excels and unpredictability—keeps us on our toes lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

4 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Every time I try to assign some logical coherency to her releases, I remember that this is Lana and she excels and unpredictability—keeps us on our toes lol

tbh that's part of why i love her... sometimes it gets out of hand... but we'll never stop theorizing as much as we want while knowing that we'll be wrong 99% of the time :thumb:

sUcVobB.png

13 minutes ago, salvatore said:

yosemite recorded in 2016 before her obsession with printer paper taped to microphrone trend so we're in the clear

she may have done another vocal take tho you never know

Watching the White Dress teaser more closely and maybe everyone else noticed it too, but I think in this screenshot below, we can see a trailer park in the background! She’s really going all the way there with the references to her life in 2007/2008 :wub: truly a full-circle moment, wow :oprah:

8-B6-D788-D-3-C01-4-EC8-AD35-41932-F481-

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

Watching the White Dress teaser more closely and maybe everyone else noticed it too, but I think in this screenshot below, we can see a trailer park in the background! She’s really going all the way there with the references to her life in 2007/2008 :wub: truly a full-circle moment, wow :oprah:

8-B6-D788-D-3-C01-4-EC8-AD35-41932-F481-

you can also see a "chemtrail" in the sky when she (is it weird to say "she" when its not lana?) is rollerskating!

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Just now, ArtDecoDelRey said:

you can also see a "chemtrail" in the sky when she (is it weird to say "she" when its not lana?) is rollerskating!

Yes, I also noticed that too!  I really think it’s clear now that the “chemtrails” represent the turmoil she’s talked about in interviews (to Annie Mac she said she doesn’t find it hard to be good in the midst of all the bad) and in the IG caption when she put up the album cover (“there’s always turmoil and upheaval and in the midst of it - there’s always beautiful music”). It’s so cool to see how she’s going to address these anxieties that loom over and linger throughout our lives and the work we put into it to push through. I’m seriously so excited!  

20 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Yes this.

No one should ever be disappointed or mislead. We should all know better by now.   :eyeroll2:

1 hour ago, IanadeIrey said:

Yes, I also noticed that too!  I really think it’s clear now that the “chemtrails” represent the turmoil she’s talked about in interviews (to Annie Mac she said she doesn’t find it hard to be good in the midst of all the bad) and in the IG caption when she put up the album cover (“there’s always turmoil and upheaval and in the midst of it - there’s always beautiful music”). It’s so cool to see how she’s going to address these anxieties that loom over and linger throughout our lives and the work we put into it to push through. I’m seriously so excited!  

Love this. Chemtrails as the physical manifestation of the hidden turmoils of our lives, that can rain invisibly down on even the most cherished family moment. Magnum. Opus.

6 minutes ago, HighbytheSea said:

Love this. Chemtrails as the physical manifestation of the invisible turmoils of our lives, that can rain invisibly down even the most cherished family moment. Mangum. Opus.

So well-said, my friend! I really love what this record’s narrative is shaping up to be so far. I always felt like Lana was really spot-on when it came to making social commentary through her music (even if it appeared to be solely autobiographical in some of her earlier records, but I believe that she’s always woven some sort of grander message into her experiences). While we can conclude this by reading between the lines and not so much what she’s word-for-word saying, I love how she seems to be exploring womanhood, the legacy of familial bonds - regardless of how they are - and staying strong in the midst of tension by centering yourself into the things that are important to you. I think we’ll see the latter bit on Dance Till We Die in particular!

5 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

The way you’re absolutely right :defeated::defeated:

it feels like a more powerful expression of the mindset she had during 2016/2017 (when the world was at war before, we just kept dancing) and she really progressed on that in The Greatest, focusing in on the turmoil, and now we have a whole album full of it. 

She used a word, I can’t remember what it was, and said that she’s always seen the crashing of the world. She said she’s hyper aware of what’s happening 

I’m so excited!!

"Don’t forget me"