Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I LOVE Yosemite, but it is not what I expected to sound like at all. It's so ominous. 

:pls: 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

10 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Omg chocolate, I'll buy right now

:brows3:

got something you need to tell us? 

sorry abt that guys x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just now, Contemplating God said:

Hide contents

I LOVE Yosemite, but it is not what I expected to sound like at all. It's so ominous. 

Spoiler

yet another example of why we should always take what she described her songs as and imagine them sounding literally the exact opposite

like does she have ears that work or no

Just now, littleredpartydress said:
  Hide contents

yet another example of why we should always take what she described her songs as and imagine them sounding literally the exact opposite

like does she have ears that work or no

Her describing Honeymoon as future retro jazz tea :eartha:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I am so, so sorry for

Spoiler

not appreciating TJF earlier today. It's finally getting dark here so I listened to it while driving inland on the bridge over the bay... listening to it in the context of the sky turning to night and watching the lights reflect on the water just :trisha: I am a TJF stan!

Spoiler

I will say I was initially so let down by NFR but then it became one of my faves. I think this album has a lot of room to grow. It's hard to judge how I feel by only 1 listen (and I skipped some songs), so I'm still hopeful.

1 minute ago, Contemplating God said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

LMFDSGMLG:KFD did she not say it was too happy for LFL..... ??????????????? if she needs an ear checkup i can do one for her.... i also wonder if there's a demo version :sass:

sUcVobB.png

Just now, whitelungswhitepalms said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yosemite’s guitar sounds like it could be in siren. Loving everything 

Spoiler

WAIT omfg you're so right... does anyone know the chord progression i'm bad at that... but sirens was literally based around the same like 4 chords so it'd be incredible if yosemite was too

sUcVobB.png

This album honestly has everything I've ever wanted in a Lana album (and doesn't have the stuff I don't want, dddd). The jazzy, meandering vibes of the first 3 songs. Another Venice Bitch-like track (White Dress). A song that never stops shifting and changing (DBJAG). Acoustic, Lou Reed/The Velvet Underground-influenced bops (Not All Who Wander Are Lost), stacked harmonies (Wild at Heart), more John Frusciante guitar (all over), influence from the Violet instrumentals, a song that reminds me of Springsteen (Dance 'Til We Die). The raw, loose production with random talking and studio noise. 

Idk. COCC is the perfect length. No songs made for radio. It just all sounds so lived in, and warm, and vulnerable, and adventurous at the same time. It's definitely the most 'Lizzy Grant' album yet. I just feel really connected to her vision with this album, and where she's going :toofunny: :poordat: :gclap:. I deleted all my files since I've already listened to the album like 5 times. But I'm just so happy with this. I still need her to give us White Dress before the 19th because I can't wait to hear it again.

Spoiler

Yosemite is witchy:ma:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Just now, honeybadger said:

Hide contents

LMFDSGMLG:KFD did she not say it was too happy for LFL..... ??????????????? if she needs an ear checkup i can do one for her.... i also wonder if there's a demo version :sass:

She really is DEAF when it comes to her own music. Describing NFR as "Red Hot Chili Peppers," which was NO WHERE to be found 

:bebe: we did it for all the right reasons....:bebe:

Spoiler

For Free is already growing on me...such a beautiful cover:wowcry:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Spoiler

the intro of BUS really reminds me of something... i used to be in a band when i was like 11-12 that was led by a middle aged man so it's something in that genre of music :hype:– maybe say it ain't so by weezer?? it feels so familiar in a good way

sUcVobB.png