Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 minute ago, Lustformoney said:
  Hide contents

btw white dress grew on me n now im obsessed:wowcry: it was a skip at the beginning

Spoiler

One of her best songs ever, imho

1 minute ago, Brooklynbaby said:

Hide contents

I haven’t listened to the leak I’m waiting till the 19th but overall how are you guys finding it? 

Spoiler

Totally a grower, I stan so hard

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

'White Dress' is undeniably 

Spoiler

the highlight of the record for me. It's right up there with some of her saddest songs (which always happen to be about her younger years - yayo, old money, ride) - it might be a grower for some but whatever slander it might get for the high pitched vocals, it's only going to be the tasteless locals. White Dress and Yosemite honestly came through and ended me. I ALSO love how Jack rearranged For Free! The way he stumped on the piano keys in songs like The Greatest or MAC was horrific but here he tinkles the keys so beautifully! ( I can see how songs like TJF would be fan favourites but for me the Holy Trinity of Chemtrails is White Dress - Yosemite - For Free. )

Breaking Up Slowly : it had such great potential to be a moody, folk number if only Jack had used some deep live drums and percussions and maybe an electric guitar solo; instead it's just left to itself and it's a huge missed opportunity imo. Lana still has the gift of melody but Jack's work with her is often hit or miss. Some things are good (I loved all of Violet), other things are super weird (why do DTWD and TJF end so abruptly? and what's with that horrific audio tune?). Finally, DBJAG: this will probably be a fan favourite too. I hated it. NOT the song itself (although it's just very meh to me)  but it just doesn't belong in the album sonically like, AT ALL. 

I'm still finding it hard to rank the songs outside of the triad I mentioned above and the last two places that go to LMLYLAW and DBJAG. 

Hide contents

I haven’t listened to the leak I’m waiting till the 19th but overall how are you guys finding it? 

But.....why is your post in a spoiler if you haven't listened to it or have anything to spoil....?:awkney:

Just now, Redhydrangeas99 said:
  Hide contents

Totally a grower, I stan so hard

Spoiler

I’m so glad I’ve seen people on Twitter with completely different opinions on it so I thought you guys would be the best to ask haha 

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

Spoiler

The way she sings “down at the men in music business conference” has literally been playing in a loop in my head since I first heard it. I can’t stop thinking about it. 

Just now, Lentilus said:

But.....why is your post in a spoiler if you haven't listened to it or have anything to spoil....?:awkney:

I have no idea haha I’m new here I only usually read ?

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

1 minute ago, Lentilus said:

I thought the same but I let it happen :lmao: 

2 minutes ago, domandapiano said:
  Hide contents

The way she sings “down at the men in music business conference” has literally been playing in a loop in my head since I first heard it. I can’t stop thinking about it. 

Spoiler

It's jarring on the first listen but now I think of it really fondly. I love it, actually

I have no idea haha I’m new here I only usually read ?

Awww, well in that case, welcome!!:welcome: your post becomes instantly iconic. :smile4:

3 minutes ago, Chestnut Fox Sexy Jesus said:

'White Dress' is undeniably 

Reveal hidden contents

the highlight of the record for me. It's right up there with some of her saddest songs (which always happen to be about her younger years - yayo, old money, ride) - it might be a grower for some but whatever slander it might get for the high pitched vocals, it's only going to be the tasteless locals. White Dress and Yosemite honestly came through and ended me. I ALSO love how Jack rearranged For Free! The way he stumped on the piano keys in songs like The Greatest or MAC was horrific but here he tinkles the keys so beautifully! ( I can see how songs like TJF would be fan favourites but for me the Holy Trinity of Chemtrails is White Dress - Yosemite - For Free. )

Breaking Up Slowly : it had such great potential to be a moody, folk number if only Jack had used some deep live drums and percussions and maybe an electric guitar solo; instead it's just left to itself and it's a huge missed opportunity imo. Lana still has the gift of melody but Jack's work with her is often hit or miss. Some things are good (I loved all of Violet), other things are super weird (why do DTWD and TJF end so abruptly? and what's with that horrific audio tune?). Finally, DBJAG: this will probably be a fan favourite too. I hated it. NOT the song itself (although it's just very meh to me)  but it just doesn't belong in the album sonically like, AT ALL. 

I'm still finding it hard to rank the songs outside of the triad I mentioned above and the last two places that go to LMLYLAW and DBJAG. 

Spoiler

I'm so glad you loved For Free! It's personally one of my favorites. As for Breaking Up Slowly having more potential, I do agree -- I'm honestly against the "yes-men" theory some fans have, but that's exactly where a producer should suggest the main artist. If he had such a grand vision (he's one of the most on-demand producers at the moment), he should've come up with some guitar solo or give Lana some more chords to make the song more complete and lengthy. Love it as it is, but definitely had more to offer. Same with Not All Who Wander Are Lost.

Spoiler

Ok, after listening to the album a bunch of times, here is my ranking:

1. WHITE DRESS (one of her finest tracks ever, alongside Ride, Venice Bitch, West Coast and NFR). I mean, the storytelling, the melody, the voice, the point she's making, the novelty - it's all I need in my life right now. Favourite part - 'music business conference'. Leave it to Lana Del Rey to make the word 'conference' fit in a ballad, and make it sound iconic)

2. WILD AT HEART (just gorgeous, this should have been the first single, with a big ranch-like setting, horse riding, etc)

3. CHEMTRAILS OVER THE COUNTRY CLUB (I still prefer the rock cover by Hayley Mary and think this could have been the new Blue Jeans for Lana with a different production, but the slow version works perfectly within the context of the album and the LSD part is stunning)

4. TULSA JESUS FREAK (this song is sexy, mysterious and, simply put, an instant Lana classic. It's also got the best title on the record)

5.  YOSEMITE (sad, gloomy, happy, devastating, beautiful, complex - there's so much going on this song, that I almost forgive Nowels for the god-annoying reverb he aways ads to Lana's voice that also almost ruined Bartender. Best part - 'candle in the wind', and I don't care that she's milked that metaphor for all its worth)

6. NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST (folksy, chill, sweet, gentle, perfect for relaxing on a porch (which I now wish I had)

7. DANCE TILL WE DIE (sweet, gentle, wise, with a killer bridge - what's not to like?)

8. DARK BUT JUST A GAME (This track kind of says everything White Dress already said, but in a much less interesting way. I'm not a big fan, but I still prefer it than the last three tracks on this list, and I love the difference in the tempo and beat; it makes the album more dynamic)

9. BREAKING UP SLOWLY (I like the these two women just jamming together, it works well within the album. But it feels very short and incomplete, and I can see myself skipping it more than listening to it)

10. FOR FREE (I'm generally NOT a fan of Lana's covers, and I could have done without this one, but it works within the album and it's an okay closer. Definitely don't see myself playing it much though (I genuinely think The Other Woman, Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood, Summertime, Chelsea Hotel, You Must Love Me, You'll Never Walk Alone are some of the worst tracks in her career; with the exception of Doin' Time and Goobye Kiss, which is her best cover so far. This one kind of sits in between)

11. LET ME LOVE YOU LIKE A WOMAN (after everything Lana's written over the years, this feels like something she banged out in between lunch and dinner. Like a Mariner's wannabe., or an early draft of that song. Even the dreamy guitar arrangement sounds similar. I do not understand why she's chosen it as the first single, and I think it's one of her weakest singles ever, probably only outdone by Freak. I was worried that THIS was going to actually the best song on the record, and I'm so glad it's  one of the worst )

But even the tracks I don't like that much work so well within the album, and it's definitely a good album on the whole. 7.5/10

Thanks for reading:)))

Spoiler

Okay I kinda caved and I’ve listened to TFJ, Yosemite and White Dress at this point :defeated:I am IN FUCKING LOVE so far. I’ll definitely do a ranking once I’ve listened to the whole thing but whew...it’s beautiful :trisha:

8 minutes ago, domandapiano said:
  Hide contents

I hate it so much I’m sorry y’all it’s the one part of the song that has me like angry

3 minutes ago, domandapiano said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Same. I  haven't listened to White Dress for a few hours now but that one line is still playing in my head :lange: 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 minute ago, Pico Boulevard said:

Hide contents

Same. I  haven't listened to White Dress for a few hours now but that one line is still playing in my head :lange: 

I listened to the album while taking a shower, candles on, music loud......I collapsed on the floor multiple times. My water bill is gonna be high but it was worth it. :smile4: