Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

6 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

remember when Lana said she'd namecheck every single one of her friends on the title track and we were like

plant.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

didn't she also say that she mentions charlie? i think she only mentioned chuck, perhaps there's a demo version where she mentions all of them

WGe8ynS.gif

3 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:
  Hide contents

Is the breathiness in White Dress intentional? She could hit some really high notes in You’ll Never Walk Alone

Spoiler

It has to be, it’s not something she’s really done before. And I think makes sense in terms of making the song feel so intimate/vulnerable.

aOaIzH2.gif

2 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

didn't she also say that she mentions charlie? maybe there's an earlier version of the track that mentions off all them 

I wonder if she hasn’t littered the song w litter Easter eggs that refer to all her friends in ways only she or they would get

aOaIzH2.gif

Spoiler

I wonder who’s the man she’s talking about DBJAG. It almost sounds like someone from her younger years when she just got famous. Like a guy who was guiding/coaching her 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Spoiler

i hope her next record moves forward with how impressive the vocals on cocc are cause she's giving RANGE, something we haven't really heard since ultraviolence. literally every song she's doing something different with her voice  :flutter:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Spoiler

“But I would still go back
If I could do it all again, I thought
Because it made me feel
Made me feel like a God”

This brings me to tears. Everybody has a period of their life that they relate to pure bliss and peace with themselves. Being 19 and in love right now I feel like one day I’m going to look back at this moment and wish to relive all moments forever and ever.

giphy.gif

Ok does anyone else listen to radio stations every now and then? Which song would you like to hear on radio next? They’re currently playing COCC pretty frequently on my fav radio station where I live.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Spoiler

I'm actually glad the album got delayed, it makes way more sense in March as the sun starts to shine brighter, flowers start to blossom, the vaccine starts to show hope, and we can finally start to see the light at the end of the tunnel. September was too chaotic for this serene sublime masterpiece.

Just now, DCooper said:
  Hide contents

I'm actually glad the album got delayed, it makes way more sense in March as the sun starts to shine brighter, flowers start to blossom, the vaccine starts to show hope, and we can finally start to see the light at the end of the tunnel. September was too chaotic for this serene sublime masterpiece.

hum that's actually an interesting take on the situation

1 minute ago, Clampigirl said:

Ok does anyone else listen to radio stations every now and then? Which song would you like to hear on radio next? They’re currently playing COCC pretty frequently on my fav radio station where I live.

Spoiler

wild at heart next country radio #1 smasha

1 minute ago, DCooper said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

right?!? listening to these optimistic and sunny songs would have been awful considering how terrible this past winter was. its perfect timing.

3 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:
Spoiler

Dance Till We Die will eventually be viewed as a career highlight. Bookmark it. 

Spoiler

Every song from cocc is a career highlight except for flop cover and feat

17 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:
  Hide contents

I wonder who’s the man she’s talking about DBJAG. It almost sounds like someone from her younger years when she just got famous. Like a guy who was guiding/coaching her 

Spoiler

She's singing about Jack :rip: It's about a party she went with him and "it's dark but just a game" it's literally what he said to her.

3 hours ago, DCooper said:
  Hide contents

There's something really unsettling about Yosemite. It's both peaceful and a little bit scary at the same time. She's singing about such a pure relationship with the right person for the right reasons, but the atmosphere tells us that it's not going to last. This song really IS a candle in the wind, always at risk of blowing out. The spoken word part is so haunting. Television static, was quite overwhelming. Was it because of the cabin and the candles in the wind? Absolutely stunning.

Strategically placed right in front of Breaking Up Slowly, too. 

:poordat: She knew.

1 minute ago, Poor Stacy said:

Hide contents

Strategically placed right in front of Breaking Up Slowly, too. 

:poordat: She knew.

Spoiler

Omg I know. Yosemite both warms me and then unsettles me deeply and the Breaking Up Slowly comes in and shatters me. Nikki Lane sounds incredible too and it gives the song and its placement after Yosemite this eerie feeling of someone else coming in to narrate because things have gotten so dark for our lead. :xcry:

1 minute ago, PARADIXO said:

Reveal hidden contents

She's singing about Jack :rip: It's about a party she went with him and "it's dark but just a game" it's literally what he said to her.

Spoiler

I don’t think so honestly because I would be highly disturbed if she was getting high and making out with jack antanoff in a parking lot lol

the whole song is likely about no one person in particular tbh I think a lot of her stuff is 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

5 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:
23 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:
  Hide contents

Hide contents

Spoiler

why i thought DBJAG talking about the industry:judgingu3:

Just now, ShadesOfFool said:
  Hide contents

I don’t think so honestly because I would be highly disturbed if she was getting high and making out with jack antanoff in a parking lot lol

the whole song is likely about no one person in particular tbh I think a lot of her stuff is 

Spoiler

Oh you meant those parts LMAO. The song is indeed inspired by that party and that quote by Jack but the parking lot lines are definitely about nobody. She's just like, when the world was at war we kept dancing.