Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I'm confused - I thought this was out on the 19th but the iTunes Store and Lyrics Genius are now listing the 21st as the release date? 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

33 minutes ago, ItsACruelWorld said:

If someone finds a lana.lnk.to, can he/she post it? Is it considered a leak?

yeah why he wouldnt be able to post a harmless lana.lnk.to

4 minutes ago, LanaBoi said:

I'm confused - I thought this was out on the 19th but the iTunes Store and Lyrics Genius are now listing the 21st as the release date? 

gurl :xgiggle: its coming out at 19th. stop complaining about it

lana-del-rey-arcadia.gif

7 minutes ago, hip hop in the summer said:

url :xgiggle: its coming out at 19th. stop complaining about it

I'm not complaining, I desperately want it to be released so I can listen to the damn thing, but worried that I'm seeing the 21st being listed as a the release date in several places.. 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

Stopped listening to the album but the songs are still playing in my head. Right now Wild At Heart is playing in my head :lange:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

7 minutes ago, LanaBoi said:

I'm not complaining, I desperately want it to be released so I can listen to the damn thing, but worried that I'm seeing the 21st being listed as a the release date in several places.. 

Changing the date to the 21st is just a placeholder so it can be a worldwide release at the same time once it hits 12:00 on the 19th in the US.

8V7Yvel.png

4 minutes ago, Fart Deco said:

I’m about to start my deep dive into Lanz’s discography starting from AKA :hottie:
7 days till COCC :xgiggle:

Same girl...today I'm starting with Sirens :krylie:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 hour ago, D3vilboy said:

I still believe white dress mv is coming tonight. I'm not being delusional. Guys, the youtube video is still just rendering. be patient.  :party:

hope is a dangerous thing sister, that's why we don't have it :ma:

9 minutes ago, Golden Hour said:

Changing the date to the 21st is just a placeholder so it can be a worldwide release at the same time once it hits 12:00 on the 19th in the US.

Oh damn, I thought I was gonna get it Friday morning in Australia :'( 

49ec26edaf43f33aa4bc01b14c011129.jpg

On our huge cover feature, Music Week speaks to the revered artist and songwriter as she prepares to release her brilliant, eagerly-anticipated new album Chemtrails Over The Country Club. Arriving hot on the heels of her critically-acclaimed, No.1 album Norman Fucking Rockwell! in 2019, not to mention 2020’s poetry collection/spoken word LP Violet Bent Backwards Over The Grass, we meet an artist on a red hot streak. In a wide-ranging conversation, Lana talks about the making of the record with Jack Antonoff, songwriting, how to deal with fame, plus how she fought to be understood as an artist, not a music industry trend.

4 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

49ec26edaf43f33aa4bc01b14c011129.jpg

On our huge cover feature, Music Week speaks to the revered artist and songwriter as she prepares to release her brilliant, eagerly-anticipated new album Chemtrails Over The Country Club. Arriving hot on the heels of her critically-acclaimed, No.1 album Norman Fucking Rockwell! in 2019, not to mention 2020’s poetry collection/spoken word LP Violet Bent Backwards Over The Grass, we meet an artist on a red hot streak. In a wide-ranging conversation, Lana talks about the making of the record with Jack Antonoff, songwriting, how to deal with fame, plus how she fought to be understood as an artist, not a music industry trend.

wait a minute... ACTUAL promo on release week? oh wow :wowcry:

Spoiler

Standouts for me are defo White Dress and Dance Till We Die, a lot of the songs in between have a similar sound so those 2 really make a statement IMO

also I think some people will be surprised to hear White Dress, it’s nothing like I expected 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, D3vilboy said:

Am I the only one who didn't really love COTCC music video? It's visually stunning but it just felt out of place. I have high hopes for White Dress tho, the promo is so beautiful. :flutter:

I really loved the first part, but hated the second (except the shower scene, my fave moment on the mv).

If it was more subtle and maybe not in high resolution, this would be my favorite music video from her. 

2 hours ago, D3vilboy said:

Am I the only one who didn't really love COTCC music video? It's visually stunning but it just felt out of place. I have high hopes for White Dress tho, the promo is so beautiful. :flutter:

Yeah, it was pretty but everything was cut in such a random, hectic way that did not make sense with either the storyline or the song's pace/flow. It was just ... too much, no focus on what the music video really should have been. A supercut of pretty pictures, but not something that actually interacts with the song.

However, I feel like she has that problem with a lot of her musicvideos. They just go on and on without the scenes/ the cutting actually being paced with the flow of the tracks. Like - the song has a very exciting part but the video does not "react" to it in a well-timed way.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!