Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I’m excited to hear the music but beyond that...idk about Lana anymore.

I missed the controversy and her being an enigmatic personality, but this isn’t what I meant. This isn’t fun.

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

it's 2020 and a new era, let's stop comparing jack antonoff, dan auerbach, etc. because we all know that they are fully capable of producing amazing and impactful songs that are loved and recognized by the fandom.

chemtrails over the country club is going to be a beautiful album no matter who produces it

WGe8ynS.gif

idk If I should’ve put this post in the unpopular Lana opinions thread but part of me feels no interest or desire or need or even wants for this album for some reason maybe it’s the whole way she went about everything with the IG controversy rubbing me the wrong way maybe it’s cause there’s been plenty of good new music coming out (Gaga charli carly etc) maybe it’s cause most of it’ll probably be produced by Jack I don’t know but I have seemingly zero hype and would’ve rather her waited and reflected with time until she was ready to fully reinvent her sound and songwriting process again cause the whole bland generic love song vibes w Jack’s Disney production were all glitzy/sparkly and great upon first listens but over time NFR got stale quick

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

I missed the controversy and her being an enigmatic personality, but this isn’t what I meant. This isn’t fun.

I sort of agree with that, I still very much think that on an artistic level she's an interesting artist and I still look forward to what she has to present to us. 

But her mystery/mystical aura definitely contributed to her overall charm and appeal early on.

I can honestly say that despite me feeling some type of ways about Jack's subpar production/mastering skills on 'NFR!', I'm actually really excited to see what she has in store on 'Chemtrails Over The Country Club', that title alone excites me.

It's not a coincidence that she went on a revenge tour as soon as she got tons of critical acclaim. Those bizarre tweets aimed at A. Powers were a sign of things to come. And holy hell, that last instagram rant was the worst one yet. I hope someone close to her staged an intervention.

Jack must be horrified who's he working with. 

he's worked with her for 2 albums and 2 book albums

and he worked with lorde so i dont think so lol he likes dom women

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

idk If I should’ve put this post in the unpopular Lana opinions thread but part of me feels no interest or desire or need or even wants for this album for some reason maybe it’s the whole way she went about everything with the IG controversy rubbing me the wrong way maybe it’s cause there’s been plenty of good new music coming out (Gaga charli carly etc) maybe it’s cause most of it’ll probably be produced by Jack I don’t know but I have seemingly zero hype and would’ve rather her waited and reflected with time until she was ready to fully reinvent her sound and songwriting process again cause the whole bland generic love song vibes w Jack’s Disney production were all glitzy/sparkly and great upon first listens but over time NFR got stale quick

I personally disagree with the first part of your statement, especially about the other artists also putting out new music.

But I definitely share similar thoughts in regards to Jack being involved with the new record. But I'm positive, maybe the beige vibe of 'NFR!' was just a little hiccup. I'm hopeful they got something greater to show us on the new record. *fingers crossed*

if COCC doesn't provide a fairly substantial sonic shift from NFR, i'm gonna hope she finds someone new for the next project. After two albums with rick as the most dominant producer, she found someone new, so i hope she doesn't limit herself to just Jack in the future.

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

if COCC doesn't provide a fairly substantial sonic shift from NFR, i'm gonna hope she finds someone new for the next project. After two albums with rick as the most dominant producer, she found someone new, so i hope she doesn't limit herself to just Jack in the future.

I know it would likely never happen because he pretty much only works with Sevdaliza (one could DREAM for a Sevdaliza/Lana collab) but I think Mucky’s beats and production styles would mesh so well with Lana’s voice at some point

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

Why even worry about it. If none of us followed her on IG we wouldn't have even paid any attention.

I simply don't care about an artist's personal life. They might be weird, have different ideas, have different thoughts and they're fair to have those because behind the cover, they're still a human being. I don't think Lana is racist. Everyone always forgets that she's giving money to the Navajo's which.... if she's racist, why given a people of a different race money???? I think she has good intentions, just can't form the words correctly.

I'm not saying to ignore it. Feel how you want to, but I'm not giving it that much of my energy. As Lana says, it says more about the haters than her, just like it says more about them still going on and on about it than it does if I were to just.... ignore it any further. Because I don't have time or energy or effort to keep putting into it. If she announces album info, I'll pay attention to that. If she posts another poem or anything else, sure. But i don't really care to watch her political shit spew everywhere, whether it's dem/rep or music industry politics. I really don't care

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I sort of agree with that, I still very much think that on an artistic level she's an interesting artist and I still look forward to what she has to present to us.

But her mystery/mystical aura definitely contributed to her overall charm and appeal early on.

I can honestly say that despite me feeling some type of ways about Jack's subpar production/mastering skills on 'NFR!', I'm actually really excited to see what she has in store on 'Chemtrails Over The Country Club', that title alone excites me.

i mean I will still listen to and buy anything she puts out obvs lol, but I def look at her a lot differently as a person now tbh

and now that she’s been branded a racist (perhaps unfairly), that’s never going away. never ever.

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

i mean I will still listen to and buy anything she puts out obvs lol, but I def look at her a lot differently as a person now tbh

and now that she’s been branded a racist (perhaps unfairly), that’s never going away. never ever.

That's fair I think, she definitely put herself in a sticky situation with her past couple Instagram posts.

if you aren't excited then get off this site, and while you're at it unfollow lana - I assure you she doesn't care about your uninterested energy.. 

not to mention the comments from Joe Biden about "you aint black if you don't vote for Joe" like come on, I think that is literally racist but of course the media won't cover it. 

That's fair I think, she definitely put herself in a sticky situation with her past couple Instagram posts.

and the fact that she refuses to even admit she perhaps misspoke...like just gracefully correct yourself and keep it pushing.

this isn’t the thread for this convo tho I guess, I’m just disappointed in how everything has gone down

if you aren't excited then get off this site, and while you're at it unfollow lana - I assure you she doesn't care about your uninterested energy..

not to mention the comments from Joe Biden about "you aint black if you don't vote for Joe" like come on, I think that is literally racist but of course the media won't cover it.

oh dang you really put me in my place!

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

He really did say exactly that. What an idiot.  :rip:

Bernie Sanders is the leader the US of A really deserved.

i feel like this is more important than Lana's little spiel 

so what, she didn't speak exactly perfect in a PC way to fit someone's agenda. she's not racist at the end of the day

joe biden on the other hand..... is a racist asshat. he used Obama to get his name somewhere, then he goes and says this shit. I hate him just as much as I hate Trump and as much as I hated Hillary. 

the US is still shitty and what's sad is it's not shocking that black people are still being killed by cops. the fact that it's NOT SHOCKING. to be able to say that.... fuck

giphy.gif

i feel like this is more important than Lana's little spiel 

so what, she didn't speak exactly perfect in a PC way to fit someone's agenda. she's not racist at the end of the day

joe biden on the other hand..... is a racist asshat. he used Obama to get his name somewhere, then he goes and says this shit. I hate him just as much as I hate Trump and as much as I hated Hillary. 

the US is still shitty and what's sad is it's not shocking that black people are still being killed by cops. the fact that it's NOT SHOCKING. to be able to say that.... fuck

i'm really disappointed in the fact that this is the first election i'll be able to vote and i probably won't even vote because i really dislike them both... i would vote for bernie if he was still running. 

WGe8ynS.gif