Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

i guess its more about the release cycle

- Both HM and Chemtrails were announced shortly after the release of the previous album

- Both are coming out roughly a year after the last

- Both were teased with a title which changed (Music To Watch Boys To as the initial HM title + White Hot Forever as the initial COCC title)

- Both HM and Chemtrails are coming in September

I’ve said this before, but It’s a misunderstanding that Honeymoon was ever called “MTWBT” ! She said she had a record titled MTWBT and was going to record *it* later that day. She used the term record to mean song as she sometimes does! Its further supported by her saying she was going to record it after the interview, which would be weird wording to use if she did mean an album.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

I’ve said this before, but It’s a misunderstanding that Honeymoon was ever called “MTWBT” ! She said she had a record titled MTWBT and was going to record *it* later that day. She used the term record to mean song as she sometimes does! Its further supported by her saying she was going to record it after the interview, which would be weird wording to use if she did mean an album.

i thought she said something along the lines of "i have this idea for a new record called MTWBT" but with lana we never know if she actually means an entire album or just a single song

image.png

Do you mean with visuals?

Partly, yeah! That selfie she posted with Patent Leather Do-Over reminded of the Honeymoon era selfies and the overall dreamy reflectiveness she seems to be evoking, but I was also thinking about the release cycle like @@Dominikx4 said below :) :

i guess its more about the release cycle

- Both HM and Chemtrails were announced shortly after the release of the previous album

- Both are coming out roughly a year after the last

- Both were teased with a title which changed (Music To Watch Boys To as the initial HM title + White Hot Forever as the initial COCC title)

- Both HM and Chemtrails are coming in September

i remember in the grammy museum interview with her and jack she talked about how she won’t release an album until she has both the first and last track of the next album. so i seriously think that shes had so much time to write a full record and i really think this is coming september 4th/5th. very excited for this album and i love how we have no snippets or no idea what to expect so far :sluttybunny:

The rollout of this record also feels like that of Honeymoon to me because of how it's kind of shrouded in this mystery right now. We have no explicit indication of what the visuals or sound will be and that surprise element also engages me in a different way than when we get snippets! I love both strategies but there's something about the way things are going now with Chemtrails Over the Country Club that feels exciting. 

i actually believe it's gonna come september 5th (or 4th) lmao  :facepalm:  i mean when you release an album doesn't the label have to approve the date and save it? the whole thing is probably near finished too since she said she has to submit her work 90 days before

i love you, but you don't understand me.

i actually believe it's gonna come september 5th (or 4th) lmao  :facepalm:  i mean when you release an album doesn't the label have to approve the date and save it? the whole thing is probably near finished too since she said she has to submit her work 90 days before

I think the same! And with the LFL May 26th date and NFR March 29th date, Lana never said those dates herself - they came from other sources 

So I think the September 4/5 date is going to happen!

Even though she said January 4th for Violet, but a major studio album is harder to sweep under the rug than a side-project like poetry

I think the same! And with the LFL May 26th date and NFR March 29th date, Lana never said those dates herself - they came from other sources 

Even though she said January 4th for Violet, but a major studio album is harder to sweep under the rug than a side-project like poetry

I still remember when she said Ultraviolence would come out May 1st, then stayed silent. It still hurts

"top of the year" exists, though she never mentioned a specific date, and she also literally ghosted us. I'm still hoping for the september date, but if she at least updated us, it'd be okay.

edit: this is my 2000th post <3

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

I think it’s coming in September. I have faith in her. Wasn’t she in the studio with jack back in like January? I feel like the album is done and bc she said surprise drop, it will be just that. No singles or anything beforehand but who knows. The only thing that might make me think otherwise is it seems she’s had a change of direction form the WHF to COCC. In my opinion from what she has said about both, it doesn’t seem to be the same album vibe. I think COCC is going to basically be her lengthy typewritten notes in music form lol but I’m here for it

i thought she said something along the lines of "i have this idea for a new record called MTWBT" but with lana we never know if she actually means an entire album or just a single song

people call songs records all the time

negAbhB.png

Yeah... Honeymoon the album, was always titled Honeymoon. She said she had an idea for a record called Music To Watch Boys To and described the visuals she had in mind for the music video. I believe Music To Watch Boys To was the lead single originally, then she wrote High By The Beach and they (her and her team) agreed it was more commercial and was better suited as the lead single.

For this record, I wonder if there's a title track? I can't imagine what a song called Chemtrails Over The Country Club would sound like tbh - However, if she does have a title track, I'd like her to just drop it on YouTube or something like she did Honeymoon. Also, at this point, does she even need singles? Norman Fucking Rockwell was kinda dropped with only Doin Time being an official single? Mariners Apartment Complex and Venice Bitch had kind of had their moment and Fuck It I Love You and The Greatest were just buzz tracks?

She did say she would surprise release this album - but I imagine her being an albums artist, she had to compromise with her team and announce a date so they can do pre-sales etc. Maybe they'll use the term surprise as in she won't drop any singles before hand? A bit like what Carly Rae Jepsen just did with Dedicated Side B?

potential songs:

01. White Hot Forever (previous title track)

02. Let Me Love You Like A Woman (mentioned in Q Magazine in October 2019)

03. I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy (performed live in 2018 when promoting Norman Fucking Rockwell)

04. Hey Blue Baby (performed live in 2018 when promoting Norman Fucking Rockwell)

05. Yosemite (a Lust For Life outtake that she said she would release in the future, The Next Best American Record had the same fate and was released as part of Norman Fucking Rockwell)

06. Chemtrails Over The Country Club (unconfirmed song, but unusual for Lana to not have a titular track)

i feel like these songs won't be so pop formatted as the rest of her albums maybe more poetry style where it's just multiple verses 

Hmmm, I hope not... Obviously it's a strong possibility but now that we know that Violet Bent Backwards Over The Grass will be a spoken poetry album, set to music, I'd like to think that the upcoming studio album is traditional Lana in terms of melodies and structures.

the title track better be track 2 I stg

This!

I can see this album being a little similar to The Doors' An American Prayer album, in which Jim Morrison reads his poems with instrumentals by The Doors. I'm getting conceptual poetry album vibes with Lana's usual romanticism.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

This one is going to shock everyone.

Are you ready for it ?

Are you ready for it ?

It´s going to be a country+western song record.

go ahead and discuss

giphy.gif

Hey blue baby, put the Hank Williams on
It’s your little blue baby, calling for her favorite song
Get a bad Whiskey, pour it right quickly
Put them hallway lights on
I hope one day you can remember
Our love before it all went wrong

When the only stars we saw were in the sky at the boulevard
And the only thing we wanted, was to be free
And the only girl you had eyes for
Played downtown at the local bar
That was me, she was me

Hey blue baby, get that old pick-up gone
Turn it once, twice, three times if you love me long
Get on that dirt bike, get on that turnpike
Do what you have to do
Just know your baby’s back here waiting
Just know she thinks you’re really cool

And the only stars we saw were in the sky at the boulevard
And the only thing we need, is to be free
Plays downtown at the local bar
That was me, she was me

I tell you all the time, get yourself in line
Tired of waiting, tired of crying
Tired of yelling, tired of hollering
You’re making me blue, you’re making me blue, blue
You’re making blue, just do what you do

And the only stars we need were in the sky at the boulevard
And the only thing we want, is to be free
And the only girl that you love still
Yeah she’s me
Yeah she’s me

-

This one is going to shock everyone.

Are you ready for it ?

Are you ready for it ?

It´s going to be a country+western song record.

go ahead and discuss

giphy.gif

Hey blue baby, put the Hank Williams on

It’s your little blue baby, calling for her favorite song

Get a bad Whiskey, pour it right quickly

Put them hallway lights on

I hope one day you can remember

Our love before it all went wrong

When the only stars we saw were in the sky at the boulevard

And the only thing we wanted, was to be free

Played downtown at the local bar

That was me, she was me

Hey blue baby, get that old pick-up gone

Turn it once, twice, three times if you love me long

Get on that dirt bike, get on that turnpike

Do what you have to do

Just know your baby’s back here waiting

Just know she thinks you’re really cool

And the only stars we saw were in the sky at the boulevard

And the only thing we need, is to be free

That was me, she was me

Tired of waiting, tired of crying

Tired of yelling, tired of hollering

You’re making me blue, you’re making me blue, blue

You’re making blue, just do what you do

And the only stars we need were in the sky at the boulevard

And the only thing we want, is to be free

And the only girl that you love still

Yeah she’s me

Yeah she’s me

The vocals of this performance are actually pretty good. Love that performance and would love to see vocals like in her Hey Blue Baby performance on this record. Someone mentioned before that she should belt like in TLY & PWYC at the LTTMT..yes give us those kind of vocals Lana!!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: