Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I think she just can't really capture her own sound in her own words sometimes.

Just going by examples: when she said we'd hear the 'Born To Die' strings on 'Ultraviolence', but that ended up just being on the title track. Or that 'Honeymoon' would be this jazzy album with a touch of "soft grunge", but it ended up being this very cinematic record mixed with trap beats (with some jazz-y influences, but still not the golden era of jazz album she initially described). Or when she said we'd hear a lot of 60s pop/Shangri Las influences on 'Lust for Life' but besides some light instrumentation and the doo wop doo wop on the title track and on 'Get Free' the record was nothing like that. Now with 'NFR!', sis said the album would be reminiscent of Red Hot Chili Peppers... that was just straight up wrong.

The NFR Red Hot Chilli Peppers one is crazy as I wouldn't even say there was a song like them on that, only song i've heard of her that sounds close to them is Florida Kilos.

The NFR Red Hot Chilli Peppers one is crazy as I wouldn't even say there was a song like them on that, only song i've heard of her that sounds close to them is Florida Kilos.

Venice Bitch riffs and some of the solo at 6:30 sounds RHCP inspired but that's it 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

whatever the record sounds like, I'm sure it will be different again. no two records of hers sound alike and i doubt she'd start repeating herself now. she clearly has a lot to say this time around and so much has happened since NFR that I'm positive that whatever emotions sparked that recent instagram post will manifest themselves into the album both lyrically and sonically. I'm very excited to see where it's headed.

giphy.gif

I think there's a high chance it's finally her folk album

No thanks she can keep that

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Honeymoon was the last — and in my personal opinion the most — cohesive record asthetically and sonically wise. So much for a so called 'vanity' project as she refers to it.

You said in your opinion, and I respect that. but you're wrong.

NFR was cohesive as fuck. The lyrics, track list. Let me draw it out for you.

NFR, lyrics "You fucked me so good that I almost said I love you" "You color me blue"

MAC lyrics "you too my sadness out of context" refers back to "as you color me blue, you make me blue"

VB, lyrics "Norman Rockwell," also, referring to her being soft, but tough. "Ice cream, ice queen" when she says "You took my kindness for weakness" in MAC

FIILY, basically the entire song turns us back to the title track, with the first lyrics of the title track, finally admitting, "Fuck it, I love you!" instead of just almost admitting it. "Runnin out of time" takes us right into the next track

Doin' Time kind of fits as an album splitter, between the surfy-ness that FIILY and VB had. 

I could be wrong, but I believe Love Song to BAR are all about the same person and tell a story, if not the entire album. In Love Song, she wants him to be her once in a lifetime, love of her life. Into Cinnamon Girl, he's not so great and pushes her away. How To Disappear, she's now reminiscing what could've been with said guy, changing his name twice, like the weather that she says he's like, later on California. With California, she wants him to come back and be with her because she wants those good memories back and what they could've been to be. By TNBAR, he's gone and she's talking about the same person as before, remember the love of her life? "We were just that good... it was just that good"

I think Bartender to Hope is the final section of the record that  she's just trying to let go, be free, be happy. Kind of like how LFL ended, she's still looking for that happiness and she's fooling you with Happiness Is A Butterfly. She says that she's not happy, but she's not sad, I believe that she's... confused, feeling lots of emotions but happy and sad are none of those. She simply feels hopeful, which scares her in ways, referring to the "monsters still under my bed that I could never fight off" which could be toxic relationships, her criticisms, alcoholism.

Sorry I just decided to do a NFR analysis but it be what it be

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

i don't want a folk album, but i do feel like that is where this one is headed

I think so bc the NFR tour almost all her guests were folk singers and she's been heading that direction musically since LfL but never going all in. Shes said numerous times how much she likes folk music I thi k it would be great if she did a folk album at least once. She can go to a different sound after but it would be such a waste if she didn't use her great voice for at least one folk album

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

next video plot : Lana shooting with a rocket launcher a plane leaving chemtrails. Bye.

The cover can be her in a spacecraft departing the earth because she's sick of all the bullshit. And everything on the ground is charred.

A concept

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

i think you’d like this album if you liked nfr (like me) and dislike it if you didn’t. i doubt the sound would be radically different, but the subject matter might be if she actually feels maligned and her posts weren’t just random bursts of anger

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

The cover can be her in a spacecraft departing the earth because she's sick of all the bullshit. And everything on the ground is charred.

A concept

I’m wasted

Dont leave I just need a spacecraft call

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

Okay but if the cover is literally a photo of chemtrails over a country club, I will neck

I want something more imaginative than that

Original NFR cover was awful... thanks to Ben that he „forced” her to change it. I mean...a quarantine is a quarantine but they can organize something to actually shoot a good cover.

giphy.gif