Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

If we do get a single, the video will be home-made once again, edited by Chuck E Cheese

I'm not holding my breath or counting my chickens before they hatch regarding a Sept release. This is Lana we're talking about lol She's my all time fave artist, but she's not the most punctual tbh. Also, the backlash she received from her IG post and subsequent IG BLM posts might derail her creative process and she might reevaluate everything by the time Sept rolls around. Plus, we're still waiting on Violet Bent to get released; it hasn't even dropped yet and she's already announced the follow-up to it. I'd kinda like Lana to just lay low for a bit. I mean, I'm still really enjoying NFR

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

do you guys think Lana has released her "Magnum Opus" that she'll be remembered by everyone for yet, or do you think that we've yet to experience that so far?

born to die isn't my favourite but in terms of what she'll be remembered by i think that's it... especially in the UK where it sold so much, it definitely has longevity. a few days ago my favourite uk rapper, dave, posted a pic of the btd vinyl on his ig story  :flutter:

born to die isn't my favourite but in terms of what she'll be remembered by i think that's it... especially in the UK where it sold so much, it definitely has longevity. a few days ago my favourite uk rapper, dave, posted a pic of the btd vinyl on his ig story  :flutter:

honestly i agree. born to die (while not my favorite or her objective best) is her most influential work and basically created a whole new subgenre of 2010s/2020s pop music.

giphy.gif

im curious: did anyone guess something about nfr in the pre-release thread? if so maybe we can guess something about cotcc

Yeah as mentioned by @@daisy fresh witch, @@movebaby guessed the vinyl colour.

On a related note, quite often we'd be discussing something specific in relation to the album and then it'd suddenly get clarified by the good sis, which made everyone suspicious that she, or someone closely associated with her, was reading the thread.

I remember at one point, we were all debating whether or not NFR and HIAB were actually the same song, as a result of a fake tracklist or some shit. It went on for about five pages, and the very next day, the sis posted the NFR snippet with "TITLE TRACK - NORMAN FUCKING ROCKWELL" and we were all like, "hmmm"

I'm sure that happened more than once, but that's the example that comes to mind.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

ugh I want more songs like hey blue baby where the songs starts chill the all of a sudden she's like I TELL YOU ALL THE TIMEEEE GET YOURSELF IN LINEEEE TIRED OF WAITINN TIRED OF CRYINN

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

i pray to GOD this album doesn't leak early. for once, can we PLEASE get a normal album rollout.

This is about as realistic as me getting my fantasy cover, which is that Slim Aaron's one from 10 pages ago, or my crackheaded spacecraft concept. I don't recall if I wrote about the latter or if it just exists within my mind, but basically, she's on a spacecraft, departing the earth, everything is fucked up and on fire, and it's like a carry-on from the NFR cover. 

So like ... I did this quick mock-up which ofc is very realistic 'n' shit.

W6QztdQ.jpg

This is about as realistic as me getting my fantasy cover, which is that Slim Aaron's one from 10 pages ago, or my crackheaded spacecraft concept. I don't recall if I wrote about the latter or if it just exists within my mind, but basically, she's on a spacecraft, departing the earth, everything is fucked up and on fire, and it's like a carry-on from the NFR cover. 

W6QztdQ.jpg

Are leaks allowed? :/

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

W6QztdQ.jpg

I know some of ur ideas are pretty far off (something I think's pretty great of ya too) but like others n myself have mentioned, some kind of space station. then- bond chick ready to blow stuff up'd be fucking amazing. 

/

perfect for a glamorous woman. bond crew messed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwbEuzJCnqI

something about the word "forever" and how diamonds are literally the strongest material cultivated from carbon pressure. that and the guitars n bass n DRUMS swooping strings lemme just get that idea out thru the ether 

UV/Honeymoon

I know some of ur ideas are pretty far off (something I think's pretty great of ya too) but like others n myself have mentioned, some kind of space station. then- bond chick ready to blow stuff up'd be fucking amazing. 

Idk if this is a compliment or a soft drag, but thanks bb :kiss2:

something about the word "forever" and how diamonds are literally the strongest material cultivated from carbon pressure. that and the guitars n bass n DRUMS swooping strings lemme just get that idea out thru the ether 

Yes when it was called WHF, I was convinced the cover was going to be B & W with one element in sapphire blue, and the whole thing would be very fierce.

But now the whole vibe has changed, I feel

i hope only she dont take back the precious steps she taked with NFR. I hope she goes to a more no convencional way of do music more then never if this album. bring +7 minutes song, raw instrumentals and deep cut lyrics

Lust For Dead   large.gif

Yes when it was called WHF, I was convinced the cover was going to be B & W with one element in sapphire blue, and the whole thing would be very fierce.

But now the whole vibe has changed, I feel

I remember starting off, I got like soft rock, little bit of disco vibes from the title. like. Saturday Night Fever, but w more heat. didn't have much to really guess w but that's what I thought of.. 

It's too early to tell but I've already got some guesses on how things might be, based off the title. there's a classy kind of chaos to it so i'm real excited on how she's gonna sing about it

UV/Honeymoon

imagine if she actually pulls through with her statement about the tinges of how she's been treated in the industry and goes full unfiltered 'elusive Malibu demo' lyrical realness

my pussy jus blew a spitball

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

W6QztdQ.jpg

leaks aren't allowed, can a mod please do something about this?

It's only my dark city, only my new man...