Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

When that track list drops, I don’t wanna recognize a single song.

When she first put out the NFR tracklist my bear sank because I had already heard half the songs.

So far we know there’s a song called “Let Me Love You Like A Woman” and probably one called “White Hot Forever.” And she always has a title track of “Chemtrails over the Country Club” also.

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

I wouldn’t be surprised if LFA was on the album, or if she decided to add the track last minute. She was definitely recording the new album when she made this song with Jack, since they didn’t stop making music after they finished NFR. Either way, the track would be a gorgeous closer.

Yeah don't need it on this album tbh but I wouldn't be surprised as well if LFA will be on the album...you never know with Lana haha...it would be great closer for sure but if LFA really would be on the album I would prefer it more as a bonus track...

This time I wanna hear the closer at my first album listen *looking at "Hope is a long ass song title"*

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Guys just don't listen to anything whatever she puts out, like even if its a single i wouldn't listen to it. Simply because the album isn't that far away and it will make it way more enjoyable if you don't have a single clue what to expect upon first listen. It will be like when you first discovered listening to her. I mean its your choice of course but, i think its the better option

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I don't think LFA will be on the album, at the very least because it would make it much more difficult to give the proceeds to the very specific charities / orgs the single's proceeds went to.

locals only

the way I have zero excitement for this album. I don't even know why  :noparty:

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

i personally would be pretty disappointed if she added looking for america onto the album. it's a nice song with a great message for sure, but i really just want new material, people asking for yosemite on the album is a little different for me because we don't know what the song is like besides an live snippet so it would still be a surprise. she's released looking for america as a small charity single and that's how it should stay.

But like, what if she recorded, let’s say, 11 tracks for the album, and then decided to add LFA? It’s not like it would replace another track that was scrapped, so why being disappointed? It would just be a bonus

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I think she’s kinda lost her spark tbh. Her other albums are so unique and powerful. No one but Lana Del Rey could make an album like Ultraviolence, for example.

Meanwhile NFR was just so plain, generic. Tbh I find it boring. I understand she’s matured and it would ridiculous to expect her to just do one thing her whole career. She was a troubled young woman during her early career and her music reflected that, now she’s calmed down a lot, and the music reflects that too.

BUT that doesn’t mean you can never make an exciting song again, Lana. The music used to literally give people goosebumps, it was so raw and lush and out there. Now it just sounds filler on an album made by any other alternative/country artist.

hopefully her “I just want one piano and ukele to make this entire album” phase is over and she can go back to being a musical beast again.

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

But like, what if she recorded, let’s say, 11 tracks for the album, and then decided to add LFA? It’s not like it would replace another track that was scrapped, so why being disappointed? It would just be a bonus

because by doing that it's like she'd rather just give us a song we've already heard instead of just another track. it wouldn't be a bonus simply because of the fact we've already heard it, there's no excitement in that. i just don't want her to give us songs we already have, especially a song she already has officially released. 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Meanwhile NFR was just so plain, generic. Tbh I find it boring. I understand she’s matured and it would ridiculous to expect her to just do one thing her whole career. She was a troubled young woman during her early career and her music reflected that, now she’s calmed down a lot, and the music reflects that too.

BUT that doesn’t mean you can never make an exciting song again, Lana. The music used to literally give people goosebumps, it was so raw and lush and out there. Now it just sounds filler on an album made by any other alternative/country artist.

MAC and VB were career highlights and that's pediodt tho

while i think a lot of us fantasize about certain leaked unreleased making it onto a record, i truly hope everything on it is new. for some reason unreleased tracks sound much better when they STAY unreleased, it gives them some type of mystique...

tnbar being on NFR ruined the song for me, honestly.

while i think a lot of us fantasize about certain leaked unreleased making it onto a record, i truly hope everything on it is new. for some reason unreleased tracks sound much better when they STAY unreleased, it gives them some type of mystique...

tnbar being on NFR ruined the song for me, honestly.

that and the fact that she pretty much butchered the lyrics and flow of the song as well, her vocals on the chorus were not flattering at all, and she sounds so angry, unlike the unreleased version where her vocals sounded calm, pretty and sullen

yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also, i can't believe some people want Yosemite on the album... don't you want new, recent material? and it's not gonna happen, no way

I’d take a reworked Yosemite and only if it fits the whole album. We know Yosemite was acoustic and I love acoustic Lana. I’d love that song to begin slowly but then have some atmospheric « surf vibes » mixed with the acoustic guitar while she chants softly as an outro.

Because LFA is a Norman song through and through, that’s like

Fergie adding LA Love to her sophomore album that came out three years after it lol

She should just do an album of unreleased songs that are already floating around. Just put them out in one single package so then everyone can shut up about them lol. She knows her fans already know them all, tho, so she might not see a point.

Anyways I’m hoping for a single maybe around the Fourth of July, she usually had been putting out the lead a couple months before the album drop (except for NFR that was about a two year rollout)

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

I wouldn’t be surprised if LFA was on the album, or if she decided to add the track last minute. She was definitely recording the new album when she made this song with Jack, since they didn’t stop making music after they finished NFR. Either way, the track would be a gorgeous closer.

On my Lana playlist, LFA is already the closer to NFR and is super gorgeous and Season of the Witch is my opener. The rest of the album is between these two, in the same order, and it fits beautifully. As much as I love LFA, I don’t want it on the new record.

Because LFA is a Norman song through and through, that’s like

Fergie adding LA Love to her sophomore album that came out three years after it lol

LA Love slaps tho, on an unrelated note

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

I hope she does an extra song or two alongside the record like LFA was. It could’ve fit the album, but it wasn’t there and wasn’t necessary

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

On my Lana playlist, LFA is already the closer to NFR and is super gorgeous and Season of the Witch is my opener. The rest of the album is between these two, in the same order, and it fits beautifully. As much as I love LFA, I don’t want it on the new record.

:awkney:

honestly, I think everyone would be more pleasantly surprised with her albums if we all stopped having such specific expectations lol. high expectations are not the issue, but expecting her to make a record that sounds like Ultraviolence or any of her other records EVERY TIME is only setting yourself up for disappointment. Lets just go in blindly and hope that whatever she gives us is capable of standing as its own piece of artwork. There are valid critiques of NFR! and LFL but in my opinion, comparing them to her previous work isn't really fair.

giphy.gif

God damn chemtrail

You poisoned me so good that I almost said I love Trump.

Self loathing golfer, resident beachwood canyon , know it all

You talk to the horse, when the country club gets bored of you

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]