Elle

LDR VILLAGE - Merch Drop

the weird thing is that if they parted ways and it then became 'unofficial', they still use lanas name and likeness/music ip's so should have been slapped with a cease and desist by tap. and it cant have been that long ago because a bunch of merch was used for and sold for tunnel promotion and the pop up

either the screenshots fake (ben doesnt usually talk like that imo LOL) or somethin weirdddzzz going on

i ordered back in like 2021 i think and got an ashtray and some air fresheners and i ended up getting them but her team never ceases to be messy

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

I know Ben said they aren’t with them anymore… but they’ve always been shady! I ordered a shirt and a pin I think around 2021 I can’t remember the specific dates I wanna say it was around Blue banisters time. They literally went like 4 months without any updates or answering any of my many emails. So finally I went to instagram and saw that their posts were flooded with comments about shipping and scamming. I made a comment and only after that did they DM me asking for the order number and that they were soooo sorry :judgingu4: and it still took another month to get to me. 

Not to mention expensive as fuck and shit quality :mariah2:

If that screenshot is real, someone on her team needs to make an official post asap. Why would we just assume that it was no longer affiliated with Lana if they never told us. We’re not mind readers. Did they think people would just.. forget it existed and stop buying from it:puzzled: something fishy goin on here

I’m kind of leaning towards the DM screenshots with Ben being real… why would it otherwise tell them to use that certain email address (does anyone know if it’s a legit email?)?

But Ben was so quick to tell people not to follow that honeymoon v2 insta, would be nice of him to also help the fans who got scammed by LDR Village in Lana’s name 🙃

7 minutes ago, jealous girl said:

I’m kind of leaning towards the DM screenshots with Ben being real… why would it otherwise tell them to use that certain email address (does anyone know if it’s a legit email?)?

But Ben was so quick to tell people not to follow that honeymoon v2 insta, would be nice of him to also help the fans who got scammed by LDR Village in Lana’s name 🙃

I have no idea whether the screenshots are real, but the person who posted them on reddit seems to be a genuine person and based on their comment history just wants to know what happened to their order like everyone else... the email address is definitely real though, I emailed Ed (Lana's other manager) once back in the LFL days and his email was at that same address

10 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

the LDRVillage instagram has been deleted

they really closed up shop and kept everyone's money, wow

Okay something needs to be done about this from Lana’s team instead of just responding to one person’s dm. The fact that LDR Village would put on an exclusive sale of LDR Surf Shop items just to close down 3 months later is disgusting and unacceptable. 

They need to guarantee refunds for everyone who purchased but didn’t receive their orders. Even if they’re “no longer affiliated” they still used her name/likeness to promote these products this year and her management made zero effort to inform fans about this change. In the past I’ve been lenient with LDR Village because it’s usually taken them three months+ to fulfill orders but it is so so so wrong to defraud hardworking fans. 

Lana needs to become aware of this issue ASAP if she isn’t already. It isn’t her fault at all but hundreds of fans (including myself) have been impacted by this. I’ve yet to hear a response after emailing tap management like Ben recommended and I don’t expect them to do anything based on their current silence. 

hyz6.gif

3 minutes ago, Black to Blue said:

Okay something needs to be done about this from Lana’s team instead of just responding to one person’s dm. The fact that LDR Village would put on an exclusive sale of LDR Surf Shop items just to close down 3 months later is disgusting and unacceptable. 

They need to guarantee refunds for everyone who purchased but didn’t receive their orders. Even if they’re “no longer affiliated” they still used her name/likeness to promote these products this year and her management made zero effort to inform fans about this change. In the past I’ve been lenient with LDR Village because it’s usually taken them three months+ to fulfill orders but it is so so so wrong to defraud hardworking fans. 

Lana needs to become aware of this issue ASAP if she isn’t already. It isn’t her fault at all but hundreds of fans (including myself) have been impacted by this. I’ve yet to hear a response after emailing tap management like Ben recommended and I don’t expect them to do anything based on their current silence. 

Oh I completely agree. This whole situation is so inexcusable.

If her team decided to part ways with the company who was running the site, the site should have been required to automatically shut down or at least post a disclaimer it was no longer official as part of the termination agreement. And someone on Lana's team should've made sure the site actually disappeared and not go rogue and still take orders.

If the store shut down, they should have issued refunds automatically. Not just disappear. Not just Ben answering one person's DM (if that screenshot is even real). What happens to the people who don't look at Lanaboards (or reddit or fan accounts on social media) who ordered things and are sitting around waiting because they've been told repeatedly the store can take months to deliver? How would they know to email Tap Management? You would only see that if you are perpetually online following Lana sites.

Lana doesn't need negative publicity so it's so weird her management team has let this store basically steal likely $1000s of dollars from undelivered orders and disappear and they're just so aloof about the whole situation.

I'm not even going to bother emailing Tap, I'm just going to report it directly to my credit card.

Sigh, I really wanted my stuff

The more I try to remember how this all started... like... were we ever 100% sure this was legit? I can't remember if I signed up for LDR Village emails or if they were sent out because I'm subsribed to Lana's news letters. Elle had contact with the owner regarding discounts and the DLC jacket? I remember Lana showing up to the surf shop, but not LDR Village events? I think Rob attended one just last year though. I went back in the comments in this thread and found an image of a card claiming that Interscope was behind the business, so I guess it was legit? I think Lana or Ben must've advertised it on Instagram but I honestly can't remember? Can anyone help me out? I'm just doing some research for the petition, haha.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

4 hours ago, Beautiful Loser said:

The more I try to remember how this all started... like... were we ever 100% sure this was legit? I can't remember if I signed up for LDR Village emails or if they were sent out because I'm subsribed to Lana's news letters. Elle had contact with the owner regarding discounts and the DLC jacket? I remember Lana showing up to the surf shop, but not LDR Village events? I think Rob attended one just last year though. I went back in the comments in this thread and found an image of a card claiming that Interscope was behind the business, so I guess it was legit? I think Lana or Ben must've advertised it on Instagram but I honestly can't remember? Can anyone help me out? I'm just doing some research for the petition, haha.

I don’t have a screenshot but I know that Ben, Ed, and Lana all followed the LDR Village account on instagram just a few days ago. I can’t remember the other times they promoted it but it’s obvious it was an affiliated company up until recent.

hyz6.gif

48 minutes ago, Black to Blue said:

I don’t have a screenshot but I know that Ben, Ed, and Lana all followed the LDR Village account on instagram just a few days ago. I can’t remember the other times they promoted it but it’s obvious it was an affiliated company up until recent.

Good good, I forgot that they actually followed the account too. And that the village sold signed albums, I was reminded of that as I went through this thread.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

5 hours ago, Beautiful Loser said:

From what I remember, LDR Village popped up with the release of Chemtrails (March 19, 2021) and while I do remember we found it early before they announced it officially, I'm sure that Lana shared it on social media too

I searched through my emails and these seem to be the first emails I ever recieved from LDR Village/about LDR Village.

This one was sent directly from their email (I don't remember if I signed up for the email list or if they just sent it to me lol)

Spoiler

20231207-110857.jpg

20231207-110946.jpg

The second email is sent from Lana's official UK store (I can't find the US one for some reason) announcing the release of Chemtrails and while a lot of the images won't load anymore, there is one for LDR Village that shows that it is in fact an official merch store

Spoiler

20231207-111320.jpg

20231207-111355.jpg

There are other things that connect the two and prove that LDR Village was once an official store of Lana's, like the fact that she did the DNC photoshoot with the director of LDR Village and that they sold a design she made for Ocean Blvd (pink "u don't understand me" hoodie) but also that they provided merch for pop up events that were advertised by her and that she was supposed to attend.

The pop up events for Chemtrails and for Ocean Blvd were both advertised by her, for example and she posted on Instagram stories (I think) that she wanted to go to them but it was too busy or something lol ultimately, I think that whatever happened with LDR Village happened very recently, sometime after March/the release of Ocean Blvd

I agree that tap management should do more though, but maybe they thought it was shut down after the Ocean Blvd release? Maybe LDR Village bringing back the Surf Shop merch was just them trying to get rid of stock before they shut down for good but Tap sent them a cease and desist and they can't fulfill orders now? Idk :brigitte::eek3:

6 hours ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Lana definitely advertised LDRvillage at some point. I remember it. 

faSE.gif

6 hours ago, Beautiful Loser said:

1 hour ago, Black to Blue said:

11 minutes ago, Three White Butterflies said:

Lana definitely advertised LDRvillage at some point. I remember it. 

Remember Lana wore the rear eyes hoodie from ldrvillage to Rob's album release party? They advertised it as buy her hoodie, and people posted pics wearing it, too. So some people got merch from this collection. I also take this hoodie and Lana wearing it as a proof that they were still official at this point. 

It was expensive watch it 

i really don't get this. i know no one knows the full story yet, but if lana's team did decide to part ways with ldr village, why would they continue to let them exploit her name for profit? and scam her fans? this is so messy :brigitte:

violets in your eyes