Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

9 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

ARCADIA.. sounds so regal.

Hi guys my new album Arcadia drops on Oct 1

Until then I will be compiling my next book which is out on nov 1..

*tracklist with 20 songs omgie*

Arcadia makes me think of arcade halls, haha.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

2 hours ago, BrokenBoy said:

Maybe she scrapped Blue Banisters after the underwhelming response to the three songs. 

blue banisters (single) will literally be one of her most treasured, legendary tracks :smokeney: she also purposefully released them "quietly" - i don't think the trio were ever meant for mass consumption or at the v least, it would be strange to heavily market them. they just seem so private. and i'm reminded about the way textbook and wildflower wildfire are still hard to find on spotify lol (seemingly on purpose?)

but if the three are included in ldr8, i am curious about where and how they slip into the album tracklist

mUENGN9.png

Arcadia probably was considered as an album title because she was still with Clay at the moment and in love (the snippet is very much about not being able to keep your hands off your lover), and BB was probably about Sean… until she broke up and it could be about Clay as well. She might be more in a healing headspace right now, therefore going back to the BB title. (God that album has more names than a personality disorder)

40 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

She might be more in a healing headspace right now, therefore going back to the BB title. (God that album has more names than a personality disorder)

all the best things are crazy :brows:

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Arcadia probably was considered as an album title because she was still with Clay at the moment and in love (the snippet is very much about not being able to keep your hands off your lover), and BB was probably about Sean… until she broke up and it could be about Clay as well. She might be more in a healing headspace right now, therefore going back to the BB title. (God that album has more names than a personality disorder)

I honestly don’t want her to change the album title, BB is the perfect track to be the title track. It’s about healing, moving on, enjoying the people around us. The title is poetic, weird, abrupt (why choose something as simple as banisters and give them so much meaning by painting them blue/green/gray?). If there are still revenge tracks left on the album, BB could also be a great metaphor of moving on from the hate she received too, not only from the pain of a breakup

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

:legend: sooo lead single & pre-order out in two weeks, you guys! - Album out in four :legend:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Might be an unpopular opinion but I would really love for her to end BB/Arcadia(?) with a slightly slower and jazzier version of La Isla Bonita, with the bongos & guitar from Yosemite and the dreamy, stripped back atmosphere of Arcadia. It would fit the 'paradise' theme and would close the album on an uplifting note with the lovely vocal layering on the outro.

7 hours ago, That Venice Bitch said:

BOZ was vague about both of them. He never said outright that they would both be on the album, but he alluded to the fact that they would be. He was just using wordplay to skirt around the subject for whatever reason

Also didn't Lana/Mike like a comment from a fan saying if Cherry Blossom would be on it?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

4 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

Also didn't Lana/Mike like a comment from a fan saying if Cherry Blossom would be on it?

Yes, Lana liked an instagram post where the caption mentioned Cherry Blossom and Thunder being on the album.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png