Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Just now, Alison by Slowdive said:

Can her Japanese era also mean adding Is This Happiness and Flipside to Spotify :trisha:

no cuz this little lady pissed me awf!!!!! i really don’t understand why they cant just shove them on spotify legit top two on uv

and even if they did, it would be ‘Ultraviolence - Deluxe (Special Edition)’ meaning nobody would know about it :trisha:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

im curious about how this album's gonna be structured im thinking something like:

1. Blue Banisters
  2. Untitled jazz serve single
  3. Loved You Then and Now
  4. Dealer
  5. Wildflower Wildfire
  6. ???
  7. ???
  8. Text Book
  9. ???
  10. ???
  11. ???
  12. ???
  13. Thunder
  14. Cherry Blossom

3 minutes ago, Style said:

no cuz this little lady pissed me awf!!!!! i really don’t understand why they cant just shove them on spotify legit top two on uv

and even if they did, it would be ‘Ultraviolence - Deluxe (Special Edition)’ meaning nobody would know about it :trisha:

Yes! Someone seriously needs to ask Ben (or Ed) about this when things have quietened down 

mUENGN9.png

1 hour ago, Rachel97 said:

If she does put Thunder and Cherry Blossom on there, I'm half hoping she'll put them as bonus tracks. If this is still her revenge album, they wouldn't fit in and I'd love an album of angry Lana with the three singles to kind of introduce it

I don't get the vibe this is going to be a fiery/angry revenge type rhetoric. Honestly I think her revenge will be singing about the things she wants to sing about that people originally shit on her for. That and also not feeding into the media machine that scrutinized her. That said she kind of does feed into it with some of her antics and posts but I think she will make it a point to blatantly disregard them with the album rollout. I.e. interviews and things of that nature. We will see though! I was hyped for a fiery revenge mood when she first said that and I still wouldn't be opposed to some tracks covering that but I think she has shifted directions or never meant it in a more literal sense.

2 minutes ago, not all who wander r lost said:

im curious about how this album's gonna be structured im thinking something like:

1. Blue Banisters
  4. Dealer
  5. Wildflower Wildfire
  6. ???
  7. ???
  8. Text Book
  9. ???
  10. ???
  11. ???
  12. ???
  13. Thunder
  14. Cherry Blossom

Wasn't Loved You Then and Now removed? Agree with the rest of it though

Just now, Rachel97 said:

Wasn't Loved You Then and Now removed? Agree with the rest of it though

yeah i'm just doing wishful thinking :wub:

1 minute ago, Rachel97 said:

If she does put Thunder and Cherry Blossom on there, I'm half hoping she'll put them as bonus tracks. If this is still her revenge album, they wouldn't fit in and I'd love an album of angry Lana with the three singles to kind of introduce it

I think Thunder would fit in well on a revenge-themed album (revenge for Lana being, explaining herself) as the song is all about getting your emotions out before they do some serious damage

mUENGN9.png

29 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I love Cherry Blossom but I think 1 unreleased in the album is enough for me (unless she heavily reworked the songs or we get like 16 tracks) but at the end of the day is not her fault the songs leaked so... I respect her decision.

Or maybe we are getting the unreleased collection too :smile2:

Cherry Blossom is good track to close the album (everything is better than awful cover like For Free) but Thunder... It would be nice but for 25 track unreleased album.

Mmeow~

1. Blue Banisters
  4. Dealer
  5. Wildflower Wildfire
  6. ???
  7. ???
  8. Text Book
  9. ???
  10. ???
  11. ???
  12. ???
  13. Thunder
  14. Cherry Blossom

i know if the album is called BB it has to be the opening track but i really want this new single to open the album :trisha: i hope boz is right n she switches the title

5 minutes ago, DLT said:

I don't get the vibe this is going to be a fiery/angry revenge type rhetoric. Honestly I think her revenge will be singing about the things she wants to sing about that people originally shit on her for. That and also not feeding into the media machine that scrutinized her. That said she kind of does feed into it with some of her antics and posts but I think she will make it a point to blatantly disregard them with the album rollout. I.e. interviews and things of that nature. We will see though! I was hyped for a fiery revenge mood when she first said that and I still wouldn't be opposed to some tracks covering that but I think she has shifted directions or never meant it in a more literal sense.

True, the revenge bit might be the songs she scrapped, and now she's going for more personal and introspective songs if the three singles are on there

Hoping the original concept is released at some point though

2 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

i know if the album is called BB it has to be the opening track but i really want this new single to open the album :trisha: i hope boz is right n she switches the title

I'd rather her keep BB as the title and break her cycle then her retitle it lol!

3 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

I'll agree if she keeps the cover

1 minute ago, Rachel97 said:

True, the revenge bit might be the songs she scrapped, and now she's going for more personal and introspective songs if the three singles are on there

Hoping the original concept is released at some point though

Agreed! When Boz mentioned that almost all was scrapped that left me with a pang of wonder for what was! It is hard bc she is so prolific. Like I know we all want to hear everything but there is just so much and of course she cannot release it all lol. Maybe one day!

Lana after seeing everyone freaking out about the July 4th date 

imageproxy.jpg

I'll agree if she keeps the cover

Yes, the album cover is non negotiable lol! I can forgive a title change but to share this cover and not use it, no mam.

I love the album title 'Blue Banisters' now that the album cover helps with the overall concept

But imagine if she changed the title to 'Sierra Madre' alluding to how she's her own mother now and is immoveable (like said by Yosemite) :oprah:

Spoiler

but it's also what she compared her literal "chest" to so

mUENGN9.png

I’m confident this album will be amazing. Chemtrails was her least good in my opinion because it just felt like Norman leftovers (some songs were great though). 

So far this new project feels so much stronger musically and lyrically. Also that new snippet sounds so beautiful. Can’t wait to hear more!