Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

32 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

also, now I know this could be a total coincidence but BOZ was playing Tv in black in white on his last.fm today. 

I don't really know who produced each song and stuff, but he has recently scrobbled interesting stuff...

* TV in Black and White

* Nectar of the Gods

* Let Me Love You (Demo)

* Yes to Heaven (Stint Demo) / (James Ford Demo)

* The Blackest Day (Stint Demo)

* UFB (ft. Barrie)

:eartha2:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

honestly tv in black & white would make sense... it is quite personal if you read the lyrics, and i think it has a lot of potential, judging from it's acapella demo titled "living without you" it's really melancholic & vulnerable with stripped-down production, @ShadesOfFool it's your time to shine!

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 minute ago, plastiscguy said:

I don't really know who produced each song and stuff, but he has recently scrobbled interesting stuff...

* TV in Black and White

* Nectar of the Gods

* Let Me Love Your (Demo)

* UFB (ft. Barrie)

I think LMLY is LMLYLAW UV demo. 

nectar of the gods has to be color blue right? So maybe that’s the true title of it

1 minute ago, plastiscguy said:

* TV in Black and White

* Nectar of the Gods

* Let Me Love Your (Demo)

* UFB (ft. Barrie)

I don't think he'd scrobble the album (un)intentionally :eartha2:

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

honestly tv in black & white would make sense... it is quite personal if you read the lyrics, and i think it has a lot of potential, judging from it's acapella demo titled "living without you" it's really melancholic & vulnerable with stripped-down production, @ShadesOfFool it's your time to shine!

this is my moment 4 life

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

A TV in Black and White rework would be so interesting, especially if the vocals were re-recorded. I'd love to hear Lana's take on that song 10 years later

imageproxy.jpg

2 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

I think LMLY is LMLYLAW UV demo. 

nectar of the gods has to be color blue right? So maybe that’s the true title of it

nectar of the gods, arcadia... :wat:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 minute ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

nectar of the gods, arcadia... :wat:

it’s all coming together ladies 

5 minutes ago, The Siren said:

I don't think he'd scrobble the album (un)intentionally :eartha2:

He actually scrobbles unreleased albums all the time with fake titles or just acronyms 

it’s how some people found out details on Kacey musgraves album if I’m not mistaken. I only ever look when I am searching for Lana info after he gives info lol :rip:

I found something interesting... James Ford is a member of The Last Shadow Puppets. We know Lana worked with them (tracks like California, Dealer, Dope and Thunder came from their sessions)

There's a Yes to Heaven demo produced by James Ford. Could it be the version that Lana wanted on Chemtrails? :omg: 

truthfully, i can't think of too many of her older songs that would really have a place on this album tbh. a lot of her older work is really defined by her lovesick, almost desperate attitude. like, pledging her undying devotion to men who she knows will never return her affection. songs like tv in black and white, wild on you, etc are very much in this vein. 

but lana has kind of shed that, and her recent music is more mellow and confident. her current shit is a lot less "please don't leave me or i'll literally fucking die" and more of "stay if you want but i'll be fine either way." 

so releasing some of that old stuff now, no matter how much i personally adore those songs, might be a bit weird and counterproductive to this evolution she's portrayed. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Just now, plastiscguy said:

I found something interesting... James Ford is a member of The Last Shadow Puppets. We know Lana worked with them (tracks like California, Dealer, Dope and Thunder came from their sessions)

There's a Yes to Heaven demo produced by James Ford. Could it be the version that Lana wanted on Chemtrails? :omg: 

so far it seems like this song was considered for ultraviolence, honeymoon, the scrapped album, & chemtrails, possibly blue banisters :thumb:

honestly i really want this "james ford" demo of yes to heaven, although i'm not the biggest fan of that song, i just know this version slaps :thumb:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

No, because it really makes sense! Lana seems to like YTH enough to re-work it many times, but for some reason it never ends up on any album.

Maybe she wanted it on the album with TLSP? As the project was ultimately scrapped, she re used California, and almost used Dealer and YTH on Chemtrails (and now Thunder on BB!)

Blue Banisters 

-Blue Banisters

-A Table For One

-Widow (feat. Bruce Springsteen)

-I Begged For It Back

-Text Book 

-Malibu 

//

-Arcadia

-Winter At Fordham

-Hospital Bracelet 

-Wildflower Wildfire 

-Swan Song (Reprise)

uFYvUsT.jpg

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Just now, Surf Noir said:

so far it seems like this song was considered for ultraviolence, honeymoon, the scrapped album, & chemtrails, possibly blue banisters :thumb:

honestly i really want this "james ford" demo of yes to heaven, although i'm not the biggest fan of that song, i just know this version slaps :thumb:

I mean, the song is already perfect imo, but with a bigger production ala Cali/Thunder? :hdu: 

I wonder if this means we might get Dealer after all. She seems to love the songs that came from the TLSP sessions :teehee: