Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Just now, gsnlp said:

Why are we saying the 5 outtakes are recognized songs by fans? I think they are never heard songs 

I think they’re a mix of both. 

2 confirmed songs are Thunder and Cherry Blossom. One is for sure a confirmed unheard song written by her and Barrie. The other 3 are unknown I think. 

3 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

I think they’re a mix of both. 

2 confirmed songs are Thunder and Cherry Blossom. One is for sure a confirmed unheard song written by her and Barrie. The other 3 are unknown I think. 

I really hope this is the case 

0YnL0Kf.gif

7 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

May someone please post BoZ and Eclipse’s exact posts?? Like not just paraphrasing

In response to someone asking if the songs have been reworked:

“Some were, some weren't, I won't spoil these details“

Also:

But again these are all just my opinions. The original album had older songs too, but they were much better choices including Fine China which imo is still one of her best songs. But she cut them and replaced with demos I do not care about at all, but I'm probably just wrong and Lana knows what she is doing. I just personally wish that if she is to re-use material from old sessions we would get the iconic ones like FC, Yes to Heaven, Hollywood or fans-desired like idk Roses Bloom For You or UFB. I don't blame her for putting leaked stuff, cause of course it's not her fault, it's fans fault for listening to things that aren't released officially, but I just wish she picked something better.

so we know for sure that FC, YTH, Hollywood, RBFY and UFB will not be any of the songs on the album. 

thunder and cherry blossom are confirmed to be on the album. 

there’s a few more, but nothing with a lot of information that isn’t already said above 

If there’s gonna be vinyl variants then each cover has to be different :oprah3: i know target will deliver, but no point in having 50 diff vinyl pressings if the covers will all be standard 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

3 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

If there’s gonna be vinyl variants then each cover has to be different :oprah3: i know target will deliver, but no point in having 50 diff vinyl pressings if the covers will all be standard 

Well if the LP colours are different that alone people would collect :oprah3:

I always prefer the LP colour/s to match the artwork so if the target edition has an alt cover I  hope the LP isn't red. 

Just now, Rainbows said:

When does she usually drop pre orders? A couple months before the release date? If so, the announcement has to be coming next month right?

For this album's rollout it could be at literally any time

1 minute ago, Rainbows said:

When does she usually drop pre orders? A couple months before the release date? If so, the announcement has to be coming next month right?

COCC was 2 months

NFR and HM were only 1. 

LFL was only like two weeks before I think? But also that rollout was a disaster and we had the trailer, singles, cover and tracklist Weeks to months before so the preorder was kinda underwhelming if I remember correctly

but ya, it’s gotten increasingly harder to predict with recent albums :rip: 

22 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

BOZ just said the only reason why the album was delayed was the vinyl process 

He says this but then says she only settled on the tracklist and BB title recently so the delay is still down to Lana?

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

I have to say, it's always strangely good news to find out the album delay is due to vinyl production rather than anything else (if what BoZ is saying is true). I'll have to start saving up for yet another Target special edition :beyonce:

imageproxy.jpg

Can I get controversial and say I hope she doesn’t go back in and rework any more old songs? 

They’re perfect how they are and no ones tryna hear the folk version of Your Girl tbh

that piano version of Thunder….like is she fr? :scoff:

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

I really would love something that would sound like Disco but with different lyrics (more adapted to her songwriting these days). 

Anyways, Honeymoon is my favorite album of hers alongside NFR and I’m sure most people would describe it as a boring ballad album - even though it’s probably the richest, most intricate and intoxicating album (production wise) she has ever done. I’m positive and hopeful for this one and I’m sure she’ll put out something gorgeous and special as always but I confess I want a bit more diversity beyond piano and airy synths. That’s kinda why I’m worried about the Thunder rework. The original is strong as it is and I’m sad that it’s probably gonna have a different essence to it than the one I’m used to but that’s not her responsibility and I’ll trust her instinct as always.

I would prefer if the questions people are asking BOZ were more about the sonority rather than which unreleased tracks are going to be featured. I feel like I have zero curiosity to know that in advance.

IMG-1607.jpg

Just now, Golden Hour said:

Two questions: is the title still Blue Banisters? and is that piano version of Thunder fake?

Yes to the first (Arcadia not being the title is a hate crime), no idea to the second one.

IMG-1607.jpg

8 hours ago, Elle said:

oh no, don't hold me accountable for this! :hide:

I would actually love for Colour Blue to be released, for the sole reason of finding out what the true title is. Truly one of the biggest LDR unsolved mysteries x

what are the theories so far? i think 'freeway' could be an apt title :hair: 

mUENGN9.png