Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

BoZ has been spilling all day about BB

so far we know that :

- has more than 11 songs;

- all three singles are there plus Arcadia;

- there are 6 outtakes from previous projects on it. Thunder, Cherry Blossom and others, including one where Barrie is credited (could be Wild on you/ Colour Blue). These outtakes are mostly demos that she decided to finish. Fine China was considered at some point but got tossed aside. We also know that these songs aren’t Yes to Heaven, UFB. Maybe/probably  Dealer. 
- there is a lot of piano (BoZ doesn’t love the album, but he stopped loving her ages ago. Eclipse got into a mini fight this morning with him saying it could be one of her best - though he doesn’t seem to have heard it all).

For the girlies tuning back in. 

Just now, Rorman Nockwell said:

Idk what's right and what's real anymore, but if it's true that there are 5 outtakes on this album then that tells me that she's struggling to come up with new ideas and it's not a good sign from a creative perspective. 

Obviously I'm not going to judge an album I haven't heard but it makes me very apprehensive. 

i wouldn't judge until we've heard the album, or until we know what songs she's added, it's like we've been discussing, she's always done this, i guess not multiple songs, however i don't see why she can't rework & recycle old material if she thinks it deserves an official release, her fans constantly beg her to release her unreleased songs, so why is this warrenting criticism? i don't even really like the idea of adding leaked material to albums but i'll stay optimistic about it because i trust her vision

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

2 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Idk what's right and what's real anymore, but if it's true that there are 5 outtakes on this album then that tells me that she's struggling to come up with new ideas and it's not a good sign from a creative perspective. 

Obviously I'm not going to judge an album I haven't heard but it makes me very apprehensive. 

The only good reason I can think of for doing that would be if the theme is somehow retrospective, but even then ...

Valid points have been made buuuuut she could be seriously reworking the five unreleased tracks depending on what she's choosing from her vast vault. Especially if said five tracks are from earlier on in her career :oprah3: 

I'm here for it honestly. As long as its not another Next Best American Record/Black Beauty mess. 

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Just now, Surf Noir said:

i wouldn't judge until we've heard the album, or until we know what songs she's added, it's like we've been discussing, she's always done this, i guess not multiple songs, however i don't see why she can't rework & recycle old material if she thinks it deserves an official release, her fans constantly beg her to release her unreleased songs, so why is this warrenting criticism? i don't even really like the idea of adding leaked material to albums but i'll stay optimistic about it because i trust her vision

Like I said - not judging until I hear the album but from a creative perspective: new ideas versus old ideas? No contest. 

With that said I'm not opposed to her revamping and releasing older material at all, but five on one album is a bit of a red flag imo

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Even though the modern pop industry pushes the concept of music only having value if it's "fresh" and "new", it's  completely normal that artists keep ideas/concepts/songs around for a long time before releasing them. 

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

2 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

that's why we never got UFB :oprah3: it's the closing track

unidentified flying bill with a mike dean twist sounds delicious :oprah3: and i haven't even heard it yet :oprah3: we should still leak the 2013 version, though :oprah3:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

i hope unreleased stuff doesn’t mean trash like i talk to jesus, angels forever or fine china. We could use trash magic, because of you or disco tho. But idk what’s the point of releasing song that leaked and is already popular amongst fans? Reworking often times ruins it (BP comes to mind). 

Wait, okay, so I'm guessing the outtakes are

1. Cherry Blossom (2013)
2. Dealer (2016-17)

3. Fine China (2013)
4. Thunder (2016-17)
5. Yes to Heaven (2013)

And BlackoutZone said there was a sixth one, right? What's that?

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

Just now, Kimi said:

i hope unreleased stuff doesn’t mean trash like i talk to jesus, angels forever or fine china. We could use trash magic, because of you or disco tho. But idk what’s the point of releasing song that leaked and is already popular amongst fans? Reworking often times ruins it (BP comes to mind). 

:horror:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

I’m honestly really interested that we’re getting unreleased songs, especially if they’re older (like UV and older). I feel like as she grew older, the subject matter of her songs changed (as expected). it’ll be interesting to see how much the lyrics of the three singles will contrast with her older songs that were written through a younger perspective 

sgopYhV.gif

Just now, Thunder Corpse said:

Even though the modern pop industry pushes the concept of music only having value if it's "fresh" and "new", it's  completely normal that artists keep ideas/concepts/songs around for a long time before releasing them. 

Idk if this is because of what I said but that's not what I was saying. 

I'm talking about new versus old ideas. An over reliance on the latter could indicate a lack of the former. (Could - not does - before anyone jumps)

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

2 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

For example, when Freddie Mercury contracted HIV/AIDS, he told his bandmates that they can do whatever they want to what he records his voice for so long as it's "not boring". He died in 1991 and there's been a final Queen album in 1995 and a final solo album last year remixing previously known songs. 

2 minutes ago, Kimi said:

Are you even a Lana fan then? :what: