Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Hmm. The main issue for me with her doing an album of mostly unreleased work is that it’s a years’-old writing style for her. I was excited to hear her push the stream of consciousness style that had been emerging as opposed to the sing-song verse-chorus fare, though she is of course brilliant at that. I’m just not sure how they’ll quite fit next to the recent singles. Hopefully they’ll be reworked around that, and if not, hey, there’ll be another album. I make music myself, and it’s amazing how one day you love what you make and hate it the next, I just hope she doesn’t lose confidence in her craft.

I think I'm gonna die :trisha: DROP IT NOW

If I am getting that right, we'll get:

1. Blue Bannisters

2. Arcadia

3. Text Book

4. Wildfire Wildflower

5-10. Outtakes from other projects (including maybe Dealer)

11-?. EVEN MORE?!!

:godlaugh: her best album is coming BOZ has no taste :crying:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

4 minutes ago, be sweet said:

nah rideordie

Thank you! He seems to enjoy the new album although it doesn't seem like he knows as much as BOZ. I wish one of them would spill a date or at least how long we have to wait. I know BOZ said wait a few weeks but that doesn't really mean much

6 minutes ago, hashtagtylerh said:

Thank you! He seems to enjoy the new album although it doesn't seem like he knows as much as BOZ. I wish one of them would spill a date or at least how long we have to wait. I know BOZ said wait a few weeks but that doesn't really mean much

anytime! I mean at least we got confirmation of it arriving sometime this year and idm waiting tbh

If you ask me, I'd love Wild One, Serene Queen, Dealer and Thunder in the album, but also I would love only Dealer and maybe the other 4-5 outtakes be chosen from the unleaked / unknown songs so we have all new-for-us material :sass: 

I mean, if we are going to be getting outtakes, it would be great that they are not (mostly) leaked songs. Look at Yosemite in Chemtrails. Scrapped from LFL and a true folk beauty :oprah: maybe she has some gems saved for future releases that we haven't heard and they're still going to be brand-new for us! Just a retouch here and there and she could find home for many of her scrapped songs.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

17 minutes ago, hashtagtylerh said:

Where did Eclipse and him fight? Is Eclipse Venice on atrl?

It was about loving or not the new album. It was not a fight but a  friendly « confrontation » maybe? BoZ isn’t a big fan of what he heard (but he doesn’t seem to Stan her anymore, Quite frankly) and Eclipse said he loves the singles and the snippet of Arcadia, saying it’s her best album yet (he doesn’t seem to have heard much more than us)

wild one could fit the personal & tell-all theme of the album since she's talking about her ex-boyfriend from 2009, mike, who she hasn't really directed talked about before, and she does it in a very confessional & introspective way, yet still a banger with it's own celebratory elements :smile:

I'M A WIIIIIIILDDD ONEEE :justride2:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

30 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

blue banisters

1. thunder

2. hollywood

3. arcadia

4. sunburn

5. text book

6. neon shadows

7. dealer

8. dharma

9. wildflower wildfire

10. i talk to jesus

11. living legend

12. cherry blossom

13. blue banisters

14. happiest girl in the u.s.a

Idk why but I read Diarrhea instead of Dharma :bebe:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Okay what the fuck is happening? Why are there 100 posts in a couple of hours. I read a couple of pages but I still don't understand a thing. Are some songs getting leaked? Did she reveal something? 

:illumarina:

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

1 minute ago, VioletBunny said:

Ok so something that’s interesting to me is that the Barrie song seems completely unheard by anyone until now. It’s gonna be good omg

definitely the best thing spilled about this album so far imo

if you think about it, she's always reworked/recycled songs from previous eras for her albums

diet mountain dew was originally conceptualized in 2008, and recorded in 2009, so it's a bit older than most of the born to die tracks, yayo was reworked for paradise, it was originally recorded in 2008 for ldrakalg (although i will say, the original version is 10x better :stareney:) old money was reworked from methamphetamines, which is from the lizzy grant era, beautiful people, beautiful problems was originally recorded in 2014, and yosemite was originally recorded in 2015, so it's definitely something she's done before, and i think a lot of other artists probably do the same

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

I just realized Cherry Blossom could be about Lana singing to her younger self,  to Lizzy:oprah2: 

" Little ghost , blonde hair with lemonade tea, you're very brave and  very free":cryney2: now it makes sense why she put it on BB

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: