Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

imagine if she reworked/recycled from some of her more obscure, lowkey tracks, like ben, bentley, or c u l8r alligator, these tracks are quite haunting and have gorgeous melodies :trisha: 

My song 57 and Joshy & I  :trisha:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I get wanting new unheard songs, but it isn't really Lana's fault if we illegally listen to leaked stolen music. Also, every album has, at least, one outtake (that we know, there might be some we don't even know about):

Born to Die: Diet Mountain Dew, National Anthem, Hey Lolita Hey

Paradise: Cola (if the laptop demo is real),  Yayo

Ultraviolence: Old Money/Methamphetamines

Honeymoon: 24 (007 soundtrack) + SYTH, Wild One and Beautiful People

Lust for Life: Beautiful People Beautiful Problems

NFR: California, TNBAR

COCC: LMLYLAW, Wild at Heart, Not All Who Wander Are Lost/Wanderlust, Yosemite + SYTH

Also: I Can Fly (from UV) and Young and Beautiful (from Paradise)

What's this stuff about old songs being reworked? What page does that discussion start? I'm so confused lol :deadbanana:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

c'mon, if it's Lana's music, it can never be bad.

That's just how it is, regardless it's piano flops or not.

It's Lana after all.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

I get wanting new unheard songs, but it isn't really Lana's fault if we illegally listen to leaked stolen music. Also, every album has, at least, one outtake (that we know, there might be some we don't even know about):

Born to Die: Diet Mountain Dew, National Anthem, Hey Lolita Hey

Paradise: Cola (if the laptop demo is real),  Yayo

Ultraviolence: Old Money/Methamphetamines

Honeymoon: 24 (007 soundtrack) + SYTH, Wild One and Beautiful People

Lust for Life: Beautiful People Beautiful Problems

NFR: California, TNBAR

COCC: LMLYLAW, Wild at Heart, Not All Who Wander Are Lost/Wanderlust, Yosemite + SYTH

Also: I Can Fly (from UV) and Young and Beautiful (from Paradise)

this also brings up the possibility that some of the songs from her discography could've been outtakes or reworked from entirely different eras and we might not know it at all, it's really fascinating that ultraviolence has a song which originated in 2007/2008, and cotcc has a song which originated in 2014, obviously they were reworked a lot, but it's quite interesting speculating on this part of her creative process, also, lana herself confirmed the cola demo, idk if she ever said specifically if it was a laptop demo/rough concept, though

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

and think bigger: the reason she delayed the album is to include a song called "Liz, I'm Calling from California" that she "might" see on lanaboards :xgiggle:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

16 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

I'm so excited I just know a major serve is coming :gurl: her second album in one year :gurl: her 8th studio album :gurl: 

:gurl:

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

3 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

EXCUSE ME???? WAS SHE SUPPOSED TO DO A 007 SONG?????

Yesssss, but I think she lost to Sam Smith/Adele

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

some of the songs from her discography could've been outtakes or reworked from entirely different eras and we might not know it at all

I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow some insider said that Born to Die was originally the folk stripped jazzy AKA sequel that no leaker has and only Nikki Lane has a copy.

9 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

EXCUSE ME???? WAS SHE SUPPOSED TO DO A 007 SONG?????

It’s unclear. She got asked about 24 being a possible contender for the movie and said that « nobody approached her about that movie ».

and yet, 24 happened when the 24th Bond film was made… anyways, that Bond was horrible and Americans rarely have a chance of ever doing the theme song to the Bond franchise. 

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

It’s unclear. She got asked about it and said that « nobody approached her about that movie ».

and yet, 24 happened when the 24th Bond film was made… 

There are also strong rumours that the song was, in fact, originally recorded for the Bond soundtrack, but the studio didn't like it, same thing happened to Spectre by Radiohead

10 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I'm confused, are the new song unreleaseds or outtakes? I see those two as totally different things. 

Both apparently. Some were leaked and other are rumoured demos that she finished, if we got Boz’s posts straight. 

2 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

There are also strong rumours that the song was, in fact, originally recorded for the Bond soundtrack, but the studio didn't like it, same thing happened to Spectre by Radiohead

Agreed! It’s too suspicious that the song is called 24 when it was the 24th Bond movie…

Idk what's right and what's real anymore, but if it's true that there are 5 outtakes on this album then that tells me that she's struggling to come up with new ideas and it's not a good sign from a creative perspective. 

Obviously I'm not going to judge an album I haven't heard but it makes me very apprehensive. 

The only good reason I can think of for doing that would be if the theme is somehow retrospective, but even then ...

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream