Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Have we finished putting every single combination of numbers available into the Shazam link, to discover the tracklist yet?

:oprah3:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Contemplating God said:

Have we finished putting every single combination of numbers available into the Shazam link, to discover the tracklist yet?

:oprah3:

lets try that

Spoiler

Lanas mind is a map of delulu

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

We saw this info right?

More information and a partial rant
Most of the so called ‘stans’ that are stupidly obsessed with “the old Lana” and her unreleased pop tracks won’t be as pleased. Though it should be clear now that that youthful sound and lyrical style is simply not who Lana is anymore. If you want that, listen to her unreleased or older work. As this perception of her as ‘racist’, ‘lazy’, ‘republican’ is simply untrue. Just look at text book. It’s a song about her finding love under the circumstances of the blm movement but it also touches on the deeper issues of the US.
“Text book literally signifies the songs focus on American history”
“If I go blond...” Lana personifies America itself that is unable to find ‘men that felt right’ which again stands for the whole idea of founding fathers who’s values have not been upheld due to racial issues.
‘Old man river keeps rolling’- the continuation of these issues.
(Several of the unreleased are reworked with better lyrics and production, I don’t get why people don’t understand what “reworked” means...). But this album is her best and is the culmination of her entire career both lyrically and sonically. Please listen with an open mind.
Stars
“Tell me to the stars...”
It borrows the melody of never let me go and has much better lyrics that keep some aspects of the original
Good god
“Depend on me to lose your name...”
Same productions style as stars and thunder, with the same emphasis on blues style background vocals
Live or die
“Tulips in my hair...”
The best way to describe it is a mix between cola and thunder but is not as dramatic as cola.

8 minutes ago, The Siren said:

We saw this info right?

Most of the so called ‘stans’ that are stupidly obsessed with “the old Lana” and her unreleased pop tracks won’t be as pleased. Though it should be clear now that that youthful sound and lyrical style is simply not who Lana is anymore. If you want that, listen to her unreleased or older work. As this perception of her as ‘racist’, ‘lazy’, ‘republican’ is simply untrue. Just look at text book. It’s a song about her finding love under the circumstances of the blm movement but it also touches on the deeper issues of the US.
“If I go blond...” Lana personifies America itself that is unable to find ‘men that felt right’ which again stands for the whole idea of founding fathers who’s values have not been upheld due to racial issues.
(Several of the unreleased are reworked with better lyrics and production, I don’t get why people don’t understand what “reworked” means...). But this album is her best and is the culmination of her entire career both lyrically and sonically. Please listen with an open mind.
Stars
It borrows the melody of never let me go and has much better lyrics that keep some aspects of the original
Good god
Same productions style as stars and thunder, with the same emphasis on blues style background vocals
Live or die
“Tulips in my hair...”
The best way to describe it is a mix between cola and thunder but is not as dramatic as cola.

Colaa??:trisha:

not Never Let Me Go :awkney: it better be a massive improvement because that song irritates my soul now

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I'm surprised we didn't talk about this more when Ben & Ed teased 2 albums. Chemtrails was already done when she Tweeted this so I wonder what she was talking about. Presumably Blue Banisters (then Rock Candy Sweet) and the Nikki Lane collab or American Standards & Classics

1 hour ago, The Siren said:

Wait were Chemtrails and BB being recorded at the same time? Saw this tweet in the Lanapedia page for Bb

Edit: By the way I don't mean we didn't talk about the idea of 2 albums in general, I was here during the 100s of pages of speculation and excitement (rightfully so, lol), I just meant I'm surprised no one brought up this Tweet specifically

Edited by hashtagtylerh

I DON'T WANNA LIVE 

MkOd.gif

I DON'T WANNA LIVE 

200.gif

DEALER COLLAPSE IS COMING

headbanging.gif

:defeated:

ARCADIA & PRE ORDER COMING IN 2 FUCKING DAYS:lange::oprah4:

32ea176073cdf19ada762923f3763b21.gif

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

51 minutes ago, The Siren said:

We saw this info right?

Stars
Good god
Live or die
“Tulips in my hair...”

let's wait till we get the tracklist - good god makes me think its fake

4 minutes ago, The Siren said:

So is sad girl :bebe:

sad girl is rly intriguing actually :true: 

Just now, Surf Noir said:

i think "sad girl" is iconic :bebe: i love how she took that "sad girl" image and made it into something powerful & defiant in that song... idk i just love it :bebe: 

exactly :cryney2: lana's irony and multitudinousness :cryney2:

mUENGN9.png

Can't stop listening to the Arcadia snippet, so gorgeous. Can't even imagine what comes right after "land rover" lol, will be so good to finally hear it. I think this is the most I've listened to a snippet. Hopefully it comes out at midnight local time so we have it Tuesday morning but if not I can wait of course. This album is really gonna be great I think, I love Blue Banisters, Text Book, Wildflower Wildfire, and Arcadia

2 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

sad girl is rly intriguing actually :true: 

exactly :cryney2: lana's irony and multitudinousness :cryney2:

everybody thought she was too depressing, and she made a powerful & atmospheric blues banger titled "sad girl"... it's so powerful :illumilana2:

WGe8ynS.gif

2 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

um it took my adhd riddled brain literal hours on and off to catch up on this thread lol but i still just forgot everything i read 

Dealer is a supposed masterpiece is all I took from it

hi y'all i finally made an account after lurking forever bc i had my first ever lana dream :party:

in the dream i was walking around a farmers market in a park while listening to wayamaya so now I’m manifesting a bright sunny yellow crisp fall album with folky yet bluesy but also rock & gospel influences (in the vein of thunder and a dash of textbook verses and perhaps a hint of tostb on dealer :dua:) bc the three singles already give very much autumn vibes

anyways claiming track 3 bc they’re always godly :true: