Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Just now, Gothicula said:

the instagram post is still up :eek3:

Just now, CinnamonGay said:

@Lentilus she deleted the fb things long  back. check her IG. It's still there. 

OMG you guys are right!! but damn, hope really IS a dangerous thing! :trisha:

Just now, TJFreak said:

Instagram post is still up for me :raven:

OMG just checked me too! But for how long :bebe:

Just now, Skid Row Cherry Pie said:

wait what

what the FUCK happened while I was sleeping????????? 

New album announced called Rock Candy Sweet. Set to release June 1 Not a joke REAL T:trisha:

Maybe in her head she was just joking and didn’t expect to be taken seriously that’s why she’s deleting things... even tho signs point towards an album already finished or in progress :eartha2:

We know her team reads us, come on Ben don’t be shy give us a hint of what’s going on :benmawson:

Lanarat.png

13 minutes ago, Fart Deco said:

Maybe in her head she was just joking and didn’t expect to be taken seriously that’s why she’s deleting things... even tho signs point towards an album already finished or in progress :eartha2:

We know her team reads us, come on Ben don’t be shy give us a hint of what’s going on :benmawson:

imagine if she was trolling and expected us all to understand but after seeing us take it so seriously she’s rushing into the studio to actually make and release an album in 73 days to not piss us off again :oprah2: 

RVhKIwP.gif

10 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Imagine this ended up being a bubblegum pop Y2K kind of album? I would be living for it

Wait I thought I was like the only person who knew this song.... I remember it was used in the MTV Scream series opening death and I loved it

I bet it will be postponed for whatever reason, e.g. cause she choses to release "Institution" first.

Really hope that with that title, the album will not be as soft and lull as CoCc. And I pray that the pic from insta is not the actual cover lol.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Well, we know:

- COCC was finished last summer. Around that time she already had Dealer and wasn't sure whether she'd put it on COCC or not.

- In November, she tweeted she was currently working on two albums.
- In January, she gave the Music Weekly interview that was published this month, where she already had an album title in mind that summed up "the last 18 months" (Rock Candy Sweet). Her managers confirmed she was working on two albums then, too, but we all found this out just a few days ago.

- In January, after the Annie Mac interview, she said a few days after giving the Music Weekly interview that she already knew what she was doing next.

- Last month, she and her brother both posted 'rock' emojis before deleting.

- She announced the new album today.

So as far as we know, it could have been in the works as early as Summer 2020, and will be released around a year later, but now only a few months after COCC. I'm not going to read into deleting the (messy) IG stories as long as the announcement post itself is still up. Tap Music liked the IG post, too, so they know about the album.

I don't buy the quick turnaround means she doesn't like Chemtrails. She could have simply shelved the album if Rock Candy Sweet was already in the works and she didn't want to release it. I think she was just very inspired/fueled by her controversies last year (and even at the start of this year). By the time all of that happened, Chemtrails was already pretty much complete, and Jack was too busy with Taylor and other projects to return and expand on it anymore, so she had two separate projects in the end. Lana's always had a complicated relationship with her own work, and Jack said Chemtrails is his favorite album they've done together. So two albums for us this year - despite all the delays and bullshit, we're very lucky!