Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

32 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

in that case she can prepare herself to say goodbye to her career and so can we :bebe: she’s not beyoncé, the "lemme me stay silent" treatment won’t work for her, it barely works for beyoncé anymore and she’s 20 levels above lana popularity wise. if she seriously thinks barely cracking a million streams after weeks or having the atrocious numbers cocc did will let her keep her contract or be profitable for her label for another 10 years she’ll unfortunately soon have a very rude awakening. that combined with the fact most of the gp hate her and interscope having more and more new artists to focus on thus needing her less and less….i’ll give her another era before they’ll either drop her completely or cut her funds…. we’re threatened with even more homemade videos with nikki GOD TAKE ME OUT :blanche7::bebe:

She can live off BTD alone her whole life. Interscope will never drop her even if she does like 30k first week sales. I don't know why some of you act like you need to be like Ariana and have 100M streams on every song to be profitable. Lana barely does promo and doesn't even release a lot of videos and still is more successful that people that labels invest a lot of money on. She is the definition of profitable :smile2:

Also can we stop acting like Lana is now this underground artist that nobody listens to nowadays? She has 20M Spotify monthly listeners and had almost a billion streams in 2021 alone :eyeroll2:

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, shady said:

Not not wrong tho. In my country Lana's definitely more popular. I see my 13-14 year old cousins listening to BTD (now I see how my parents feel when I listen to 70s and 80s hits:rock:), Blue Jeans and Summertime Sadness is literally being played everyday on our most popular English pop radio. I literally can't buy Ultraviolence/BTD/HM vinyl because it gets sold out days after it arrives. Beyonce is definitely the Regina George of the pop music industry, more powerful and adored by the media while Lana is the underdog but I feel like Lana's music has more longevity. I don't see anyone listening Beyonce's old stuff besides Crazy in Love. 

Same thing. Lana is so fking popular in my country Xd I see random ppl all the time who have Blue Jeans etc. as ringtone. But Beyonce??? Who is she? Just a popular girl from America :crossed: Who listen to her for the music.

11 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

there’s no big deal? you’re just delusional and popularity/streams/sales aren’t a "well in my opinion" thing. they are facts and the fact is beyoncé has more of any of those than lana ever did. and none of this was even remotely my point we’re not here to compare those two artist (who don’t have anything to do with each other) and was just an exemple so i don’t even know why we’re having this conversation in the first place :awkney:

point is either lana changes her bratty childish antics and becomes the mature professional artist she once was or she’ll be OUT of the music industry in about a year 

:awkney: Lana could murder ur child and her music would be listened more than beyonce's anyway. Beyonce has the name and popularity but Lana has the music. BTD will be still listened next century when idk if Beonce will be even remembered at that time. The ppl will have new even more popular Bey kind of singer with tons of streams.

Mmeow~

I can understand the Beyonce argument and how Lana may be more popular than her in some countries. Take Kanye West for example. In America he's huge, but in the UK people don't really care for him. It all depends

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

8 minutes ago, Writer In The Dark said:

Also, remember Lana said she was nervous during Chemtrails release? I bet she expected the media to drag her hard and give the album bad ratings, but this didn't happen. I think in her head she thinks she's one against the world, a true "underdog" that will be respected only after her death.

i still don’t get why tho? like girl you literally had all the critical acclaim you’ve ever wanted during nfr? the sheer number of people who criticized her, locals and the media who finally started loving her… SHE destroyed all of that with her delusional feeling of persecution. she got the media to hate on her with that embarrassing letter. she put on that dumb mask to get a reaction out of people. she made those racially insensitive comments about the cover and black rapper bf’s. she said the embarrassing things during the annie interview. none of this would’ve ever happened if she didn’t speak about it in the first place. she wasn’t the underdog anymore she was the critically acclaimed grammy nominated songwriter everyone suddenly respected… she herself made people see her as the underdog again when they weren’t even doing it at that time… i get she’s probably traumatized from a decade of undeserved hate but why blow all of this the second you finally get the positive acclaim you always wanted ? god she’s so confusing :crying2:

15 minutes ago, DeluluKing said:

:awkney: Lana could murder ur child and her music would be more listened than beyonce's anyway. Beyonce has the name and popularity but Lana has the music. BTD will be still listened next century when idk if Beonce will be even remembered at that time. The ppl will have new even more popular Bey kind of singer with tons of streams.

your ass must be jealous of your mouth with the amount of shit that comes out of it :dua: and whatever you’re saying is starting to seem pretty anti black 

1 hour ago, lanasbottom said:

LORD the way some of y’all seriously lack comprehension issues literally WHERE did i ask her to do 2010-2014 btd stuff again??? all we’re asking for is for an artist to at least make a post to say “hi i dropped some music check it out" or do a performance, give a correct date without lying 6 times? giving concrete info and not some vague "idk when it’s coming hihi" every 3 months? how is that "toxic" to expect an artist to at least do the bare minimum lmao? like how do you wanna be excited for a release when the artist herself doesn’t even pretend to give a shit? some of y’all actually need to get out of this woman’s ass and stop excusing anything she says and does. and if you’re fine with it cool but stop preaching the same thing to anyone who isn’t. yes she has obligations towards everyone around her, wether you or her want it or not. the music industry is a business and this is her job, any job has obligations. if she doesn’t wanna do it she can become a baker or go live in the woods. again it’s not toxic to discuss such things (and it’d be cool to be finally able to do so without a bunch of cupcakes going "oMg sO tOxIC itS nOt 2012 aNyMoRE"). thank you. 

14h ago, “I know this ain’t 2010-2014 ldr anymore and that’s the whole problem”. It doesn’t take a genius to understand what it means...

Now yes, I agree, she should give us clarifications for the dates, but that’s it. You should stop having high expectations with her, back in the day she didn’t have as much control as she has now, she’s basically free to do whatever she wants and yes, it’s so freaking annoying that she gives us dates and then never comment on them again. But can we just stop complaining every day about it?? There aren’t even discussions anymore about it, just the same complaints over and over. It’s not gonna change a damn thing. I’m not saying I’m fine with it. But bashing her almost on a daily basis on every single thing she does or doesn’t do won’t make you sleep better at night, I promise.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

10 minutes ago, Frangipani said:

Do we know if she was part of the Gucci campaign or if she had worked on brand campaigns before?

Nadia? idk tbh but check out her insta! @nadialeelee

1 minute ago, FallingCherry said:

14h ago, “I know this ain’t 2010-2014 ldr anymore and that’s the whole problem”. It doesn’t take a genius to understand what it means...

apparently it does since you still didn’t get it :scoff:

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

She can live off BTD alone her whole life. Interscope will never drop her even if she does like 30k first week sales. I don't know why some of you act like you need to be like Ariana and have 100M streams on every song to be profitable. Lana barely does promo and doesn't even release a lot of videos and still is more successful that people that labels invest a lot of money on. She is the definition of profitable :smile2:

Also can we stop acting like Lana is now this underground artist that nobody listens to nowadays? She has 20M Spotify monthly listeners and had almost a billion streams in 2021 alone :eyeroll2:

Lmao yes just like Courtney Love and her daughter living off Kurt's 30 year old music, same for GnR, Pink Floyd and other 30+ year old bands not releasing music for decades and living like royalty, still being signed to labels and still touring and performing at festivals. I can see Lana doing that in 20 years and my 40+ year old ass buying tickets along with teenagers who romanticize the 2010s. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

1 minute ago, lanasbottom said:

your ass must be jealous of your mouth with the amount of shit that comes out of it 

See you in XXII century and we'll see who got the right. :dua: Maybe I'm wrong and delusional because i'm from EU where most ppl barely know who Beyonce is idk.

Mmeow~

1 minute ago, DeluluKing said:

See you in XXII century and we'll see who got the right. :dua: Maybe I'm wrong and delusional because i'm from EU where most ppl barely know who Beyonce is idk.

girl i’m also from europe where beyoncé sells out whole stadium tours in about 3.5 minutes 22 years into her career while lana barely fills 6k arenas there’s nothing to compare here this debate is so useless :godlaugh2: 

For once I'm happy that the mods move some of the posts from this thread this one included. Seriously, what is going on here :derpna2:

1 hour ago, lanasbottom said:

in that case she can prepare herself to say goodbye to her career and so can we :bebe: she’s not beyoncé, the "lemme me stay silent" treatment won’t work for her, it barely works for beyoncé anymore and she’s 20 levels above lana popularity wise. if she seriously thinks barely cracking a million streams after weeks or having the atrocious numbers cocc did will let her keep her contract or be profitable for her label for another 10 years she’ll unfortunately soon have a very rude awakening. that combined with the fact most of the gp hate her and interscope having more and more new artists to focus on thus needing her less and less….i’ll give her another era before they’ll either drop her completely or cut her funds…. we’re threatened with even more homemade videos with nikki GOD TAKE ME OUT :blanche7::bebe:

But she seemingly wants to be lower profile so this is likely why she's doing it this way

When she told that girl on Twitter that she'd been waiting for her to unstan, I felt like that was more a general sentiment than directed at one person only. She doesn't want stans and the related hysteria and I don't blame her because she's almost 36 now and is probably ready for a quiet life idk

This might be the new norm, or it might simply be a phase

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

7 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

girl i’m also from europe where beyoncé sells out whole stadium tours in about 3.5 minutes 22 years into her career while lana barely fills 6k arenas there’s nothing to compare here this debate is so useless :godlaugh2: 

Bestie I liked your criticism about Lana's mishandling of her career but career but calm down about Beyonce.

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

19 minutes ago, DeluluKing said:

Lana could murder ur child and her music would be listened more than beyonce's anyway. Beyonce has the name and popularity but Lana has the music. BTD will be still listened next century when idk if Beonce will be even remembered at that time. The ppl will have new even more popular Bey kind of singer with tons of streams.

Beyoncé will always be remembered by POC. Lana can be more popular in the future, but you can't deny Beyoncé's impact in black culture. She's not only a musician, she's also an inspiration for many girls and man of color

19 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

Now yes, I agree, she should give us clarifications for the dates, but that’s it. You should stop having high expectations with her, back in the day she didn’t have as much control as she has now, she’s basically free to do whatever she wants and yes, it’s so freaking annoying that she gives us dates and then never comment on them again. But can we just stop complaining every day about it?? There aren’t even discussions anymore about it, just the same complaints over and over. It’s not gonna change a damn thing. I’m not saying I’m fine with it. But bashing her almost on a daily basis on every single thing she does or doesn’t do won’t make you sleep better at night, I promise.

Lana always had creative freedom with her work. Obviously she has a label and needed to fill some expectation and do some heavy promo in the beginning, but with her music? She always did it in the way that she wanted. Even the music videos. It was all her and we shouldn't diminish it

13 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

But she seemingly wants to be lower profile so this is likely why she's doing it this way

When she told that girl on Twitter that she'd been waiting for her to unstan, I felt like that was more a general sentiment than directed at one person only. She doesn't want stans and the related hysteria and I don't blame her because she's almost 36 now and is probably ready for a quiet life idk

This might be the new norm, or it might simply be a phase

yeah i get the same feeling. i just question why must she do it this way? :bebe: like she could just be more laid back or absent from the industry without making everyone actively hate her, which she’s kinda been doing for a year now. she could take hiatuses or release every 5 years to focus on herself and make people want her to come back lorde style without going the casual racism and stupidity route. that would be better for her, for us and for her future work and wouldn’t destroy all the acclaim and image she worked for during a whole decade. i’d her for her to become some flop people will just remember as the crazy republican lady instead of being one of the best artists the industry ever discovered :crying2: